Ecuadorian Flag or Colombian?..a quick note.

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Guayaquileño, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I currently live in Maine, USA...:eek:

2. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LoL..... Looks like I opened pandora's box !! I didn't expect ppl to get riled up like this.... whatever the flag is it most definitely isn't the colombian one... and if anything it looks more like the ecuadorian one .... if I had to bet money on it I would say it was the ecuadorian one... but for the sake of being political lets just say its a very bad done flag ! anyways we all know what country the team represents.. and the flag is not the big factor here in relevance to that.

all in all, it was just a sloppy showing of a flag.... I just think they couldn't get hands on a the colombian flag whether with the coat of arms or not and someone just handed them that sloppy ambiguous looking flag with the "republica de colombia" stamped on it to differentiate it. I bet the team didn't even get to see the flag but in the haste of things they just spread out what was handed to them.. come on they were more focused on winning the freakin the championship... lol

3. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Re: Colombia Escudo!!!

u realize Ecuador use to be part of Colombia right????

link

4. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you mean part of "La Gran Colombia" which was made of the departments of Quito, Cundinamarca, and Venezuela.

Actually, Ecuador was never "part" of Colombia... Both were part of the same country that used to be La Gran Colombia along with Venezuela, in the time when Colombia wasn't called Colombia but Cundinamarca. As a matter of fact, the south western part of Colombia used to be part of Ecuador as far north as to include the city of Cali . (how ironic, I have family in Cali from my pop's side.. lol)

As a matter of fact Ecuador is an older nation than Colombia..

Ecuador won its independence in 1809 and Colombia in 1810.

It would actually be more accurate to say Colombia was part of Ecuador, which was not the case either.

All three countries Ecua, Vene, and Colo were using the same tri color flag during the wars against Spain.. the flag is called the Miranda flag.... And in any case Ecuador being older, officialized the Miranda tri color flag before.

But it doesn't matter we all share a common heritage in that matter... and the flag belongs to all three of us due our past and heritage.. thanks to Simon Bolivar and all other independence heroes.

5. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    it was called la gran Colombia for a reason and not la gran ecuador !!!

either way our flags are basically the same for this reason and are equally nice

6. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

LoL... The names Ecuador or Colombia didn't exist for both the countries back then... Colombia was known as Cundinamarca and Ecuador was known as Quito. After the countries split up Cundinamarca or nueva granada as it was also called decided to take the name that Simon Bolivar gave to three countries as a single nation.. Trust me there was no reason regarding present day colombia for the name "gran colombia", it was just a name given to the three countries by Simon Bolivar.

Put it this way... if Quito instead of Cundinamarca decided to take up the name of colombia.. ecuador would be named colombia instead and your country would be still named new granada.. LoL, but that was not the case and both countries chose their respective names.

And yea both the flags are beautiful... they are the same flag just with two different coat of arms. So we should be proud of the three colors.

7. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    but we must know there is a difference...

8. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

LOL...Please pick up a history book or go back to school before you continue to embarass yourself some more with comments like these!

[​IMG]

9. Arango82

Arango82 Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Caracas FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    PLease tell me this is sarcasm to get people mad.

You knew this right?............ yea you do you're messing with us.

10. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LoL... Arango.. that first quote wasn't mine .. it was crzdcolo's ... take a look.. why would I type such a thing... ??

11. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    he's misquoting, you can sue in this country for that! lol homeboy better wish he's in venezuela lol

12. Arango82

Arango82 Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Caracas FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    Yea I copy and paste the wrong thing and now I can't edit. Btw, didnt know they called Colombia "Cundinamarca" I thought iy was only Nueva Granada.
    [​IMG]

13. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It's cool.. I've been guilty of misquoting as well.. but still you should know that I would never say such a thing... .. yea man.. I had to educate some people on their pwn history at the same time I also found out.. lol

14. dianamo-superstriker

Sep 30, 2007
    California
    nice...

15. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States