Ecuador vs. Honduras (r)

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by betto, Sep 12, 2007.

1. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    the games vs. Argentina and Colombia are always what I've considered the first REAL tough matches in the qualifier because it is hard to get 3 points. anything more than that is a miracle. The game vs. Colombia is the game that always frustrates me the most b/c I've never seen us dominate them. We are too predictable to them. I hope we can pull off the same sh*t we did in Buenos Aires last time but it's tough. But 3 out of 6 points in the next two matches is huge for us.

2. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    We always play Argentina tough because they always expect to beat us. I think that is still the case, and the pressure will be on them to perform. That gives us the advantage. I don't expect to win, but I think we will be tough to break down, and I can see a 0-0 result, which would be good for us.

Colombia worries me because we need points at home, and we always have trouble breaking them down. But now they have some dangerous forwards and they looked very good last night under Pekerman. Right now, they look to be one of the favorites to qualify.

These are going to be two of our toughest matches for the whole qualifying process, so I don't think we need to panic if we get less than 3 points. But if we do get 3 points, we should be in very good shape.

3. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Colombia can't be considered a favorite yet IMO. They lost 5 points at home already even though they got a win away @ La Paz. They got 4 points playing 2 home games and one away (the away game was against the weakest team in the CONMEBOL). Remember our last qualifier we didn't qualify simply b/c we screwed up in the first three games of the Qualifier. Although Colombia has 4 points out of the first 3 games, they missed out on a chunk of points that could bite them in the ass when we approach the end of the Qualifier.

By the way they're playing, they are a team to fear though (especially for us). If they step it up now and manage to get straight wins at home and a few away, then we'll have to get worried. But as of right now, i think we're in better shape than them (as far as results go). They are used to always getting the tie in Quito. Hopefully this time we put an end to that and get 3 points out of that game. Last time Chucho Bolanos, Carlos Tenorio, and Benitez failed shots miserably in that game.

4. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    he got injured during his first week or so there. I think he should be back this weekend or next. But it's not a surprise. The kid's awesome but he's injury prone.

5. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Well this was pretty much what I expected.. Montero and Roja's are in form and great at taking on defenders, if only they could finish or shoot we'd be set in the midfield.

I didn't know we played Argentina and Colombia next I fear we won't be ready for these games with just this "chimbo" friendly to prepare. It's a shame the FEF didn't schedule a better friendly preferably away to a European or African team like the rest of the Conmebol... Colombia they have some great players and with Pekerman as coach to me is the 3rd best team right now in Conmebol. These 2 games will be a good test but if we don't get the results we want I hope it doesn't kill of our hopes to qualify because to me these are 2 of the top 3 teams.

6. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    en las mismas esta colombia

y otras 4 selecciones de conmebol
    pere Peru ya tiene 2 juegos vs chile (home - away) y dos en proceso de contrato
    paraguay ya esta programado.... no es raro que muchos no tengan amistosos en mente, aunque parescan necesarios. Despues sale cualquier rival de medio pelo, y las criticas se encienden!!

bien si pactas amistosos
    peor si lo haces con cualquiera.

7. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Maybe it's just me, but looking back in many ways we're better off having played a team we know we could beat, to give our guys some confidence and practice playing with each other in both attack and defense.

Everybody was talking about Venezuela getting a friendly with Spain. They got spanked 5-0. They barely touched the ball, just ran around chasing shadows. I fail to see how a game like that is better preparation.

8. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Coming into this game, Honduras and Ecuador were tied in Victories. I don't see how you........ "Know you can beat them" comes into play. Doesn't Honduras have more players in the Prem league than Ecuador?

Only Venezuela will know. Ecuador has been spanked by the Catalunya National Team before, I don't want to know what Spain will do with them. But Confidence is key. As long as I remember, Germany always play Liechtenstein before a Major Tourney. never fail, That scoreline is always high.

9. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What does more players in the Prem league have to do with anything?

10. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I said we know we "can" beat them, not know we "will" beat them. Nobody ever said they are a bad team.

;)

11. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I was in Estadio Capwell when Ecuador beat 2-0 to Honduras. It was an entertaining game. I enjoyed the first goal of J Ayovi. Unbelievable! I was sitting in Palco. I had fun. The fans were not reacting the same way as if it were Emelec but it was ok.