East Asian Championship Pre & Post Game News [R]

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by WuTang2002, Dec 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    yeah, like that peasant dreams of aristocracies walk with shi+ on the bottom of their feet. Sadly it either doesn't happen or it's the other way around.

2. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    what do you mean we were afraid of him?

3. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    well, I just noticed a thing. Since the Korea vs China match, this thread has been shi+-throwing between us. Sorry for hijacking this thread. The Korea vs Japan match's coming up soon. If other posters have something constructive to post, please do so.

Here's my prediction Japan 1-0 Korea.

4. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    Korea will be missing Lee Eul-yong but Japan will miss Ogasawara.

I hear Zico is pretty confident of victory. I hope Okubo misses a lot of chances and never make it to NT again. :)

My prediction:

Korea 2-1 Japan (Ahn JH, Kim Doo-hyun, and Kubo)

China 1-0 Hong Kong

5. BadAzzSnowboarder

BadAzzSnowboarder New Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Malibu, CA
    My prediction:

2-0 South Korea win

Ahn will have a double

And here's hoping Kim Doo Hyeon will show his effortless flair again and cement his place on the NT.

6. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Korea 1-1 Japan
    China 2-1 HK

Japan won't loose

7. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    if ogasawara and okubo start, japan 1-0
    if fujita and kurobe start, japan 3-0
    we only have win-win situation. it's hard to pick. doesn't matter who plays in defense because korea will just keep flying the ball over the moon.

it seems like this guy is gonna come up with a new goal celebration performance. i hope he can focus more on playing soccer or he will put the ball in his own net. i personally want to see his own goal celebration though.

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20031210-00000004-sks-spo

8. BadAzzSnowboarder

Jan 14, 2003
    Malibu, CA
    I can't read all of those little slashes and sticks and bits of chinese characters on that website, but I'm assuming the article is speaking of Jo Byung Guk's tendencies towards own-goals in recent times.

The fact is, the dude is a good defender. He's like a black hole that sucks in and reads into a lot of offensive plays by the opposition.

He has his off days too, though.

9. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    The article is about Ahn Jung-hwan saying how he's confident winning the game especially when Japan doesn't have any of its overseas players. He feels he's on top of his form. He added he wants to come up with new goal celebration.

I wonder if that's worth an article regardless whether he actually said it or not. Just like korean news papers...

10. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    Korean line-up:

FW: Ahn JH, Choi YS, Kim DE
    MF: Kim Doo-hyun, Kim Dong-jin, Choi Won-kwon, Hyun Young-min
    DF: Kim Tae-young, Yoo SC, Choi JC

Note our entire MF is made of U-22 players while DF is WC'02 players.

11. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    China 3-0 HK at half time.
    Zhao Xuri, Liu jindong and Yang chen scored.

Phuck, now we can score!

12. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    anybody doin a pbp for korea v japan?

13. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    damn 0-0. we won. bad way to win the tourney but shizzle. we won.

14. n00bie deluxe

n00bie deluxe New Member

Aug 31, 2002
    Game ends in 0-0 draw.

Korea wins the tourney on total goals scored.

Anti-climactic, to say the least. U-20s seemed to put on a more entertaining show.

15. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    what a dumb ref and dumb game. korea should be happy with today's tie. where the *#*#*#*# was that dumb ref watching during the game? as for okubo's case, i have a mixed feeling about that with his stupid attitude but the motoyama's yellow and korean player pushing him wih both hand not being caught was completely a joke. kubo and takahara both should shave up not only their hair but also their skull next time. tired of seeing them hit woodwork

16. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    go *#*#*#*# your mama *#*#*#*#*#*#*#

17. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    what a boring game.
    Korea had no idea how to move ball to score goal. Kept crossing into box hoping for a break. Red card to Okubo didn't make any difference. Lee Kwan-woo and Kim Do-hoon were jokes. We just have no quality FWs and attacking MFs. Still, I want Coelho to quit.

18. BadAzzSnowboarder

Jan 14, 2003
    Malibu, CA
    Horrible game.

Japan played like their usual self with no urgency and aggressiveness while South Korea really played horribly.

Not a great way to win a tourney.

So many chances missed yet again for our squad.

My beloved Ahn wasn't himself, but Kim Doo hyeon again impressed me a lot in the 1st half albeit he ran a bit out of steam in the 2nd.

19. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    too bad the mighty japan's last game of the year ended like this. but one thing that we learned today is that 10 men were more than enough to take care of korea. no matter how the ref stands against us, it doesn't matter. nothing will stop us from now on. in the upcoming china 2004 and wcq, all the ways will lead to tokyo. a little reminder to korea, stop keep shooting from middle of nowhere. it may delight some fanboys such as korean_football in terms of stats as he soon eloquently talks here and a iranian site, but actually those shots are merely helping your opponents. if they learn to be a little more patient, one day i believe korea can defeat quality gulf sides such as saudi, kuwait , and oman.

20. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002

as if anyone's going to take your biassed fiction any more seriously than what psycho's post in yahoo forum's....

stick to your "####### you all. mighty japan will kick ass" jokes.

weren't you complaining that your beloved Korean_Football was grumbling about refs? or yeah, your next screen name should be Hypocrite_Hamatachi

21. watanabe2k

watanabe2k Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Illinois, but Japan
    Club:
    Jubilo Iwata
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    hey! I like Hama san! He is probably the most honest poster on here!

Also I think that he agrees with me on the idea that we shuld put Zico on a boat, and then blow it up!

22. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Horrible game, Korea could not even score with 10 men. But hey, they played in Japan and come out of it with a tie; from perspective of other nations that's not a bad thing, but of course in Korea, anything but a win against Japan is a failure (something that I think is nonsense). Korea did have a stronger team in this tournament with more of their top players, but still had trouble against Japan. Not a good sign for AC 2004 when they may run in to full side Japan squad.

You got to be fair to Coelho, this was a loss-loss situation. Even if he won all three games, it would have been expected at best and he would have still been criticized for quality of play. Unless he put on a show where Korea beats several decent oppositions in a row or they win the Asian Cup (whatever comes first), the hate he'll receive from the whole Oman disaster will not stop. But still, congrats to him and the Korea squad for winning a tournament away from home! We finally have won a senior side asian tournament for first time in a while.

Both teams will have to address their lack of goal-scoring sometime down the road. Korea is pretty bad, but I believe Japan and other Asian nations have just as much trouble scoring as we do. It's something that separates us from other European or South American sides that has to be addressed if we are going to take it to the next step on the global stage.

23. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Yoo Sang Chul receives tournament MVP.

24. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Much deserved I'd say. Besides his winning goal against China, he saved at least 2 or 3 goals from going in the net in China and Japan games. He looked pretty solid at the central defensive marshall this tournament, and although he isn't our immediate response to being the next Hong Myung Bo, he's closest one we have for now. Our back line looked pretty solid with him, Kim Tae Young, and Choi Jin Cheul (who by the way won the defensive player of the tournament award). Dunno whether this would last until the next world cup, though. Choi is way too old already.

25. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    awwwww, why would you dare to reply then? :confused: so much pain. so much hatred. what have my mama done to you and your papa junjun!? :(