East Asian Championship Pre & Post Game News [R]

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by WuTang2002, Dec 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You mean "Mighty Korea will kick ass" joke?

On today's game I think korea was lucky to get way with a draw from what I heard.

You guys are always forgeting the fact Japan use to suck before 1990s. Korea used to play so much better than Japan. But time has changed. Now Japan and Korea are leveled with Korea having a little advantage. We will pass you soon.

Decade of "might Korea" is over.

And Premium Hamatachi, I think you should change your avatar.

2. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002
    It's also good to have a defender who's confident with his ball skills. Yoo Sang-chul gives more flexibility in the back because he's more creative. Attacks can start from the back with more effectiveness.

3. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    Well it was a bit of an inevitability that Japan would become pretty good at football. They got more money and a better youth setup.
    the Korea-Japan-China(when they become good enough) rivalry will continue for a very long time.

On your korea being lucky to get away with a draw remark, I think you should watch the game before making such conclusions. From what you heard, but from who? Hamatachi? That guy's nuts. What else can you say about some guy with a picture of him or whoever biting Kermit's groin as a theme picture?

4. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    Yes, let's be honest here. Regardless of the past results, have you seen a single promising play on the ground other than mindless passes since Coelho took over? I, too, feel bad that he didn't have foreign based players and also didn't have much time to prepare a cohesive team but exactly how many k-league games has he watched? What has he tried to find a new talent? It's been more than a year now and how much vacation did he have back in Portugal?

5. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    hahaha. money? you want money? here it is, take my 2 cents:

stop barking before you actually jump on kermit. what? you still want me to talk about my mom? the only thing i can say about her is that she is far stronger your mama. keep crying and ask your papa for a hug you misarable sick kiddo and kiss my ass.

6. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    Idiot we don't hate Japan but we do hate you. If you want to talk about your rivalry with Japan, fine but don't bring China into it.

7. topcow

topcow New Member

Nov 23, 2000
    New York
    I have nothing to add to this thread that's productive, but i like to post something anyway.
    so...
    Mods are stupidfaces!

oh, wait...

8. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    lol who's crying?
    you are nuts. When was the last time you made a post in here that was anything close to mild tempered?
    And really dude, what the hell is up with that Kermit thing?
    And who says we need your money? I said Japan's got the money to set up the conditions to create good footballers (youth setup, training grounds, better coaches etc).
    You can take your 2 cents and stick it up your @$$

9. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    Man, this place is such a riot sometimes. Interesting how a fight breaks out between Koreans & Chinese immediately after their match, and then another fight breaks out between Koreans and Hamatachi right after the Japan-Korea match. And then if you scroll down to another thread, Koreans get in a fight with Americans after the U-20 match . . . .

Gee, I dont suppose anyone sees a pattern here ? ? ? ?

Korea got a fortunate break to play for almost the entire match with an extra player, yet not only were they unable to score but Japan had the best scoring chances throughout the second half. And no, that isnt just my opinion. I even read similar comments on Korean news websites. If any one of you had even the slightest clue as to what it means to be a gracious winner, you would just admit that it was a totally even match, congratulate your opponents for the effort, and leave it at that.

Believe me, I wont be holding my breath waiting for that to happen.

This message board was taken over long ago by a load of noisy, chest-beating Korean fanboys, and since then virtually every Japanese or Chinese member with the slightest degree of decorum has gotten so sick of listening to the constant crap that they have all left. If you have a problem with the fact that the only Japanese person left to talk to you is a smartass like Hamatachi, all you have to do is look in a mirror to find out who is to blame.

PS:
    If you pathetic "moderators" can read through this thread and be unable to see -- not to mention delete -- all of the personal attacks and insults, then you are as bad as any of the trolls themselves. Every second post on this message board is offensive to someone!!! Shame on you for letting this place turn into a cesspool of kindergarten insults and petty bickering.

Sorry, Id like to add more, but I have to go throw up now.

10. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    So it's us again, huh? Browse back and read again. I see every Korean complaining and disappointed at our team's performance. And Hamatachi trolled as usual. A couple of Koreans out of 20 responded. Now all of a sudden, all Koreans are to blame?
    We have the nicest members who are Koreans in this board, too. Can't you see them? If there's anyone who congratulate others in this board then they're Koreans. It's just there are too many of them.
    Have you ever thought about how other Japanese fans would feel if anyone replace "Hamatachi" with "Japanese" in their posts?

11. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    I did.

I see comments about people licking shit off the bottom of shoes, people calling each other monkeys, and saying "Die". Whether you like it or not, most of the comments are coming from people who are Koreans.

I never made any comment about "all Koreans", and you know it. There is a big difference between the comment: "most of the people causing trouble are Koreans" and the comment "most Koreans cause trouble". Instead of trying to justify yourself with a load of self-righteous excuses, why dont you put half of that effort into telling the people who give Koreans a bad name that they should shut up or get lost.

As for Hamatachi, Ive told him to shut up more times than I can count. As far as Im concerned, he should have been permanently banned from this board years ago, and he is one of the main reasons why I rarely visit BigSoccer anymore.

If you think that you can excuse the childish insults and other crap that was primarily started by a few obnoxious Koreans, on this thread, by saying "well Hamatachi does it too", then Im wasting my time trying to talk sense to you.

12. cappuccino_kid

Oct 23, 2001
    Charlotte NC
    random ramblings...

Granted I only watched the games that Korea played in, but I'd say the Big 3 are getting much closer in quality.

Japanese must certainly feel a certain "moral victory" by keeping the tie for 60 minutes with one man down. I was impressed by Japan's creativity in contrast to the somewhat predictable Korean play.

As for Korea...

I think Coelho's player selection and substitution strategy sucks. Putting Kim Do Hoon as the sole striker against China with one man down (how about anyone else with speed?), putting in Lee Gwan Woo at all vs China and Japan (the kid does not belong).

One other concern was that I have not seen another goalie play for Korea in an A match for quite some time (am I mistaken?). Should we not have at least one backup who is reasonably good that gets some PT?

On the positive side for Korea, I thought the two young middies Kim DJ and the other Kim (from Suwon) were outstanding ... Willing to take on defenders with pace and skill and willing to take shots (and surprisingly mostly near / on-target).

To state the obvious, I think that the finishing of all 3 countries still falls way short of European and South American standards. Why is that?

13. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    Do you think telling those people to stop and get lost would work? You can't even get rid of one person! Heck, even the mods can't!
    And as far as I know, the insults in this thread was not primarily started by Koreans. I, along with many others, simply ignore and don't read trolling and insulting posts. You seem to be able to do that with a couple of Chinese, a couple of Iranians, and one Japanese, but why can't you do that with a couple of Koreans?
    If you're so disgusted by those posts from trolls, wouldn't it make more sense if you post more soccer-related messages rather than bickering and telling about you throwing up?

14. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    What is everyone bitchn about?
    Japan seems mighty confident against a crap squad with a crap coach. Japan mightve been the better team but on the personal skill level, I wonder how many Japanese players would start on the Korean National Team?

15. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Matsu

I don't really have anything against you but why don't YOU attempt to become a moderator then? Do you not have enough time to do it? Or do you not want to lower yourself to the level of the some "pathetic moderators" we have here?

You might have said "I didn't mention ALL KOREANS...blahblah" but you know you meant it. So why hide it? Why not be blunt like some of the Korean/Chinese posters? Or once again does that go against your Japanese way?

I respect you and I am sure that you are a very intelligent and respectful man but sometimes you just spit comments that resolve nothing but bring another controversial topic and segration upon us all.

16. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Re: random ramblings...

Lets be real. China aren't exactly on par with the Koreans and the Japanese yet. However I agree that its getting there. Kim Do-hoon broke a K-League record so I understand his credibility from Coelho there. Also Lee Gwan-woo is a very talented midfielder but there are simply holes that he cannot fill in.

I wouldn't worry about the National team too much. I mean to be totally honest, this team is basically a K-League select + J.Leaguers. Wait a couple of years and we will see players like Nam Goong-hyun (Suwon) Kim Doo-hyun (Suwon) and others stepping up to challenge proven strikers like Choi Yong-soo and Kim Do-hoon.

Also this brings me to another point. I've noticed that there are differences how National teams and Club teams use their strikers. Choi Yong-soo and Kim Do-hoon are bascially cherry-pickers and the team's strategies are based on them. However, on the National level things are a bit different. Most National team matches are a bit below expectancy of play. Yes, teams had little or no time to work amongst themselvs to create chemistry but the larger problem at hand is that these players are so used to their respective club sides that they find it difficult and annoying to work with other players.

That being said I am sure that a K-League select could beat the WC2002 squad. We just got to be patient and work with them. And to solve this problem once and for all, we need fans to fill up the stand and the clubs making these fans happy. Then they need to attempt to improve the standard of play of the league then we will have better quality and more diverse/creative players to fill in holes.

Club-->Fan--->Club--->League--->National Team.

Lets just be patient.

17. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    No, actually I am offended by all of it. I reported many of the posts on this thread, and that included Hamatachis, as well as one or two Chinese posters as well. Im pointing out the fact that a large percentage of the troublemakers are Korean because in my experience, when a CountryA person tells another CountryA person to stop being a pest, they are likely to take it seriously whereas if a CountryB person criticises a CountryA person, it just intensifies the argument. If Koreans are unwilling to police themselves, you have to take responsibility for the quality of the board. After all, Koreans outnumber all others on the board as Im sure your realise.

As for me becoming a moderator, dont be silly. How often do I even visit this place anymore? Once a week maybe. Ive got a site of my own to run, and would only agree to be a moderator on BigSoccer if given the power to ban the troublemakers. That would probably make this a less childish place, but it would also reduce the number of people posting by about half.

For those who dont like hearing my complaints, sorry. Most of the time I do talk about football and avoid the silly arguments, but when I come to the board at the end of a week and find a thread of seven pages, and six of that consists entirely of "you monkey" "licking shit on your shoes" "die" "Apollo Ono" etc., it really is more than I can stand

18. topcow

topcow New Member

Nov 23, 2000
    New York
    thanks, Matsu, for filling my mailbox. thread closed.