Ecuador WCQ Matches vs Colombia and Bolivia

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by Luigi408, Aug 26, 2013.

1. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    #276 viagoal, Sep 10, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
    We are now playing to not play a Repechaje

***WCQ STANDING
    Argentina 26 pts (Pending) game vs Paraguay
    Colombia 26 pts
    Chile 24 pts
    Ecuador 22 pts +4 goals
    Uruguay 22 pts +0 goals

Venezuela 20 pts -6 goals would have to beat Paraguay by 10 goals
    Peru 15 pts ELIMINATED
    Paraguay 11 pts ELIMINATED
    Bolivia 11 pts ELIMINATED

WCQ SCHEDULE
    Friday Oct. 11, 2013
    (Bolivia off)
    Ecuador vs Uruguay
    Venezuela vs Paraguay
    Argentina vs Peru
    Colombia vs Chile

Tuesday Oct. 15, 2013
    (Venezuela off)
    Chile vs Ecuador
    Paraguay vs Colombia
    Peru vs Bolivia
    Uruguay vs Argentina

2. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Watching these other NT teams play today you can see how Ecuador's talent is lacking. For some reason Uruguay players play faster and harder when its crunch time. Ecuador lags behind not just in talent, but having the balls to come out on top.

Our midfield is so poor. Only Naboa is decent. Still, he makes so many stupid passing mistakes. No wonder he hasn't left Russia. Our midfield is the weakest out of all South America!!

Our wings are good but they are selfish and can't finish.

Only good news is that next game we might have Campos back in the defense. He is decent and can make a big difference in the back. He is WAY better than Achilier and Guagua. Those two losers shouldn't ever be called up to the NT. Erazo has bad two solid games now. IMO he has been the best player in the two last games. He needs to improve his passing when moving the the midfield.

We need to call Martinez. He has to be our "9" because we don't have Chucho. It's clear that Chucho carried this team now. Without him we are nothing. We have fallen in rank in the qualifier and that is trully where Ecuador belong. We don't deserve anything more than 5th place because the other NTs have played much better and much harder. If Ecuador goes to the World Cup they are gonna be a joke! Specially because Rueda would be in charge.

Rueda is a pussy. He plays scared and doesn't know ANYTHING about calling the right players. Saritama? He DIDN'T do anything good today. He is a plain terrible player who isn't going to help the NT at all... Ever.

Valencia: what happened to him? All the injuries caught up? Dude sucks now.

Caicedo: Seriously, this dude is made of glass. He has been injured so much, and being in Russia has made am a huge disappointment.

Someone please tell me how a coach who hasn't won in 6 games still keeps his coaching job?

This team is full of disappointment, always.

3. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    f off you dont see us in your forum telling you how uruguay just nutted in you.

4. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    At this point in Rueda's tenure, it's clear that he is a mediocre coach. I miss the Vizuete days. If you look head to head, Vizuete did so much more than Rueda with an older defense, inexperienced forwards, and a weaker midfield. Under Vizuete, we beat Peru and Bolivia away, we beat Argentina at home, tied them away. The only worse result was against Paraguay with the last minute goal. As I always said, Vizuete didn't cause us not to qualify to the WC, it was the first 3 games under LFS. Vizuete gave us hope and almost delivered the impossible.

Plus WE PLAYED BETTER. We were exciting with Vizuete. We had a style and a set formation. Unfortunately Chucho and Caicedo were 4 years younger and not ready.

I still say we're going to qualify. We will probably have to suffer the repechaje because I can't see us beating either Uruguay or Chile. But even if we grind out the results necessary to qualify, under Rueda this is still a boring and predictable team. Everybody knows to pressure Valencia and Montero on the wings and stop their crosses. Figure that out and you beat us. It's not a mystery. Everything else about this team's tactics is unclear to me. Yoya playing in front of the midfield, 2 defensive midfielders with no creative responsibilities, the substitutions made after we are losing to chase the game...all of these seem strange to me. I try to convince myself that it's part of a master strategy, but then it turns out exactly like I feared. We had no creativity in midfield, Yoya was anonymous, the substitutions had no impact...what could we expect out of those tactics?

It's not like we can't say "we told you so"...all of us have been calling for players like Martinez, Arroyo, Guerron (he didn't play well but didn't have much time) and others because we have EYES and we see the team's current limitations. Mendez is back and did well against Colombia to help us control the midfield, why wasn't he involved today?? When fans question the coach's decisions, and the decisions fail, then something needs to happen.

5. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    And what did Rueda do with Colombia?? They were eliminated with like half the games to go last time...the only reason Honduras made it to the World Cup was a last-minute freak goal by the USA against Costa Rica.

Rueda is using the same base that Vizuete left him, except for the defense which I give him a little credit for. Otherwise our midfield and forward line is the same, just they are all in their prime now. He's done nothing to build a team or a system, he inherited the whole thing.

6. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    jeje vizuete what exciting times!

7. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    OK fine, I was wrong, I don't follow Colombian football. Why don't you return the favor and leave this forum?

8. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    It was the same shit with Vizuete, even if we played nicely. Or does everybody forget of all the games that we would lose or tie at the very end?

9. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    We've had enough time with Rueda where we can make meaningful comparisons. Head-to-head, I am sure that we got more points with Vizuete in the same matches.

10. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I believe a draw with Uruguay puts both team safely into the playoff with Jordan.

11. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  12. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Lol that's true though. Out of Montero and Valencia we have a below average team. No one else really plays often outside of Ecuador lol. The whole defense plays in Ecuadorian league which is a bad league talent wise (see their performance in international cups). The two midfielders play in Russia and Middle East! The only forward we trully have is injured most of the time and plays in Russia once in a while.

I don't blame the players but the people in charge though. The youth and the league is mismanaged. FEF is full of stupid people that don't have any idea how to make the league better. Big teams haven't really produced talent at all like Liga de Quito.

Like I said, if we don't start from the top and kick all the people out of FEF and get people who actually want to win, then we are never going to get anywhere.

13. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Just confirms that without Chucho the Ecuadorian NT is very average, only Montero looks like a big game player these days.

14. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ridiculous, what will firing People out the FEF do? LMFAO!! Ecuadorians don't breathe Futbol like other south American countries. Look at the Empty Stadiums during the league play. You actually think Firing Chiriboga will change that? He's the one that wrote the law for every club to have a youth in the lineup and clubs,fans and coaches Bitched about it. You know what the difference is between S.A Country? While people here like yourself wanted jackass Guerron to play, Uruguay started a 18 year old defenders Gimenez against the 3rd ranked Country in the World and against some of the best strikers. Jesus christ he did awesome. Huge DIFFERENCE!!

15. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I thought the win in Bolivia was possible, not easy. Just like I defended Rueda a few days ago, vs. Bolivia i'll tell it like it is- his strategy & tactics were awful. He played very conservatively, only counter attacking, he played Jaime Ayovi as a center mid...sometimes even recovering, he didn't take out Montero when Montero was gassed out, he took out Castillo a little late when Castillo was gassed out, etc. But I said this months ago, the game in Bolivia will not be easy, b/c they gave us the hardest possible game in Quito....and guess who didn't play that game? Chucho Benitez. Guess how we played against them that day? EXTREMELY similarly to how we did yesterday w/ a similar line up and similar formation- depending only on wing play. The only difference here is that Yoya wasn't playing as a forward, he was a freakin center mid. What in God's name happened in Rueda's brain is beyond me. He went from a brilliant scheme in Colombia to having us play the worst game i've ever seen Ecuador play in Bolivia. Maybe it was the desgaste that players like Castillo, Montero, W. Ayovi, and other players suffered after playing a very intense and tiring game in Colombia where they ran their asses off more than anything....but whether that was the case or not, this had to be kept in mind.

I've also been saying since the game vs. Argentina in Quito....we have become predictable. No Chucho means Caicedo's job is 10 times harder. Montero was terrible, although some people here think he did amazing and want to say otherwise. But there were at least 3 opportunities where Montero STOOD and i mean STOOD in the box and didn't center the ball when we were on a counter attack....and I think it was either Noboa or Saritama that came from behind to the center of the box and Montero's dumbass didn't pass. 3 times!!! Unbelievable. If someone needs to be criticized harshly, it's him. But who can blame him all the way either? He was gassed out and shouldn't have played passed the 60th minute. So it's hard to even point fingers at him. But that was the most frustrating player to see yesterday. It reminded me of Montero from a year ago, not the one we've been seeing lately. I was surprised but in a bad way by Jeff.

Another mistake-IMO Castillo was done after the 1st half. He was gassed out and Noboa had to come in for him and Jaime Ayovi had to be switched out at that point not b/c he played horribly but b/c Rueda obviously doesn't know how to use him and his function on the field wasn't helping or going to be needed...simple as that. The goal Bolivia scored was due to poor marking by the center mids- once again a problem that we've faced this Qualifier. Honestly I don't know who to blame on that one- Saritama or Castillo but it seems like Saritama was more at fault on that one. And honestly Saritama was having a decent game in the first half until that happened at the beginning of the second.

The defense did it's job and even JC Paredes did ok, not great, but it was acceptable compared to his recent performances. the first minutes of the second half were when we suffered the most. There were a few mistakes that could have cost us but most of the danger Bolivia caused was via long shots....meaning that the center mids were not doing their job. I think Noboa helped out when he came in, but he didn't help fix the issue completely b/c Saritama wasn't doing well at all in the second half of the game.

Either way, we are in. At least for the repechaje. Venezuela has to beat Paraguay like 10-0 to pass Ecuador is goal difference and we would have to lose at home vs. Uruguay to not be in. Venezuela only has 1 more game and it's that one vs. Paraguay. Peru is out, too far from us and their next game is in Argentina. Either way guys, we are in. What I do know is that between now and next month we have lots of problems to solve and little solutions...or maybe there are solutions, but it's going to take time.

The issues we have to solve between now and the game vs. Uruguay is: Who is going to pair up with Felipe Caicedo?
    Honestly I think we need to see Yoya in his natural position to actually judge him, NOT as a center mid, but playing up front with Caicedo where he should have been vs. Bolivia. Unfortunately, we didn't get to see what this pair could really do. I felt like lots of Valencia and Montero's plays could have been solved if 1 more man was in the box, but unfortunately Rueda had other plans for Jaime yesterday. So my opinion is that it is too early to judge Yoya-Caicedo as a duo.

Some people here are also criticizing Guerron LMAO But no one here said he was going to be the savior, just that he was 1 out of 2 possible options (the best 2 options) we had to PAIR UP with Caicedo. Not the best option to be a lone striker for 20 minutes. 20 minutes to judge a player in a game where the team as a whole didn't function properly....i don't see that as a fair game. Rueda's propuesta in this game didn't help the cause for Guerron either. I can only imagine what some of you posters would say if Fidel Martinez had a similar game in 20 minutes. lol it seems like everyone sucks when they can't save the day in this forum.

If you're looking for a savior, you're not going to find one of this team.

ECUA_GL repped this.
  16. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    LMAO weren't you the one saying that Corozo would get his ass beat against Colombia and Bolivia b/c he's too young and inexperienced? Now you're applauding that Uruguay started an 18 year old (same age as Corozo) in their line up. Is it because he's uruguayo?

17. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    yes, not once but it was like 3 times. yet some people want to praise Montero for this game.

18. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    poor Fidel, 20 minutes in a game like yesterdays and he'd get eaten up by all the posters.

19. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    hahhahahahahhahahaha

I've come to the conclusion that you must really want Ecuador to not make it to the WC/

20. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    So for that ONE rule Chiriboga should stay? That dude hired Rueda. He had so many other coaches available but went the cheap way. He is responsible for us failing to go to the last WC by keeping a coach that failed miserably in Copa America. Now he hired a coach that hasn't won in 6 straight games and we are about to be eliminated from the WC again. He has failed to do anything to teams like D. Quito that doesn't pay its players for months! Chiriboga's time has ran out.

Ecuador might not be a futbol country as much as other SA countries but there are more reasons why the stadiums are empty. Security being a major factor. People get freaking killed in these stadiums. Why would someone risk their families when the stadium security is so poor? Also ticket prices could be too high for the average person. There are many other factors why the stadiums are empty, not just that Ecuador isn't a futbol country.

21. lav92

lav92 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Lol not really. Can't compare Fidel to Guerron, Fidel has a lot of potential for the next qualifiers as well. Since Chucho died I've been one of the ppl who liked the idea of playing a 4-5-1. 2 defensive mids with Montero, Guerron and Valencia behind Caicedo. After the Colombia game I was assuming Rueda would go with Mendez who showed he can still control the tempo of the game at that age. And since he is playing in Quito it made a lot of sense. But Rueda loses the support I slowly had for him by placing Jaime Ayovi as a center attacking mid? If you go back to my posts during the Colombia game I mentioned how Ayovi barely runs. Yeah you can say he was on the field because he adjusts to the altura but he simply isn't that type of player who runs all game.
    My beef with Guerron was that he showed the same problems from before. He had 3 chances where he could've passed back, done something smart with the ball but know he tries to dribble and shoot from pointless spots on the field after closing his own angles. He linked up well with Valencia on one play but that's about it. Maybe the repechaje can be a blessing in disguise. This team needs to find that piece that will replace Chucho after guys on this forum (kinda like you) constantly ripped on him.

22. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yup, Are you saying that uruguay and Ecuador has the same Talent Pool? Come on man, Don't be a Joke!! Get to work and start bringing up Talent!!! Starting with your Club!!

23. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Excuses, Excuses, Excuses..First thing you need to do is Be Honest. Without Honestly you are going nowhere! And That's why Alot of People get annoyed with me. Empty stadiums in Ecuador were there since the first time I went to Ecuador in 1979,81,83,85,87,88,89 and the last time a spent 2 month in Ecuador was 95. and 98 For the weekend, Final of the Copa Lib. Absolutely nothing has changed when it come to Attendance!! The Biggest Regular match i ever saw was a Barcelona vs Green Cross where 90+K people Came and that was because they were talking big Smack. Ecuadorian Fan have absolutely No ********ing patience when it comes to bringing up youth. No patience. All you do is Bitch and moan and blame people!! and I'll quote my Dad " The only ********ing people that can bitch and complain about their Clubs are the One's that goes regularly to games and Pays MONEY" If not than STFU!!

24. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    no, but were you expecting us to play with straight 18 year olds then?

Starting with my club? My club has the best young player in the league who will most likely be playing in a top league not too far from now assuming his agents aren't garbage. We have a juvenil on loan to Juventus. And hopefully another juvenil who will most likely bloom next season- Richard Mercado.

25. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We're in, bro. Check the table. You think Venezuela is going to give Paraguay a huge 6-0...and on top of that Ecuador has to lose by a big goleada at home. I'm talking like 4-0 or more. Not happening. And this is assuming that Paraguay doesn't score a single goal in venezuela and Ecuador doesn't score a single goal in the next 2 games and loses by huge catastrophic margins. The repechaje is secured almost 100%. Almost.