Ecuador vs. Mexico friendly, L.A. Coliseum

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by Ecuatrojan, Feb 16, 2015.

1. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Also, was it right to let "his boy" Miller play all game and kick the penalty specially when the Team Captain is playing his 100th game

javer and GPisco repped this.
  2. rich loc

rich loc Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ecuador could have had a draw, If their players didn't pass teh ball to Corona's hands.

3. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    No definition skills

4. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I knew Miller would miss that PK and I have never seen Caicedo ever miss one.

5. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Absolutely, I swear my entire household knew Miller was gonna miss it lol

GPisco and javer repped this.
  6. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    guerron would have been a solid and exciting player to have in Valencia position even if its temporary having him on our squad would worth it and Cazares really should have been part of the squad he would have been a nice player to come of the bench

7. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I watch Guerron week in week out and you guys are missing out on him.

Guerron y Valencia up top would be great for you guys.

barcelonista1981 repped this.
  8. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Sad to say,but I had a feeling he would miss.I wanted Caicedo to take the shot.bad call for quintero

9. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    All Mexico and Ecuador can see it, except Chiriboga and now Quinteros.

10. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Well im out $100. To be honest we should've been up 2 goals early. I dont know why Montero was taken out i hope this has nothing to do with with his team mates. The misplaced placed passes and those first touches killed us. I dont know if i saw this correctly but did Valencia switch with Paredes. Anyways i think this all came down to a serious lack of concentration, If i had a dollar for every time we decided to shoot or misplace the pass instead of correctly passing it to the free man with zero defenders on him in the box i wouldn't be out $100. I also felt like the players weren't comfortable with the 4-4-2 which is strange. Anyways i decided to make some ratings.

Dominguez: 10/10 Even with a goal being scored i can't blame him it was un verdadedo golaso, He performed so well i considered naming my kid after him, but i settled for a tattoo on my heart
    Paredes: 6/10 He seemed a bit rusty i was expecting much more
    Mina: 5/10 Stay in your position comes out to much
    Erazo 7/10 Decent average performance
    Ayovi: 5/10 I think the day we worried most is here we can't rely on him his age (35) is showing
    Montero: 7.5/10 Didn't see much of him but he was good
    Lastra: 4.5/10 To slow, didn't see much of him
    Noboa: 6.5/10 meh so so
    Valencia: 6/10 was expecting much more from him
    Bolanos: 4.5/10 flopped tbh he very well couldve scored those chances
    Caicedo: 5.5/10 selfish selfish selfish, 3 times he decided to take the shot when there was a man open to his left
    Mena: 5/10 didn't like what i was seeing with him
    Rojas: N/A can't say much
    Martinez: N/A can't say much

11. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I love Guerron.

He fights for every ball and has so much power going forward and even tracks back at times, hes a hell of a finisher to boot.

12. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    He did against Chile but he still put it in. Which is why he should've taken it.

exactly was happened in my house

13. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I liked Mena,showed some interesting stuff,but for nt level,you need to be pepa.Valencia should teach him his work out regimen

14. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    #64 barcelonista1981, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
    Ok, so after a couple of beers to cool off this is how I saw each player on the pitch.

Dominguez: 10/10 Partidazo, absolute 0 fault in the goal, saved us twice and came out right each corner kick. Best player on the field for us.

Paredez: 5/10 Ran his heart off, covered decently but no agression in his defensive game, I swear he sometimes just stands there facing the opponent waiting for him to make a play, also some very bad decisions offensively.

Mina 3/10 sloooooooooowww, slightly overweight, showed being nervous and could have left us with 10 players after his foul on the Brasilian guy from Mexico, foul that came because of his slowness.

Erazo: 6/10 Not a bad game, I give him some responsibility on that goal, dude, kick that $h1t out!!! anticipated a lot of passes and covered Chicharito very well, yet he seemed nervous at times, whoever thinks this guy can be captain are just wrong.

Walter 8/10 I thought he was our best offensive player tbh, covered That Dos Santos guy very very very well.

Antonio Valencia : 6/10 2 crosses in 90 minutes and 0 shots at goal, why is he our winger again? he hasnt played winger in Man U over a year now, however showed some accuracy and pressured their midfield, it's so clear that he is a defensive minded player now, cant Quinteros see it?

Lastra 6/10 I actually think Castillo at this point in his career is faster than Lastra lol, even the ESPN guys were saying how he is just not a smooth, fast player that everything he did looked like a struggle, yet I dont remember him making too many mistakes, a few bad passes but nothing major.

Noboa 7/10 I am sure he was the one player who intercepted most passes, a few bad passes and very little contribution to our attack his shot is gone, I dont know, I expect more from him,

Montero 7/10 Am I the only guy who thought he was playing good? when I saw Mena coming in I thought either Caicedo was leaving or Paredez and Valencia would play right defender, he missed a great great opportunity to score.

Caicedo 5/10 Man, I always stick up for him because I believe he is a player unique for us, we dont have another big strng yet very talented with the ball, yet he let me down today, a couple of good passes, but some very selfish decisions, 0 chemistry with Bolanos.

Miller 4/10 prbaly my biggest problem today, not offensive enough, too much time on the floor, missed 2 great chances and how conceited are you to ask to kick the penalty kick? This isnt Mushuc Runa, you have a great keeper who already beat you on a one and one yet you kick a penalty kick mid air close to the middle?

Mena 2/10 Worst player on the game today, there was a remate que pego and it literally almost hit the corner flag lol, either too late or too early on the play, If there was any other coach in our National Team Mena would not be called.

Quinteros 0/10 Basically this was a Rueda game without Castillo or Enner, it's a friendly and you make 3 substitutions? 2 of them in the last 15 minutes? did Miller really cnvince you to let him play 90 minutes? can he still say that we have better players than Guerron in his position?

GPisco and javer repped this.
  15. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Question was i the only that was thinking how would Vizuete have done if he was still NT coach??

javer repped this.
  16. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'd give Erazo a 3 since it was his fault for the goal.

17. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    we played well with out monetro and valencia, an out of form erazo, a young in experienced canga who wasnt getting playing time, and a few new young an in experienced faces even with rueda when we faced panama, jamaica ect we relaid on valencia and montero to come out with goliadas not this time 2 goliadas a rough but not embarrassing draw to usa and i would say a humble lost to brazil and then there is of course what he did with us in the qualifiers

18. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    #68 javer, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
    i forgot what was erazo doing before that happened but it wasnt all his fault i think some one gave him a bad pass back but mina left his spot wide open lastra was to slow and paredes couldnt close off chucharito

19. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    he has to work a lot on his team work even in espanol the coach said he didnt like playing certain forwards with him cause of the chemistry they had together

20. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'd say we played better today than we did against Brasil and US

mac-0n3 repped this.
  21. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Dominguez 10 . No chance on that goes . Anticipated and reacted well to deny Mexico opportunities .

Paredes 6. Too many lazy passes and wasteful dribbles . Defended well tho .

Mina 7. I actually thought he did fine . Was the most active cb . His positioning needs to be better sure to his lack of speed. He put in some nice tackles. Needs to be a better passer too .

Erazo 5.5 . I have a feeling that every time be touches the ball he calls himself elegante and tries to be too pretty and soft. That's why he messed up and chicharito had his chance .

Walter 8 . Was the beast getting up and down the field .

Lastra 2. This guy is terrible holy . He is just as much blame on the goal as erazo . Instead of putting his body to chicharito he evades him ... put the damn tackle on . Horrible passing and always looked lost and clumsy.

Noboa7. Thought he did well recovering the ball and passing it out. Didn't offer anything going forward tho .... probably because he didn't trust lastra..

Jeff 6. Wasn't too involved ... did well when he was . Subbed early ... looked pissed .

Mena6. Meh ... somce good moments won is the pen . Wouldn't mind him coming off the bench .

Miller 5. Missed missed and missed .... but he showed great energy and I see him improving .

Felipao 3. Selfish , slow , and selfish .could have sent Valencia in alone.. but didn't

Valencia 5 . Sigh .

Rojas .....yea , no thanks .

Quinteros .... we did play ok . No end product would have liked to see his preferred formation .

22. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Valencia is 100% a right back. He cannot be our winger anymore. The good thing for him is that Paredes SUCKED today! I'm sorry but he did. He was extremely inaccurate with his passing. Valencia is tough and doesn't make mistakes or leaves holes in his coverage. We need a winger now to play with him.

If I was the coach I'd seriously make Valencia teach all the players his gym regiment. One thing is for sure, Valencia owns one vs one. No one out muscles him, even when they are bigger than him. Dude fights for ever ball in the air and wins most of the time as well against taller players. Valencia's body honestly is in top shape. He needs to pass down his secrets to the others from Ecuador.
    You can tell the body shape from Ecuadorians that play in Ecuador vs. others that play in Europe. Just look at Montero too. Dude is buff as ******** and owns one vs one. He doesn't get pushed around no matter how much bigger the defenders are. It's just work ethic. Valencia and Montero want to be the best and it shows because they must work out like crazy in the gym.
    Players that play in Ecuador get pushed around like dolls! Mena falls to the ground as soon as he is touched. Just insane. Weak as hell.
    Ecuadorians technically are getting up there but they need to start getting more physical now. They need some Nike/Addidas professional trainers to show them how to lift and when. If they want to be the best and compete internationally, they need to start bulking up. Can't be pushed around like that anymore. Seriously.

barcelonista1981 repped this.
  23. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Our best players recently...Valencia, Ivan Hurtado, Segundo Castillo, Walter Ayovi.....what do they have in common? top physical shape

Luigi408 repped this.
  24. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yes! Why? Because they actually train like professionals in other countries. If they want to compete with European teams they need to start training like one. The talent is there in Ecuador! The next step is training to get the best out of the players. The teams and trainers that they hire need to know this. For Ecuador and its players to make the next big jump they need better trainers. This should be a huge topic and brought to attention of the teams and FEF.

25. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    had great seats at apx. the 40 yard line, row 25

Walter Ayovi 8 precision passing, good defending, good all around player today
    Dominguez 8 good goal tending
    A. Valencia 7 good defending, good low crosses on offense..
    Paredes 7 Speed demon on offense, decent defending, winning balls in the air
    Miller 6 runs fast and paces himself .. just needs to score... today wasn't his day (1 pt off for missing penalty)
    Montero 5 great speed, but needs to pass the damn ball at the right time or just pass the ball to an open man
    Caicedo 5 great ball handling and skills, needs to be consistent throughout the game. he didn't impress today
    Noboa 5 good first half, ran out of gas in the second half
    Lastra 4.5 wins balls in the air, needs to get acclimated with the tri...
    Erazo 4 got beat today by Chicharito.... played decent defense afterwards
    Mina 4 decent speed, good in the air... better than having Guagua in there

Mena: N/A needs to get acclimated with the tri
    Rojas: N/A he did not show his true potential
    Martinez: N/A he wasn't a game changer

Alba Galindo: 10
    my highlight of today's game:
    meeting one of the Senadoras de la Republica Deportiva
    [​IMG]