Eder Balanta

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by RiverGaucho, Mar 1, 2013.

1. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    More at the end of the day it's Colombia v Argentina when Santa Fe played for the Sudamerica final. The prior one was Colombia v Argentina for River V Nacional. Boca has 3 Colombians now. They have 11 and beat Nacional or another Colombian team at the end of the day people people only see Argentina lifting another title.

Us winning shit makes our players more expensive and opens more doors for better transfers. River and Boca get knocked out in 1st round still sell 5-6 players. Santa Fe won they didn't sell anyone to Europe if am not mistaken. They sent their best 2 players to Brazil. Nacional won sold 1 to Europe because he is on the NT for big bucks and Torres went to Europe also because of the NT. Perez ended up going to Boca. That bentecour kid was going to go to AC fking Milan for 15 million!!! The Ecuadorian team that dominated only sent 1 dude to a crap club in Europe.

We just don't have that love yet until our teams start winning more often. So regardless of who is playing I cheer for them. I only hate Roma because I hate Totti and Man U because people in the US think they have won the last 6 world clubs.

2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That's your problem?

Shit, I wish we had to deal with lack of interest in our players. While you're hoping for transfers, we're here crossing our fingers that half our team doesn't get dismantled every 6 months. Go figure..

pepinointer, jay luis and Caribe_Soy repped this.
  3. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #828 HomietheClown, Sep 3, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
    So a lot of the blame should be given to one player??? And that was just one game. Just half of the two game aggregate if you look at it analytically.
    The second game River should have taken care of business and wasted their chances. "a lot of the blame" should never be on one player. Other players offensively did not do their job either.

4. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Balanta's winning goal for Basel against Lausanne. Diving header off a corner. Deep into extra time too

5. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    wow....cambio de aire.... what a difference it's making for his confidence. Good for him. Our NT is starting to look pretty deep in that CB position. Murillo + O Murillo + Mina + Zapata + Balanta +Espinosa.

Azucarero, ryu79 and pepinointer repped this.
  6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No yepes no party :cry:

dapip and kromekote repped this.
  7. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Def a weaker league then Argentina.Has Espinosa debut yet?

8. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
  9. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    no. just getting back from injury. And yes a weaker league but confidence will be important for balanta.

pepinointer repped this.
  10. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think is More about being colombian ...i remebered one about vargas and another with falcao that they had to dance because they are " caribbeans"

Argentinian journalists

kromekote repped this.
  11. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

The last Manchester that was champion...

12. Caribe_Soy

Caribe_Soy Member

Feb 26, 2016
    Lausanne, CH
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I thought Lausanne was still in second division :ROFLMAO:, I could have gone to the match... Or not, last time I went to match here between swiss teams I almost fell asleep.

And yes, this is a weak league, weaker than Colombian actually... The only good team now is the FC Basel.

13. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Colombia the league of reinging champions of libertadores and sudamericana . League that export players that perfomed in a good level every weekend in europe.

isnt a weak league

kromekote repped this.
  14. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Just badly run. Getting better tho

15. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    you live in Switzerland?

16. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    you can only imagine if we actually had some proper administration , the league would make a huge leap. Need to even out the money a bit more and have some structure. Also, need to find a way to get the fans back to the stadiums...even for smaller clubs. But even with all these obstacles, the Colombian league has one of the most raw talented leagues in Latin America.

17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    In think that our lack of money have been a "blessed" ..Just look At México , a league build with premier league principles

18. Caribe_Soy

Caribe_Soy Member

Feb 26, 2016
    Lausanne, CH
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't see the Colombian league as a really strong league, the system is not good at all, kind of a reward to mediocrity and a really poor organization, although I have to admit that the league has improved a lot these last years.

Yes, I do.

19. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Problem with the Colombian league is too many games. Play offs should be 1 game knock out. Champion has like a 1 week vacation and not enough of a break for players.

1st place plays 4th or 8th place team at home. Single elimination. Team who finished higher plays at home.

Also when it's a international cup make the season shorter. Nacional played the same day as the Colombian NT? And the same time as Argentina. V Uruguay ? Who the hell watched that game or went to the stadium

20. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #845 pepinointer, Sep 24, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
    El sistema y la organización no son criterios para juzgar el nivel de la liga .
    Desde hace rato los equipos que ganan la liga son los que clasifican de primeros

Hay que aprender a distinguir

El sistema no determina si una liga es buena . El nivel y sus resultados internacional si . El nivel de jugadores que produce .

Que el sistema y la organización no es como el de Europa , eso no determina si la liga es fuerte o no .

Que se podría adoptar ese modelo para hacer una liga más seria es verdyad . P

dapip repped this.
  21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This actually happen in this moment.

22. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Balanta in starting lineup today against Arsenal.....hope he doesn't score on Ospina!

23. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Campeones de Libertadores y Suramericana y con otros 4 o 5 equipos decentes. Yo no voy a decir que es la mejor liga del continente o que esta al nivel de alguna de Europa pero la liga esta en el mejor nivel desde los 1990s.

24. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That can be said about any league the top 4-5 teams are miles ahead of everyone else in just about every league.

Feel is Millos, Junior were managed a bit better they could def compete internationally.

Issue with Dep Cali is it is a development club then a 19 year old kid scores 2 goals and it's they rush to sell him. They don't really reinvest wisely other then putting a ton of money in their youth squads

25. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    And how does negate my point?

On the other unrelated issue that you bring: What do you think are the price expectations for players from FPC? Why should they hold on if they get a decent offer for a 19 yo?