Ecuador vs France

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Guayaquileño, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so yea .. what do you think we need to beat France??? what lineups do you think should play that day .

France made England look like a bunch of veterans in the friendly !!! They were in total control of the whole match ! They are a team to be feared right now.

We have a very tough world class opponent in May.

2. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I like our odds..we can definitely surprise them.

We'll need very solid forwards and a tough midfield. Our defense has to be tight and needs to watch out for filtered balls in and their speed. We can't miss our chances on goal, this will be a fantastic game for us though! with the team from yesterday plus liga players, we'll be sick!!

3. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Well, we are still 2 months away from this game however, I don't expect our line up to change that much, I think Elizaga will be our top choice unless Banguera has one hell of an apertura or Aragon gets called again, I do expect Ambrossi to start with Omar de Jesus, but our central defenders I really would like to see Perlaza step up and take Ivan's spot, La sombra is still good unless Guagua really steps it up in Barcelona these coming games, our middle field will remain intact unless Mendez comes back, for some reason I think Vizuete really likes Walter Ayovi and Quiroz, Castillo and Valencia will definetly be there, and our 2 forwards I think they should be Benites and Caicedo, of course I might be wrong but this sounds pretty logic, Joffre Guerron has really evolved into an awesome player but Valencia and him are kinda the same position as LSM.But guys I think this is going to be a really hard game but about time we start playing with the big boys, Its a fine test before playing Argentina and Colombia.

4. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    i think we need to test out benitez with felix borja or felipe caicedo... speed w/ strength sounds good..

5. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I dont care if we win or lose by 100 goals, the experience we get from a team like France is invaluable for us....if we can learn from that game, we will do well in WCQ

6. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    Pronostico reservado,,,I need to see the call up first and foremost.
    Someone said Guagua,,well I don't see the man being called for the NT for a good minute and Perlaza won't do.Para eso mi quedo con el "Cabo" Castro and I dare to say that Fransisco Gomes Portocarrero needs to get a chance en la zaga de la Tri.The man esta jugando harta pelotas!;)

7. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    I agree, except for Guerron comment. I do not seem them anything alike except for the fact that they are both elite players and very very fast.

Although I don't seem him as a good striker, Guerron that is, He is a Master, I mean a Master of breaking through the opponent's defense while delivering excellent crosses.
    I am curious to see what a 3-3-4 line-up will be like. Bolanos, F Caicedo and Guerron on front. In any case, I would love to see Guerron in the squad. Strike while the iron is hot.

I'm sorry guys, Espinoza made a great save but he was very shady. He always has been that way. Either he was really good or really bad. Espinoza did not have a good game. Vizuete was up his ass constantly throughout the game. When He plays for LDU, he leaves wide gaps. LDU's last game proved that. Their defense was not "Ecuadorian", it was Super Ecuadorian. I didn't get those butterflies in mys stomach as I do when Espinoza plays.

What you guys think about this?

8. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't think we watched the same game. I thought France were rather solid but not at all impressive.

England were the team that looked a little lost due to Capello's style still being a "new" to them.

Wierd game...

I would play Borja and Caicedo v. France. Both play in Europe and might have a better idea as to how to get passed/score against the defender's of France' calibre. I'm not putting down the Mexican league, but this is a whole other level!! Besides, it would be good to see what comes out of it. If it's not working, Benitez can always come in during the last 30-25 minutes of the game.

Valencia and Castillo willl have their hands full playing up and backtracking to help with defence.

For the goalie, I'd give Aragon a shot. He's about to become champion with Standard in the Belgian league and he has had a lot to do with that being the starting goalie.

9. preyes10

preyes10 New Member

Sep 17, 2007
    ny
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think this game can show us what type of player Benitez is...I'm interested in watching how he does against a quality European defense(for a change)
    I have never liked Borja he is not a nt player

10. cristian1mv

cristian1mv Member

Jul 6, 2005
  11. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    lol....all scorpion kicks aside, he should get another shot on the NT....he has been in wonderful form in Belgium with Standard...

12. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
  13. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    In my opinion, between Elizaga,Banguera,Klimowicz,Aragon there ain't that much difference usually Elizaga guets a little more respect because he is captain of his team and all but either of these guys' performance will be similar to the other they are not as good as Cevallos[who is having an awesome year] back in the days or Moras' prime days, but they are infinetly better than Ibarra and Viteri.

14. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think Elizaga or Aragon should get the nod for starter...

as for our strikers, I'd like to see Caicedo and Tenorio, they're the same pair that did incredibly well against the USA and Mexico before getting subbed out by dumb Suarez...I just see these guys clicking well together, I dunno....

As for defense.... ????

15. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    I like them together as well but Tenorio doesn't not look the same as he use too. I'm kinda feeling Guerron and Bolanos.

16. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What time time do they play tomorrow? Any Links or do they play on TV, ecuavisa or GolTV?

17. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'm wondering the exact same thing....

18. ecua_toriano

ecua_toriano Member

May 18, 2006
    QUITO, ECUADOR
    Club:
    Deportivo Quito
  19. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Anyone going to be around during the game? It starts in 10 minutes. Unfortunatly I am at work but will try to find a stream to follow along best I can!

20. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So far 1-0 for France in the 50+ minute. It was a goalazo. Can't see the game for more than a few minutes at a time so I can't comment much other than France seems to be dominating the 2nd half.

21. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well...it ended 2-0. WTF, did the coach just make one sub!!

22. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Carlos Tenorio had a great first half
    Valencia ran his ass off
    Castillo played well, but could have had some better shots
    Ayovi was pretty good
    Elizaga=paquetazo on that second goal, he wasn't ready....

Borja proves once again how useless he can be for the NT, he was invisible on the field, Caicedo would have been a much better option IMO, also, why wasn't Lara put in the game? Quiroz should not have been taken off, many of our problems started after he left. Ecuador played a very organized first half, to our credit we held it 0-0 for 58 minutes and had a few key chances that were shirked in the first half. I think Vizuete would have done good to make some subs the way Domenech did...2-0 with a semi-improvisational squad isn't too bad. If liga players were in the mix, I feel it would have been a much more just outcome

23. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    I think Ecuador played well... They just blew a lot
    of good opportunities at goal

Highlights
    Carlos Tenorio had the best chance to score
    FFwd to 29:35
    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/443692

24. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    From what I saw Ecuador played very well. The two goals by Gomis were superb, he had an inspired night.

Given the circumstances that France was playing at home with their full squad and we had at least 4 or 5 regular starters not available, this performance was not bad. The team looked lively, organized, disciplined, and dangerous at times. Carlos Tenorio was unlucky to have the ball touched away by a defender after dribbling the keeper in the 1st half.

I liked that when France scored the first goal, Vizuete put in another striker. It signals that he wanted the tie and wasn't satisfied with a 1-0 loss.

All in all, Ecuador was a solid opponent and France had a difficult time breaking them down. The difference between the teams was that France had a striker that was on fire.

25. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY
    was this France's starting team? I read in goal.com that these were the