Edwin Cardona news & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by sidspaceman, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Hovaaa

Hovaaa Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Boston
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He was man of the match. He has adjusted to Boca really well, hopefully we see him shining in Europe in the near future.

2. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I wouldn't mind him staying and making a name for himself. I don't doubt his quality but I do doubt the amount of work load he can handle in Europe. Won't know until he actually goes I suppose

3. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Very good news regarding him. I do know from first source that few Euro teams didn't want to sign him because of jis attitude and laziness we all know he can be, but when he is focused, he is one of the talentest players in the world. I hope he'll be serious in Boca, we do not have to many players in his caliber.

4. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Be careful yesterday match was the first was official but was with a team called gimansia and tiro

5. Hovaaa

Hovaaa Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Boston
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yes, but he has been doing really well in preseason vs Argentinian teams. Everything points to a good start to the season and a quick adjustment to the team, hopefully this start doesn't disappoint.

6. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  7. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The Arg league may have lost some prestige in recent years, but Boca and River are still massive clubs. I am totally fine with Cardona spending some quality time at la Bombonera - keeps him sharp playing solid competition while giving him freedom to play his folkloric style.

8. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'm also fine with that but for people who don't really know him, it's strange that a player with his talent can't find his way to Europe. My friends saw him from time to time in the national team but don't understand why he wasn't kidnapped by Euro teams yet. I need him to be in form, not to sit on Juve's bench.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  9. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yup all our guys went to huge teams after the WC and failed.

Falcao to Man U/Chelsea
    James to Real
    Cuadrado to Chelsea
    Murillo to Inter
    Bacca to Milan
    Jackson to Atletico (then died or something dudes been MIA since he left Porto)

Furnaccio repped this.
  10. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

11. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Just jackson.....

The other guys didnt get a proper chance or really didnt sucked...

Azucarero repped this.
  12. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Because Euro teams dont pay for those price tags from mexican league....maybe from argentina

13. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    But he's not just a player from Mexico. He is a national team player of Colombia and like I said, I know for sure that to teams wanted to sign him but avoided because of the attitude, not price tag. With the crazy prices today, Cardona can easily be worth 20-25 million euro. Hell, for Duvan Zapata they ask 30...

14. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No colombian have been sold with a highprice because of being NT player from a south american league........

Teo, Davinson,Daniel Torres, Mina.(no more than 13 million said).......all prices have been low...

Euro teams dont consider NT experience so much,....and more when they havent play a world cup

15. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well maybe it's an issue for several clubs. In his case like I said, for two teams it wasn't the money.

16. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Which teams ?

For all teams buy a player from Latin America is a risk and if the price tag is high the risk is higher no matter if the team have the money to get the player .

Europe don't trust too much in Mexican legue to pay a lot for a player

17. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Doesn't matter if it's Latin, European or Asian. Every time when a team buy a player its a risk. They never know how he'll fit in. Nothing to do with Mexican teams. Barca splash the cas on Ibra and he didn't fit in. Was a huge risk and they failed.

We'll agree not to agree here.

18. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Is a fact :

Most expensive sale of mexican league: was lozano this summer.

Monterrey was asking at least 12 million for Cardona that was a sub this season for monterrey.....europe clubs dont love to invest huge amounts in mexico.

league of origin is important.

19. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Real paid a fortune on a 16 year old Brazilian kid that no one knows when and if he'll fit in. Personally I think that Cardona is worth way more than 12M but it's not the issue. Like I say, we probably won't agree on this but it's OK, this is called a forum :)

20. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #570 pepinointer, Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    Brasil isnt mexico.

Brasil: Land of Pele, Neymar, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, 5 WC.........Like 10 different clubs winning continental and interocntinental cups.

Mexican league: ............................

Is a matter of good will....In few ocassions teams are going to pay what mexican clubs asks
    for their players.

We dont need to be genius.

Im not saying that Cardon deserve that price or not.....But the market isnt based on quality of the player.

Euro teams dont trust in mexican league (more from a player that was sub)........isnt because i tdont hink cardona worth that

21. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We'll agree to disagree

22. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Review your facts if you think that mexican league have the same good will of brazilian league or a top league selling expensive (sub) players.............is beyond “opinion“

23. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It's not beyond an opinion because the strength of the league is nothing to do with taking a risk or not. And you make it sound like Mexico is India. We'll agree not to agree.

24. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The good will of a league selling players is a reality.....some leagues sell more expensive players than others. Mexico is below Brasil and Argentina selling players.....isnt a secret. Mexico only have sold two players above 10 millions euros ......Argentina in 2000 was selling cordoba by 18 millons.

Mexico isnt india but the historic transfer records just show that few foreing teams have bought their players in the prices that they say.

If a little amount of teams trust in your product, isnt a good idea to put high prices if you want to sell.

25. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    But you talk in general. Not every player from Mexico is garbage who doesn't worth 10M and not every Brazilian is the next Pele. I can guarantee you that when teams follow a player they won't, they can either accept the price or not. If Cardona (who isn't Mexican) would play in Brazil, no one would pay 12M on him for the same reason. It's not like that teams would break their bank account just because he played in the Brasileiro. We brought a player from fu*king Venezuela who became the best player of the Copa Libertadores while so far our "Athletic Bilbao" player looks like garbage. I agree that in Europe they prefer more Argies or Brazilians but nothing to do with price vs. league. Specific in Cardona's story, the ones who rejected him told the agent (who happens to be a friend of mine) that it's because of his attitude and laziness.