Edwin Cardona news & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by sidspaceman, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Cruzifero

Cruzifero Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Nu Jeru
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I agree it was a mistake to take Abel, but then we would've had only one mixto (Uribe) on the squad? Izquierdo wasn't even part of the team until the last set of friendlies, and other than drawing a penalty vs France, wasn't much of a factor.

Simplemente no me convence ese pelao.

pepinointer repped this.
  2. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Because izzy is attackling midfielder....at the end cardona lost the position with him

All players have back lezcano.....from aris to falcao....even they prepared a secret bbq for him,...........he is respected, is the sport manager.......something like maturana was before

Bad choicing happens....lezcano is an invention of the press........they made an history in russi with and agent in the trainings...that then people discovered that he wasnt even the same city with colombia.

If we are to focus in this history our football will be the same

Cruzifero repped this.
  3. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    well, that's sort of what have many folks are scratching their heads. Lerma, as well, while we were all wanting for him to earn a call up, also came up during the same set of friendlies and earned a WC spot and went from limited minutes to a full game vs England. Consequently those string of games allows him to play EPL. Just seems like we were a little all over the place and things just arent in place. I mean, Cardona, was up to that point one of the main reasons we made it to the WC. Not having him really hurt our chances, specially with James out.

Cruzifero repped this.
  4. Cruzifero

Cruzifero Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Nu Jeru
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Agreed too late to cry now... Hope Izquierdo improves.

pepinointer repped this.
  5. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I have thought all days and all time......about that ********ing match......im fuking sad

6. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I know the press makes up A LOT to stir the pot. But I also think that where's there's smoke there's fire. I know Lezcano is respected by the players but he wasnt hired by the federation as the sports manager. I just know that when I looked at that bench going into that match vs England we needed Cardona as there was no one that could offer what he could offer.

I dont think he'll play under Pekerman. I mean that was a big blow to him.We'll see.

7. Cruzifero

Cruzifero Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Nu Jeru
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It's a matter of what could've been. If Croatia made the final then we surely could've as well. Then I question myself if we'll always be underachievers, but at the same time I wasn't surprised, we are Colombia after all.

8. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Love Pekerman, always will. Having said that, I think hes taken us as far as he can. Some of his decisions and his big game line ups have directly kept us from making it far and will do so again.

villus repped this.
  9. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pues por este tipo de creencias es que se difunden mentiras histrocias y se repitan en todos los ambitos........cuando hay alguien malintencionado, no tienen problema a inventar de cero, como el señor carlos antonio velez.

Que todas las mentiras tienen "fire":...y tienen algo de verdad...hmmm me cuesta creelo.

no creo

upload_2018-8-9_10-26-0.png

Bad choicing happens..........people here think that duvan zapata for example deserved a spot.....depsite his perfomed in clubs isnt so good..

10. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    hope you're right. These federations are just ripe with corruption. Is it true that there will be a new Exec board coming in after Aug 31 but the choice of the new DT (including Pekerman as a choice) will be decided by the current board members? That doesnt seem to make a lot of sense if that's the case. Too easy for the new regime to just say it was the 'other board's fault', if we dont garner results.

11. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    This discussion we have had before.
    I would have liked to have seen both Cardona and Quinterito on the roster but it was just not going to happen. Not with all the baggage Cardona brought to the table since November.

Let's move on.

kromekote and krass repped this.
  12. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pekerman was the one that finished the veto to colombian players like valencia and soto.......dont think so, that he agrees with these corruptions practices of the board,

Lezcano was the scape goat of Carlos Antonio

dont confuse....guys

13. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Came on as a sub, took a corner that Tevez ended up scoring, and converted a penalty.

With Benedetto back, Boca may have the deepest, most talented squad in South America. Actually, I don't think anybody comes close

pepinointer, jay luis and J-Mezzy repped this.
  14. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    rumor is Schelotto will be sacked following the libertadores regardless of result. This was said on TyC.

no doubt about that squad, but they underperform a lot for some reason. I'm a fan of Ramon Abila I know he is inconsistent but I really like him. Benedetto's a talented forward with a great shot on him but I have a weakness for those old school number 9's.

pepinointer and Azucarero repped this.
  15. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So Nacionals new coach?

16. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Someone else pointed this out to me:

[​IMG]

Check out how lean Cardona looks?

Furnaccio repped this.
  17. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    That penalty was sweet. It is how I used to do it in FIFA 2017.

18. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Gluten free empanadas are making waves I hear

Azucarero repped this.
  19. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    And the Empanadas in Argentina taste different to the ones in Colombia.
    He probably misses home.;)

Azucarero and pepinointer repped this.
  20. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I was dying when I went to a Colombian place in nyc and everything said gluten free but deep fried

21. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I did not recognize him at first. I was like who is that Argentine guy with the Captain Jack Sparrow facial hair.

pibe10 and Azucarero repped this.
  22. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    my mother likes their empanadas, not me though. Nothing like the tasty colombian ones

pepinointer repped this.
  23. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Esas empanadas de los argentinos son muy gourmet........yo cuando quiero comer empanada quiero engordar como 5 kilos por el aceite y quedar con mal aliento con el aji.

Doogs and J-Mezzy repped this.
  24. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Si quieres engordar, come empanadas boricuas

pepinointer repped this.
  25. pepinointer