East Asian Championship Rosters

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by K_19, Nov 24, 2003.

1. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Here's Korea's confirmed rosters for the tournament:

GK: Lee Woon Jae, Kim Yong Dae

DF: Kim Tae Young, Kim Hyun Soo, Park Jae Hong, Park Yo Seb, Choi Jin Cheul

MF: Lee Eul Yong, Kim Dong Jin, Yoo Sang Chul, Choi Won Kwon, Lee Kwan Woo, Hyun Young Min, Jun Jae Ho

FW: Choi Young Soo, Ahn Jung Hwan, Kim Do Hoon, Kim Eun Jung, Kim Dae Eui, Jung Kyung Ho

So, it seems like it will be domestic players + J-leaguers only for Korea. There will be no European-based players. What's the news on Chinese/Japanese/HK squad so far? The rumour in Korea is that Zico has decided to bring all the Euro leaguers for this tournament for Japan, is that true? Will the Chinese European players participate? For those of you who know, how good is the Hong Kong team? (forza?)

2. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    It's true that Zico wants all his Euro-based players, but since the tournament isn't on FIFA's official international matchdays, clubs have the right to deny call ups.

Parma front office has already sent an official request to JFA to hold Nakata back, and Nakamura won't be there because of injury. Most of the other Euro-based players have pretty much said something to the effect of "I'd be happy to play, but it's up to the club."

In addition, the last weekend of J-League play will have a huge effect on who will and won't be there. If Yokohama Marinos win the 2nd Stage, then there won't be a Championship Series since they won the 1st Stage, and all J-League players will be available.

But if Yokohama don't win the stage, then players involved in the Championship Series will not be available. Players from Yokohama and Jubilo Iwata or Kashima Antlers will play for their clubs instead of Japan.

So out of Japan's current first choice starting lineup (Narazaki, Yamada, Tsuboi, Nakazawa (Miyamoto), Santos, Ono, Inamoto, Nakata, Nakamura (Fujita), Takahara, Yanagisawa) as few as 4 (5 if you include Miyamoto) players could be available.

3. ACkenji

ACkenji Member

Jan 13, 2002
    Since the J.League championship is held in 12/6 and 12/13, the players who belong to 2 teams of the J.League champion cannot be participated in EAC.
    1 team is YokohamaFM(Kubo/Oku/Nakazawa/Matsuda/YooSangChul).
    1 more team is one of 3 teams of Kashima (Ogasawara/Sogahata/Motoyama/Akita/Narahashi), Iwata (Fukinishi/Tanaka/Hattori/Nakayama/Nanami), and Ichihara (Nakanishi/ChoiYoungSoo).
    An exception is a time of Yokohama winning J.League second stage.

About Euro leaguers,Utrecht to which Fujita belongs accepted his participation.But
    Nakamura(injury) Nakata/Yanagisawa/Takahara/Inamoto/Ono(Their team refuse)
    Suzuki/Hiroyama/Kawaguchi/Toda (undecided)

4. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    On a serious note, China has always been strong against Japan in the past. Japan just can't play their game against physically strong teams.

5. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Thank you.

Hamatachi, stop trolling.
    Everyone else, ignore Hamatachi's trolling.

6. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    hahaha i guess i missed a lot here!! for your note i wasn't trolling but merely telling the truth

7. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Here's the Chinese Roster, taken from the post in Chinese abroad thread by kc:

Ji Mingyi, Zhang Yaokun, Hao Haidong, Zheng Bin, Li Yi, Li Weifeng, Zheng Zhi, Yang Chen, Yang Pu, Xu Yunlong, Liu Jindong, Zhou Haibin, Zhao Junzhe, Wei Xin, Li Jian, Zhou Ting, Xiao Zhanbo, Zhao Xuri, Liu Yunfei, Zhang Suo, Du Ping, Han Wenhai, Du Wei.

any confirmation yet on Japanese and HK squad?

8. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    Japanese squad cannot be named until after the results of SAturday's J.League matches (as some people have already noted). A reporter friend of mine says that the JFA scheduled a press conference for Sunday so probably the squad will be named then.

9. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    hahaha aren't you supporting antlers anymore mato? what happened? did they screw you? i didn't know you support arsenal

10. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002
    What's it matter? Doesn't matter of Korea has Euro based players or not. Coelho's going to screw this one up anyway.

11. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    Whats wrong Hama-chan, are you having emotional problems again? Must be due to the @$$-kicking that Gamba have been getting this season.

Naturally I still support Antlers, but only as my third favourite J.League team. That has been the case for a long time, but only recently did BigSoccer get so stingy with bandwidth that they cut off half of the teams on my favourites list. Antlers appear after Ajax (which now you can only read the "Aj"). If you took the time to check my profile you would know that, though . . .

12. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    i thought antlers was your everything. my emotional problem is not your concern at all. as a matter of fact, i have never had mental problem in my entire life.

anyway, when the hell is our squad going to be announced? i thought the competition starts on dec 4. it's only 4 days away

13. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    japan squad
    gk narazaki, tsuzuki, doi
    df yamada, tsuboi, moniwa, miura, santos, miyamoto, kaji, nakazawa
    mf fujita ishikawa, oku, ogasawara, fukunishi, yamada, abe, endo
    fw kubo, okubo, motoyama, kurobe

according to my analysis, our top of the line were not called for the obvious following reasons besides the refusal by clubs

- possible injury blow out by our inexperienced opponents' malicious attempt
    - degrading the team intentionally so that we have closer game to flavor the taste of victory
    - had quality games with better opponents (although most of them such as argentina, romania, senegal, and colombia were weaker than japan but far better than the east asian sides) thruout the year. this will be just a waste of time and money but still had to be done for the sake of our "friendship"

14. LiveinYokohama

LiveinYokohama New Member

Dec 1, 2001
    ISHIKAWA,ABE and OKUBO were chosen from U22 national team. The player who belongs to Europe is only FUJITA. But it seems to be strong even if there is not European members.
    I'm glad that Kubo was chosen.

15. watanabe2k

watanabe2k Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Illinois, but Japan
    Club:
    Jubilo Iwata
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I read Zico is thinking of going with 3-5-2...........
    is this true? If it is, we should have just kept Troussier if it comes back to doing a 3-5-2.......