Ecuador vs Uruguay WCQ Oct 10, 2009

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by barcelonista1981, Sep 9, 2009.

1. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    like you guys don't shit talk either,and btw the Ecuadorian coach never underestimated you guys he said that you guys have la garra charrua but we're going to show you guys what la garra Ecuatoriana is that's it, and either way you guys are fluke and only win with offside goals and help from refs,need I say more,peace out I'm done,and like I said karma will come back,and who knows if Uruguay gets a pentaly in the last minute called against you guys,then we'll see whol laughs

2. urunegro71

urunegro71 Member

Aug 15, 2003
    Newark New Jersey
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    lol prob right,but we dont know that.. what we do know is uruguay won .. and im not rubbing it in all your faces just yours pepe ..you honestly wouldnt be happy after a win like that haha.. and the way you guys played in quito your home turf ,was mediocre .. and about forlan you better watch what your saying about the 2 time golden boot winner pepe haha

3. urunegro71

urunegro71 Member

Aug 15, 2003
    Newark New Jersey
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    well if it really is a penalty thats called against them..im just gonna have to accept it .. and not come back here and cry how the ref stole the game :`( .. and ecuador is a bigger fluke letting uruguay walk away with victory in quito.. you shouldnt be mad at uruguay .. just mad at your own nt c'mon pepe wake up

4. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    Benitez = the Minime version of El Tanque Hurtado

Caicedo = crap

We have no defense and no strikers, and the problem is the ones behind the starters aren't much better.

5. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Scratch that, Montero is the best we've got...but what the heck do we all expect from an unexperienced kid playing such a huge game??? He did ENOUGH for me. The midfield in general played well as usual, maybe not their best games (besides Noboa), but they all played well.

Vizuete kept having every damn play be a central attack and i think he was too stupid to notice that it didn't work. attacking from the sides didn't work as well either with montero and valencia besides few times...why? b/c Uruguay had that covered to....for those sideline attacks to be effective Montero AND Ayovi had to attack together and someone had to have Ayovi's back to do so. Same with the right side Valencia AND Reasco had to dig in the sidelines together, not alone. Uruguay was WAY too solid for anyone to be doing individual plays yesterday, and as most of you can notice...those who tried to play individual got the ball stolen about every time. And watch bothered me the most is that Reasco and Ayovi both tried digging in the middle as well when the got past the center of the field. I caught them playing diagnally aiming TOWARDS the center at many points in the game here and there, it annoyed the hell out of me.

And I can't believe your saying "Benitez is still the best we've got"...insanity. Some people are just hardcore fans of the man I guess lol, aunque pierda millon de partidos por Benitez, la gente siguen queriendolo mas

6. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    listen man I don't hate you or Uruguayans I just feel so pissed off right now, our forwards play like shit,even bolivia has better forwards than us, we could have won yesterday's game but you have to be real and accept that the ref made alot of calls against us and didn't mae a call when Uruguay made that handball unintentional or not,we attacked alot,but whats the point if no goals come out of it...honestly, I don't know whats going on through my head right now lol I'm ********ing going paranoid with this shit,I was at some fams house yesterday,and everything went silent after that game....its soo sad,because we had ateam with alot of potential that could have collieded with other teams and played great in the world cup but now we''l never know

7. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    You sir, are a troll. The worst kind of troll, the one who celebrates mediocrity, inconsistencies and an unfinished story. Honestly, you shouldn't really run into another forum spreading BS and expect to be handed roses upon your "glorious" entrance. WTF are you even talking about that is of substance. Bring up something to add to a civil discourse or else leave.
    You've made it to less World Cup appearances than Ecuador has in the last 15 years, but nobody is bringing up that point. You couldn't even make it past Australia for the last World Cup....losing on penalties!!! Nobody brings up how shameful that was to our continent's federation, everyone cringed at that one, including me!! OUCH. If Jerarquia is tied to recent results, our teams are dead even.
    Now before you jump my balls and bring up history, lets not discredit your two wins in the World Cup, and the Copa America wins...at least there your name is etched in history but the fact of the matter is that now we live in 2009, and your previous glory is a thing of the past, simply things to look back on. Your team has been as inconsistent as ours have so you really shouldn't be talking out of your ass knowing that a draw next game will put you in the same position you were 4 years ago and with a desperate Argentina that wants to finally shrug off all the bad press, or worse, you could tie and fall to 6th if Ecuador wins. You're treading as dangerous waters as Ecuador and Argentina which is why people here aren't really getting ahead of themselves.
    As for yesterday's match, the ref was bad for both sides...that was pretty obvious.

8. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    urunegro is right tho, there is noone to blame but ourselves for that disaster of a game, if benitz hadn't been an idiot and scored that wide open goal in the 1st half, we would be getting our tickets for south africa.

9. urunegro71

urunegro71 Member

Aug 15, 2003
    Newark New Jersey
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    its all good i understand

10. urunegro71

urunegro71 Member

Aug 15, 2003
    Newark New Jersey
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    wow wow .. listen i dont really care about history right now ... youre right, i think as a uruguayan we became too comfortable with things that we were in the past... and i really wasnt trying to go into your forum to spread bs just trying to argue what some people say ... that is what this forum is for... you gotta chill with the name calling, thats another thing calling me a troll im hurt and offended.. lol ...and i agree we are in 2009 so dont bring up the past whether it be good or bad what matters now is this wednesday may the best teams make it to the world cup.....and this is for the rest of the people on this forum read what ldu4ever just wrote and you tell me who is brining up history...

11. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You have the coolest avatar. My dad is German and my mother is Ecuadorian so I just love that combo of the German/Ecua flag.

Hope you feel better.

12. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ok...great. Point taken. Now you may leave and go post on the Argie forum since you have a game coming up and Maradona is now talking about miracles, you guys better watch out.

Thanks for posting here and we'll see you next year.

Adios.

Well, I did not see the game. Unfortunatly I had the times messed up and had an engament I could not get out of. I had a few people taxting me and honestly - i am glad i did notr watch it.

A win v Chile is a must. If we do not win, we are out and Uruguay and Argentina will go through...though there is the opportunity of venezuela coming off with a positive result in brazil but unlikely.

13. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    La amarilla de Noboa es discutible, pero la de Valencia es inconcebible, ¿que hizo Valencia para que le saquen la amarilla? no cabe duda q esto fue fraguado, causa asco la actitud con la que se maneja el futbol, si ya tienen decidido quienes vallan al mundial, digalon y no jueguen con los sentimientos de los pueblos

pienso que se deberia llamar a Joffre Guerron de emergencia.

14. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Joffre Guerron isn't going to do much at all...wouldn't serve us much. If we had Tenorio, this would be a different story. Not that he's the savior or anything, but our attack could actually be considered a bit threatening.

Guerron has the ability to get as much done as Benitez or less...I say we risk putting Zura up front and pair him with Montero...or even Lara. But what's done is done right now...we're basically eliminated, i'm realistic with this stuff.

15. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Thoughts on the game and in general:

1. It's amazing how many points we have lost during injury time (90+). 2 to PAR, 2 to ARG and 1 yesterday. 5 points that would have us already in South Africa.

2. Ecuador received 4 yellow cards yesterday, and I'm not really sure what any of them were for. Uruguay was fouling more and fouling harder.

3. There could have been 3 penalty kicks called for Ecuador. The first one in the first minutes of the game when Mendez was going to shoot and was taken out. That was the clearest call of the game. Then 2 handballs in the 2nd half. The final PK, as well as the one where Hurtado slid against Suarez - there was contact in both plays, but they were also DIVES, because the contact was not enough to make them fall. The one against Mendez made him fall and miss the shot.

4. It's painful to think that with 5 minutes left in both matches, we were in 4th with 24 points, and ARG and URU had 23 and 22 points.

5. Despite the situation now, we're still 6-5-3 under Vizuete. Of course 2 of those losses have been in the last 3 matches. I think unless we get destroyed against Chile, we should give him another chance for 2014, because the odds were stacked against him from the start and he's gotten us about as close as you can get.

6. I am not convinced the Uruguayan player would have scored if he had continued instead of diving when Elizaga touched him. He was going very fast, he was going away from the goal towards the end line, and we had 2 guys coming back to cover the goal. I think Elizaga blew it unnecessarily, just like he did against Tevez. He didn't have to foul, he should have kept his cool and continued the play.

7. Speaking of penalty kicks, here's a thought - how come in 17 matches, we've had ONE fu@@cking PK called in our favor??? I can only remember one, against Bolivia. I'd like to see stats for the other teams, and see why opponents are so statistically nice to us in their penalty area.

8. So - now that almost none of our NT players is domestic-based...does it still make sense to play in Quito??? I would argue that it has backfired against us this time around, because the opponents' younger forwards are less tired than our older defenders, and as a result it seems most of the goals against us in Quito have been in the 2nd half. Even worse, you can see our guys' shooting accuracy isn't very good, how many good outside shots did we have yesterday, except for one shot by Castillo everything else was blocked or wasn't even close. I think it's a debate that's worth revisiting.

That's it for now.

16. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    All I can say is guys these eliminatorias have been a living hell for us Ecuadorians,there have been more disappointments than actual happiness for us,and what's done is done,I just leave everything in God's hands right now,if he wants us to qualfiy we will,if not,than we won't,but honestly,I 'm pretty disappointed with la selccion because if we hadn't procrastinated to the very end and pitched up some points in Quito against colombia and venezuela we wouldn't be in this situation relying on other results as well as trying to gain points from teams we normally do bad against,but anything is possible and if Uruguay broke our 2year undefeated streak in Quito once again these qualfiers,I guess we could break the ice and defeat Chile in Santiago for the first time. The last two occasions we were already qualfied while Chile was already eliminated basically,in 2002,we played one of the weakest Chilean teams in their history who were in dead last,while in '06 we played an unmotivated Chile that had already given up hope in 7th place....but this time around Chile is looking strong,and I just hope that if we don't win we don't get a goleada like Colombia has these eliminaotrias,at least then we can leave with dignity,but I just hope for a win as hard as it may seem right now

17. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    the penalty kicks thing is true though, refs didn't make clear calls for us when they were necessary,but for giants like Brazil,Argentina,and Uruguay they got more penatly calls even when they were unecessary

18. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Vizuete's job was to turn the tables around and qualify for the World Cup. If we fail in that endeavor, we must hire a new coach, plain and simple. No second chance for the dude that had all the chances in the world (which we did) to classify directly in 4th place. Now we're really in a quagmire, in 6th place staring elimination in the eyes with 1 game left away from home. Edgardo Bauza should get a shot as the NT coach.
    My roommate told me that the Federacion made 5 million bucks in straight profits from the national team matches THIS YEAR! Use that money to get a coach that can really shake things up for the positive. If it's not Bauza, someone else that has a great track record.

19. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Bauza is the MAN!! Not surprised of the 5 mil in profits...and Chiriboga is obviously having fun with that money this time b/c seriously....how much do you think Vizuete makes?? LMAO big joke.

20. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This is an incredible trivia fact. I had no idea.

I did not see the match so I will refrain from any comment.

same as above

I was recieving the updates via my cell and there was a moment that I was actually happy and confident and then it was just taken away from me in one sweeping "swoosh"... :mad:

I don't know. Ecuador might need to take it up a notch. I would not mind him staying on but I am certainly open to suggestions as well.

No comment

I don't want to get into conspiraciy theories by any means but again, an interesting fact. Maybe we need to send the Ecua players to the Portuguese School of Diving.

This last one kinda made me think...hmmm. Is the whole altura thing mental or physical? I have benn to Quito many times and I certainly have felt it. However, if this advantage is pyscological, I would continue using Quito as a venue.

21. cristian1mv

cristian1mv Member

Jul 6, 2005
    loser he dived becuse the ball was going to fast for him our golie slowed down you player he let the ball roll ... if no penalty and he chose not to dive he would have not scored ........... idk but i think we have a right to be one sided in our fourm and for the record if you come here to preach being neutral and all this crap do it yourself first .....

22. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    anyone have highlights of the penner?

23. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    It's interesting because salaries have never been officially posted by the federacion or any regulating organization. I think a serious audit needs to be done to account for all of that money. Vizuete's salary is probably 350k per year...at most maybe half a million. Chiriboga is a damn snake. Like I said with Barcelona, a full shakedown needs to be taken of the federacion this time because dudes like Chiriboga don't really do much with the money that we bring in. I haven't heard of investment projects, or even just floating that money on the markets to yield returns in the future. Over the span of this Qualifiers, the Federacion has likely made $15 million in the form of ticket sales, endorsements, TV rights, branding, and merchandise sales. Of that, I'd say 5 million overall has paid for trips, players wages, etc. If even $10 million is left over, how much is the federacion skimming off the top?!?! It's reported that Guus Hiddink makes like 2.5 million bucks over in Russia.

24. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think its time to use the intense heat of Guayaquil coupled with the intense hinchas in Guayaquil... in the colossal that is the Monumental.. to inspire fear in the other team.. having close 90,000 hinchas breathing down their necks in the heat ( remember it is a pure futbol stadium not a track/multi purpose stadium and the hinchas will be close to the field)... I could easily see this being menacing to any team.

This could be our rebirth. Quito has been deciphered... and teams finally understand that altura is not such a big advantage... besides out very team plays outside for the majority and the altura affects them equally.

25. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My money is on Hiddink goping to Liverpool after the next WC after Rafa Benitez once again fails to get Pool any silverware during the 09-10 season.