Ecuador vs Canada_June 1st_BMO Field_Toronto, ON

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by t.o_sabio, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Ecuador4life

Ecuador4life Member

Feb 14, 2006
    Sunnyvale,CA
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    any have any links for the game? or 25 bucks i can have? :)

2. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Been watching the game and Canada is owning Saritama. Dude freaking sucks.

3. gymclasshero

gymclasshero Member

Aug 25, 2008
    KCMO
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    http://t.co/Oxrs7jI

justin.tv/tvecuador9

4. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Canada 1 Ecuador 0... I hate Rueda! Saritama's fault again!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

5. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  6. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ecuador is lucky its not 3-0 by now. Freaking lucky. RUEDA GET THE F*** OUT!

7. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  8. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    OMG Another GOLAZO by Arroyo!!!! 2-1.

9. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Rueda for President!!! :rolleyes:

10. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Hell no... This is Canada we are playing not Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, or Paraguay. We are going to get killed in Copa America with the idiot Rueda. Hope he goes away and takes Saritama with him.

11. Jefe Esco

Jefe Esco Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    arroyo has a cannon for a leg

wow that goal was amazing, disappointing overall so far so many missed chances + our play in the 1st half, it's gotten better but this is canada, we shouldn't be playing to their level

12. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Arroy Is a MONSTER!

13. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Mendez creating great attacking plays. Where is Saritama? no where to be found. Dude is lost in the field.

14. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Saritama is mediocre at best. Don't know why they keep calling him up he isn't getting any better.

15. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    By the way I'm liking the white socks :) I can't wait to see the new jersey/uniform from Ecuador for Copa America.

16. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    OMG how embarrasing for Ecuador. Stupid stupid goal.

17. Jefe Esco

Jefe Esco Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    -_- what a predictable end

my patience with Rueda is running thin

18. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    At least, Ecuador tied. Man this has been a bad week for me.. ********..

19. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The first half was just as terrible as i've seen Ecuador play the majority of their friendlies. Benitez and Ayovi missed a few, but at least Benitez made up for it with that nice header in the second half. Glad to see he's actually present when it comes to scoring for the NT this whole year even if it's against weaker opponents.

Bad things I noticed:

Noboa- WAS LOST. I'll let it go this time b/c I know he just joined the NT like 2 days ago or whatever but his performance was crap.

Saritama- The worst on the field. I liked what I saw from him against Poland and like 2 other games that he had before or after that, but obviously those performances were just out of luck. He's been horrible and hasn't brought any creativity to the table and doesn't help recover for sh*t.

Our decision making in the 1st half reflected how our NT has been since Rueda took charge: SLOW. HUGE difference from 1st half and 2nd half. The Ecuador of the 2nd half was the Best Ecuador I've seen in this past year, and compared to Vizuete's team it still looked rusty. But it was some improvement. There was speed, quicker decision making, and more aggressiveness and spirit on the field. If the team could at least start and pick up from there and work towards being that quick Ecuador that plays beautifully, then we'll at least have something good to say.

2 good things I saw:

Mendez- Awesome. That's the creativity we lacked. He changed the entire game in the second half and there was finally someone who could play with Arroyo-Benitez-and Ayovi. I don't even need to say much. Ecuador in the 2nd half was Edison Mendez.

Fricson Erazo- When La Cuchara would screw up he'd be there to clear the ball. Makes a few amateur mistakes sometimes, but this is his 2nd international experience ever and I'm quite impressed. We gotta continue working with Erazo to help that kid develop into a great player the kids got potential. (to think he almost didn't make the squad b/c he was somewhat injured. almost had the same bad luck as Morante has had)

20. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I just saw the goals. I didn't see the whole game, but I really feel that Arroyo is the most underrated player in the country. First time I saw him play was last year before the WC, in a friendly against Mexico...I didn't even know who he was, but I remember telling damnecuadorian and Cris09 that he was awesome. The guy has it all - dribbling, speed, size and a WICKED shot with both feet. I'll say it now - he is the best player on the team next to Valencia and Mendez. I think now in Copa America and the qualifiers, he will establish himself as one of the best wingers in South America. And I don't want to hear "well why hasn't any European team signed him, then?" If Ecuador hadn't made the WC in 2006, Valencia would still be at El Nacional. If we did qualify in 2010, Arroyo would be in Europe right now.

21. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Arroyo has improved a lot too. Has great passes and doesn't get scared with the ball. Two amazing goals in the last two game. I do believe that he should go to Europe now, hope he shines in Copa America. I just don't think he might want to go cause he misses Ecuador a lot from what I've read.

Mendez was really good in this game and changed the pace of the game once he came in. He and Arroyo were the best players on the pitch.

Benitez was ok and made a really nice goal. As always he makes really nice passes to his teammates for goals.

Ayovi was ok but seems to have improved his footwork. Still very young and has to improve in finishing and creating plays.

Defense was terrible like always, middle field with Saritama and Naboa was really bad as well. 1st goal was Saritama's fault because he left his area to go all the way to the right and left the moddle wide open. He just cannot and should not be in the national team.

Ayovi and Reasgo (sp?) weren't good either. I hope we can find replacements for them. I think Miguel Ibarra should play I'm the NT. He would be a good replacement for Reasgo IMO.

As for Ayovi a honestly don't know who is good enough to replace him but I think he should be replaced soon.

I think this should be the line up 4-4-1-1:

Goalie (not sure yet)

Defense: Miguel Ibarra-Erazo-Arraujo-Ayovi

Middle: Valencia-Naboa-Mendez-Arroyo

Forwards: Benitez-Caicedo

Subs: Guerron and R. Ibarra (for Valencia), Ayovi (Benitez or Arroyo), Montero (Arroyo), Caicedo (defense), Reasgo (sp?), Gaibor (middle field).

22. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I actually saw the game in person at the stadium, Ecuador seemed lost, Canada had a pretty strong team. They were impressive, but unfortunately I have to say the most negative moments in the game wasn't Ecuador tying but the poor sportsmanship from the Canadian fans on one side. Who when Ecuador was trailing one nothing mocked the Ecuadorian side I sat in calling us Mexicans, and telling us to get papers, and calling us spics. But, when Ecuador was winning 2-1 we were cheering an they started getting angry and throwing insults at us becuase of karma coming back at them. This is pretty sad how this negative behaviour could be seen at soccer games like this. Was anyone else at BMO field by any chance?

23. GuayasUnited

GuayasUnited New Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I was at BMO field and there was mostly ecuadorians in my section. One Canadian supporter was arguing with an Ecuadorian about the last goal. It didn't escalate to racial comments but I think the Canadian was cautious because he was surrounded by Ecuadorians. He looked like he was dying to say something racist tho.

Outside walking by some Canadian supporters they were angry toward some Ecuadorian supporters taking "it" to far... I wasnt sure about what happened but they were angry and shused when I walked by.

Regardless, Fun times for me as it was my first game with the Ecuadorian NT.

24. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Yupp, sadly though I'm surprised to say the least at how arrogant the Canadian fans were towards the Ecuadorians making fun of us when we were losing, but then quieting down and eventually yelling racial sulrs at us in our section when we began cheering at the 2-1 win. Some drunk canuck was trying to jump his section to argue with some young Ecuadorian guy, but overrall bad result for Ecuador, I just see them digging them selves deeper in shit. We need to pull ourselves together and become a force to reckon with. Rueda must go, if we lose to Venezuela and come out last in our Copa AMerica group I think its time to say goodbye to Rueda. Im disappointed at how weak our defence is. Cuchara Caicedo is getting old and hes not that good. We need new defenders ASAP! We cant be experimenting like this and tying in dying seconds of games anymore. We have to get serious especially in defence. IMO the defence was garbage today Elizaga wasn't much at fault for the goals, any good keeper could have missed those saves with a sad excuse of a defence like ours.