Ecuador v. France - World Cup 2014 - Rio de Janeiro (Maracana)

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by Manolo, Jun 23, 2014.

1. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    mendez for possession, creativity and long shots what youngster? gruezo ??? that cross that ibarra put in and caicedo stuck his foot in instead of letting it go to some one behind him i could just imagine if that ball had reached the feet of Mendez and the shot he could have put in that could have been a wining goalfor us
    dominguez
    guagua, erazo, achiller
    paredes, minda, mendez, ayovi
    ibarra, enner

2. clubtopia

clubtopia New Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    They said that Rueda sucks. that they can't believe that we were not pressing more and that we were expecting the tie, and we treated it as a moral victory when it does us no good to tie. Frankly they made me sick after 10 mins of the same Ecuador bashing. I muted the game. What kills me is FEF is too cheap to hire a decent coach. Why do you take out an offensive player for a defensive player? Why? Another questionable move how come he didn’t tell Dominguez to go to the box on the last corner kick? it was going to be the last play!

Players that we need to find replacement for

Noba – Sorry dude you tried but you are not NT material any more
    Guagua – He is getting up there in age
    Ayovi – same as Guagua
    Montero – I like him because he is fast, but the dude cannot keep the ball (Ibarra showed that he belongs I saw some nice moves and he didn’t lose the ball)
    Minda – you were lucky to get the call

3. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    ummm.....what game were you watching? You should be thanking Dominguez he saved our asses like about 10 times today. Liga doesn't need a new keeper, they need real fans that don't bash a player when he's doing his job smh

clubtopia repped this.
  4. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Well just saw the scores, I was at work so I missed the game but this was to be expected. Rueda is a terrible coach and the loss if Castillo before the tournament was huge.

5. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    obviously because he can't control a ball and because he's been horrible just like Antonio this entire cup. Noboa did what he always does. Defend and recover balls. What did you want him to do? attack? Since when does Noboa attack?

lav92 and clubtopia repped this.
  6. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Rueda's biggest mistake was trying to protect our first goal against Switzerland ... And now he must go!

lav92 and mac-0n3 repped this.
  7. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    He was great but his distribution sucked.

8. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Not to mention noboa is obviously playing with an injury and to make matters worse the guy played with blood gushing from his head. I wouldn't bash him as harsh as some of u guys.

9. waseem azhar

waseem azhar New Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
  10. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    If we could start all over again how would you guys line up?

Dominguez
    Paredes Guagua Erazo Ayovi
    Ibarra ? Castillo Martinez
    Enner Arroyo

I'm partial to Montero.

11. cristian1mv

cristian1mv Member

Jul 6, 2005
    I actually don't blame the players. I'm sure they were giving a certain instructions. Players did play their hearts out for a few exceptions and certain plays. Arroyo impressed me he was running around like a dog and pressured. I think he played well . Enner was the same. I don't know why people criticize Noboa so much he played his heart out. The defense did well.

Now lets talk about Rueda... the players can only do so much when you are given such a horrible game plan. Its as he thought we could not win...this was the case for all the games. The coach gives the players a mentality and keep them accountable when they don't perform or do not show effort if the coach does not care the mentality of the players will be the same...even players who do care will not feel confortable playing under that kind of person. I belived that this is the case for Ecuador.... The players knew that they not only had to play their opponents but also the terrible mentality of their coach.... Hopefully something changes soon.

12. clubtopia

clubtopia New Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    is it official that rueda is gone he was quoted in futbolecuador

“Reinaldo Rueda habló sobre su continuidad. "Nos despedimos porque hoy culmina mi contrato como hace cuatro años. Todo quedará en la decisión de los dirigentes. Dejamos como premio que se logró el recambio que necesitaba este equipo".

13. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    He seemed shaky from the beginning but he was the best player of the match. Was very shaky. I guess I calmed down after.

14. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    This team needed to revamp the formation and tactics and it needed a change in philosophy. The same tired 4-4-2 run down the wings and cross tactic only works at home in the altitude. In a WC in a tournament where all the teams are fighting for their lives and study their rivals and prepare for them you need to play with some guts you need to have creative midfielders who can play between lines and set up the strikers. It all starts with the defense- Rueda failed to secure the backline... If our defense was solid we could afford to maybe play with 1 defensive midfielder and have a creative midfielder like maybe Cazares who plays at Banfield, this kid has impressed me why was he never even called up even once? Because he actually has some brains and knows has to pass a ball? because there is actually some quality to his play?

Rueda wasted a good 1-2 years trying out players that had no business being in the team. I remember him constantly calling up Checa, G. Caicedo and Saritama(To name a few)What good did that do? he just wasted that time which could've been better spent trying younger prospects who could be developed into potential replacements. None of the younger guys got the experience or exposure necessary early on. There are at least 4 players that had no business being in this team but they were there because he never seeked other options and they were "good enough"... His plan was just to qualify to the WC and nothing more.

Lets take a look at Klinsman and USMNT... Klinsman started with a team full of nobodies, but he had a philosophy and a plan. He actually motivated the players and the fans with positivity, this is what coaches are supposed to do. He didn't just make a team that could qualify for the WC his intentions were to succeed at the World Cup and his command extended deep into the constructs of the footballing culture. Sure Rueda isn't getting the same money Klinsmann is but that is why Ecuador needs a coach that actually gives a flying hoot and is not just there to collect a check.

I still feel Vizuete was the best coach we had the team played it's best under him and it was a shame that because of Benitez misses we didn't qualify for the WC and reverted to the old Colombian negative school of futbol. Vizuete had his trincheros as well though and was critized for it but at the very least he motivated the players and had them playing with confidence. He also put Valencia in center mid along with Mendez!!! Holy sh*t what an idea?? Put your 2 best most creative players in the center of the pitch! Wow you'd think putting them out on the sideline where they have nowhere to go would be a better idea huh??lol

15. LongLiveThe80's

Manchester United
    Jun 8, 2006
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That sums up our team, our federation, and that son of a bitch Luis Chiriboga.

16. LongLiveThe80's

Manchester United
    Jun 8, 2006
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because that's the Ecuadorian thing to do.......argh I'm so frustrated!

17. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Chiriboga said he wants and his staff wants Rueda to stay and renew his contract ...... What a shame , we need chiriboga out first .

cabezamagica and Luigi408 repped this.
  18. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    If chirirata hires this incompetent coach again,I l stop watching this seleccion until he goes away.fuera rueda,chiriroba y maraton.:D

19. clubtopia

clubtopia New Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I'm with you. Told my wife this morning if he is back I'm done with the team until they hire a new coach.... even if they do well the next time around what will happen is a let down

cabezamagica repped this.
  20. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    My dad was telling me that Michael Jackson Quinonez plays just like that Pogba kid. I don't know if he was trolling me.