Ecuador v Colombia ( Eliminatorias )

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by crzdcolombian, Mar 23, 2017.

1. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    felt good with the line up and formation. James finally had someone to play with in cardona. unlike Uribe last game. team felt balanced and it showed. crucial 6 points!

2. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Anything can happen. We're not celebrating but we got a lot closer. We still needs to push for the final stretch and hopefully we can even advance before the last matchday. Besides, Peru and Paraguay have basically no room to wiggle (9-10 points needed) and Ecuador needs also a high percentage on a tough schedule (6-8 points). Needing 4 points looks doable, that's all.

3. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    One other thing I enjoyed about this match is how for the past years the Ecua forums just had such disdain for Colombian coaches despite the fact that they had taken them to 3 WCups. They ran Rueda out of dodge and just gave about every excuse in the book how the Colombian DTs just dont cut it for their squad. Rueda would have had that WC ticket practically booked.

Karma.

Cruzifero repped this.
  4. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Speaking of that, on WIN Sports before the game, they showed, I don't remember the newspaper in Ecuador, but they ran a special on Colombian coaches in Ecuador and the legacy they left behind.

kromekote repped this.
  5. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Ironically enough their press is already talking about Alexis Mendoza as a possible replacement.

Pibe#10 repped this.
  6. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I also heard they might call Suarez, since he is "unemployed" right now too.

7. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Luis Fernando Suarez?

Very defensive coach. In the worst way possible too.

8. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Our bench is very odd. They don't look good on paper but Gareca makes them look like top players. The other day we were missing Ramos and Cueva (got an injury in the 35th minute) and we hardly missed them because their replacements did just a good a job. Guerrero is a top player and this time around he looks unstoppable, so despite that we have Bolivia next we will still miss him.

dapip repped this.
  9. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The only Colombian coach I want to see coach the NT is Rueda.

10. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    One last thing about this match:
    I was watching YouTube highlights with Ecuadorean commentators and they thought the play where Borja went down against the keeper mano-a-mano should have been called a penalty.

I think Borja went down too easily but it could be argued that we should have had a penalty.