Ecuador vs. Honduras (r)

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by betto, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Lol it just started. The score is 1-0. By the way Defense still weak sauce, a better FW would have score that after emberrasing Erazo (freaking slow).

2. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Yeah, I'm watching the game ... i thought mac new something i didn't, lol

3. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ooo i do :cool: jaja just my prediction. Just need chucho to put in 3 :D

4. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yea he got caught slipping. No worries tho hes solid.

5. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Ahhh, okay! Chucho looks like he has nitrus in his legs :D

6. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Rojas and Montero are really impressing today. Both offer a lot going forward, very unpredictable and are causing Honduras trouble. I wouldn't be against pushing Valencia down to RB and have those guys running the wings in future matches

7. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah Chucho is on fire right now, along with Montero and Rojas. They just need to finish better. Really enjoying watching them play together.

8. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
  9. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Man Ecuador is playing freaking great! What a game!

10. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Great game by Ecuador! Montero, Rojas, Ayovi, and Dominguez were the best of the game.

Ecuador has to improve that defense A LOT! If they don't they will get owned by Argentina! I think we can score against Argentina but if the defense gives up clear chances to Honduras I cannot imagine what Messi and Argetina will do to us. Still I think it was a great game by Ecuador.

11. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    ^ i think that was his prediciton.

Not that much of an interesting game. I liked what I saw from Montero and Jaime Ayovi a lot. Great game from both of them. Achilier was good too. Rojas had a good first half and lost himself after that.

Quiroz and Castillo were the weak links. Besides that one good pass Quiroz had to Rojas in the first half when we scored, he was inconsistent (the usual Quiroz). Castillo was just lazy. This NT needs Gaibor and Noboa or M.Bolanos and Noboa playing together in the middle.

Diego Calderon did ok defensively but he screws up when he has to push up to attack (b/c he's not used to it). He can't play as a left back in a defensive line of 4. That actually makes him look even worse. But I know Rueda purposely played Achilier and D.Calderon in this game b/c it's how we are going to play vs. argentina. With an extremely defensive left and right back and probably Walter Ayovi in the middle like he played today. Achilier is definitely starting vs. Argentina. And Montero looks like he could have high possibilities to start. IMO Rueda was looking for a player that could carry the ball up the field really well in a counter attack individiually and collectively and Montero filled those expectations really well from what I saw.

One other thing, I liked what i saw from Dominguez. He got rid of that nervousness that he used to have when playing for the NT. The first time he ever played it was evident. This is his second game playing and he just seems a lot more confident in himself. This battle for the starting spot between him and Banguera is gonna get intense now.

12. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I thought Quiroz played very well. I agree with Castillo though. He need to be replaced ASAP. I think Quiroz should play in Castillos' place next to Naboa. Gaibor should be Naboa's replacement when he is tired or not producing.

Ecuador needs a MAYOR upgrade to RB and LB though. Who would you guys put there?

13. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I thought Walter Ayovi did great in the midfield. A good option to kill a game.

14. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I didn't watch the game but I wouldn't get too excited since we beat Honduras.

15. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I'm worried about Colombia. They are obviously serious by contracting Pekerman. And they just ate Mexico for breakfast.

16. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    No kidding. I saw the Mexico vs. Colombia game and Colombia just raped Mexico the whole game. I didn't know Colombia was that good.

17. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That was a total rape fest. Pekerman only had two days to work with Colombia. So Rueda thinks that Honduras plays just like Colombia? That jackass is embarrassing.

18. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Yeah my brother in law kept telling me how good Colombia was playing... either way i still believe we need to play at least one more friendly before June , i would like to play against a ivory coast, ghana, zambia ... or maybe turkey, portugal ...

19. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I don't think we will play anymore just off what the federacion has said. Regardless, None of those teams will prepare us for what we'll see against Colombia or Argentina. At this point it's just about finding the right pieces to get points.

20. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Okay, so honduras is gonna prepare us for Colombia and Argentina ...

21. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Dang I really hope we can get at least a game or two before Argentina. Anyone at this point is fine by me.

22. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Playing only one friendly before June is not the way you prepare for eliminatorias !!! Playing against Honduras 3 months before, is not going to have us ready... especially with Colombia playing a couple of friendlies before June (if im not mistaken ) a friendly in may would be the right thing to do!

23. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Well, what do you want me to say...

THE NEXT INTERNATIONAL MATCH DAY IS WHEN WE PLAY ELIMINATORIAS.

It's a moot point. There is no other time. Do you think any of the big clubs will cede players for a non-FIFA-sanctioned match day? They begrudgingly accept call-ups for international days.

24. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    LDU4ever is right. The FEF said it's gonna be extremely tough to get ecuador to play a game in May even though they'll try to. This game was it. And the defensive line will be identical if not extremely similar to what you all saw vs. Honduras. Excluding Jorge Guagua of course. Either Morante or Campos will start with Erazo. Achilier is the starter for away games, it's the way Rueda like to play. Achilier won't collaborate much attacking but at least he'll be able to concentrate on defending well. When Morante, Erazo, Achilier, and W.Ayovi played away vs. Paraguay there were no issues. The goals came from a corner and an in direct freekick where Valencia screwed up big time. The big question here is will Walter Ayovi play as a left back or midfielder? I'm worried Rueda plays Diego Calderon as a left back. Please dont!! And with Walter not getting much playing time in Monterrey, anything can happen. Rueda seems strict as to starting players who don't get the full 90 minutes (or close to that) in their club teams.

A line up like this would be the best i could think of right now: 4-5-1 that can turn into a 4-3-3 when we attack. with Montero, J.Ayovi, and Valencia as the trio.

Dominguez/Banguera; Achilier, Morante, Erazo, W.Ayovi; Valencia, Noboa, ____, Mendez, Montero; J. Ayovi

I would place Castillo in that blank spot if he gets his act right and stops being slow and lazy. Argentina is gonna play fast. Perfect game for Fernando Gaibor. It's tough to say if Mendez will start either. Hopefully Fernando Hidalgo can break into the NT and prove that he can cut down on the fouling/cards. That's the main reason him and Pedro Quinonez never make it to the NT.

25. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Has Morante even played a game in Chile yet? 2 Million Bucks and that kid is always hurt. U de Chile must be pissed. Montero is exciting but its fustrating watching that kid play. My God, Did anyone see that first chance he had on Goal? That was pathetic. Castillo has always been slow and lazy and that's the reason he didn't last long in the Prem league. Watching ECuador play. It hard to see 3 points out of 6 but you never know in futbol.