Ecuatorianos en el exterior, Part IV

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Players Abroad' started by cristian1mv, Jan 9, 2010.

1. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    He has a good head on his shoulders it not like he was messing around in Germany y no es un jugador de mas o menos like the majority of our guys that have gone there. He knows it important to learn English which is good and MLS is talking alot about him so he should be motivated. Cant wait for to watch MLS for Plata and now Gruezo.

2. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Wtf !Miller is out for a month after receiving criminal elbow to his jaw from an Inter player,the guy broke his jaw.ffs is there some conspiracy in hurting our squad.

3. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    It's just bad luck.

4. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Another thing that is good for Gruezo and MLS is that he will learn how to get physically build for sure. I think Miller came out of MLS a lot better shape than before and probably learned how to maintain himself in top shape. I'm hoping that Gruezo learns this in the MLS. He is a good player and I agree that he seems to have his head on his shoulders.

5. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    This. For some reason it happens to us a lot =( I don't remember when we had all of our top guys back fully healthy and playing together. UGH! I'm hoping for this when summer comes around.

6. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Bad luck? It was CRIMINAL. The conspiracy was not to hurt Ecuador however, but Gremio. Miller was our hope to win titles this year, since Gremio is in a long dry spell (last. National or international title was in 2001). And he was a HUGE investment financially for the club.

But more than that, he became instant idol for his quality, humbleness, character.

Internacional are in a bad moment and they don't want to see Gremio succeeding. Their coach is KNOWN to tell his players to beat the crap out of opponents.

And this William bandit that tried to kill Miller had already used his elbow in devious ways before.

The coward Inter directors were even saying Bolanos faked the injury, or that HE committed the foul! Preposterous!

They on purpose caused huge damage to their arch rival Gremio, but they also did so to the human being Miller AND to the nation of Ecuador.

7. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Look the camera from behind... clearly intentional and devious. William BREAKS and raises his elbow, so Millet coming fast from behind is unable to stop

8. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

And yes, it's also bad luck- would you like some context for my statement? I don't think I ever antagonized anyone in this process of discussion except for making a simple statement. No need to have a blown-out tone.

Here's the context- Miller Bolanos has a long and drawn out history of injuries that sideline him- most are flukes and probably because of poor fitness or conditioning in the pre-season, others like this, are violently caused. In any case, to have this happen when he's on a hot streak, is actually quite a moment of bad luck.

For Ecuador, this is bad luck, too....Enner Valencia, Antonio Valencia, and Miller Bolanos have all been hurt at one point or another, which is a problem for the team. There has also been another bout of injuries with secondary players, which is a highly unfortunate thing for us to deal with.

We have had horrible luck with these injuries.

9. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Are you asking if I need some context for your statement, and saying I had a blown out tone simply because of TWO WORDS followed by a question mark in my post?

it was a giant post, but it seems you got offended by that very small first 2 words, as if I was angry with you, when my post makes it pretty clear I am angry with the situation and with Inter's players and directors, not with your statement.

10. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Would it be great to see valencia in another league? I can't stand reading redcafe and it seems that the general consensus is to get rid of him.

11. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    i would avoid that site like the plague, if i were you.

12. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Just wanted to say that I'm in total agreement with aces high,this wasn't a case of bad luck.while I understand the scope of what Ldu meant as bad"luck",the statement can be taken, as a boys will be boys kind of thing and thus the reply by our gremio guest.Just as my statement as conspiracy could be taken out of context.when a player suffers 2 serious injuries to his jaw ,this is indeed criminal and irresponsible behavior.that's it for this topic on my end.hope Miller comes out strong from this.

13. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ha!this site is been s&@tting on him since when he was doing good,lots of posters from weak leagues and even countries that have no soccer knowledge there.I agree that he should go to another team just to clear the air and rejuvenate.

14. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I don't think anyone is discounting your statement, but let's be clear here, Miller's injury was awful and unwarranted, but as an Ecuadorian, I'll also acknowledge our massive string of injuries at inopportune times- case and point, Felipe Caicedo is injured again (concussion?). For the totality of the squad, we've been hurting for a while and somehow still managing to find a way to win, but I don't trust that because we deserve and need the healthiest squad possible. I really hope we don't come hobbling into the eliminatorias. I hope....

15. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    In this qualifiers we have had to deal with injuries from...

Enner Valencia
    Antonio Valencia
    Renato Ibarra
    Michael Arroyo
    Osvaldo Lastra
    Gabriel Achillier
    Miller Bolanos (recent)
    Felipe Caicedo (recent)

Thats not bad luck...THATS TERRIBLE LUCK

16. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    It's good to see Montero have a great game again after a long time. If you guys watched him he played much well and less selfish. I hope he continues to start and play good. Glad his back.

damnecuadorian repped this.
  17. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Anyone been watching A. Valencia play recently? He's been playing great! Looks good and healthy again. Even better after this last injury. My guess he feels more confident now with his leg than he did before. Looks quick again.

18. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Please check the earthquake thread that was opened as well...

solidarity.

19. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Arroyo won America that cup.

20. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Thought it would be fun to make a team out of the young Ecuadorian players in Europe.

Ecuador European XI
    Oscar Segura
    Gabriel Corozo, Erick Steven Ferigra, Jordi Govea, Christian Ramirez
    Josimar Quinteros, Joel Valencia, Sebastian Mendez, Jonathan Zuloaga
    Walberto Caicedo, Augusto Batioja

Any other young Ecuadorian player in Europe?

21. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    This is a good list- we need to keep tabs on these kids! How's the press coverage?

22. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Well we are all familiar with Gabriel Corozo, Christian Ramirez, Josimar Quinteros, Joel Valencia,Walberto Caicedo, Augusto Batioja. Decent Coverage on them when ever they play and score.

Erick Steven Ferigra and Jordi Govea play in the youth divisions of Barcelona and Real Madrid and surprisingly dont get to much coverage. (They might not play to much)

Oscar Segura plays in Athlétic Club Arles-Avignon French B league might get regulated to third division hope he does good when U20 come around but no real coverage on him yet. Currently the only GK we have out in Europe at the moment so I have my fingers crossed for him.

Sebastian Mendez, Jonathan Zuloaga play in the lower division of Spain/Italy (3rd and 4th) no coverage on them really. But might not play to much either I know Mendez doesnt.

To mention any new tab to keep on it would be Walberto Caicedo he came from Emelec reserves and is Marcos Caicedo Brother. He managed to get good playing time and scored a decent amount of goals for just joining his team in Serbia and I am not going to lie I personally like the style of play both the league and the team have if any one has watched highlights. He is 23 right now hope he moves up to a bigger and better league.

23. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Hold on I want to change the line up I forgot about Jordan Gaspar and Mendez went back to Independiente (His loan finished) so ...

Oscar Segura
    Gabriel Corozo, Erick Steven Ferigra, Jordi Govea, Christian Ramirez
    Josimar Quinteros, Joel Valencia, Erick Rodriguez, Jonathan Zuloaga
    Walberto Caicedo, Jordan Gaspar

Erick Rodriguez plays in the youth divisions of Real Zaragoza there is also Alexis Garces who plays forward for Rayo Vallecano he is 16.

24. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Renato Ibarra signs with America,
    How do you guys take that? I for one think he will get lots of playing time but I wish he would have stayed in Europe

25. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Jose Ayovi moves up to first Division with Jaguares

b9d23m89 repped this.