East Asian Championship Pre & Post Game News [R]

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by WuTang2002, Dec 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    LOL, softcore finally got an opportunity to post his usual lame-ass spy plane post, and as usual the readneck adds to it with his typical "i agree" response.

2. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002
    Spastic? lol I feel so offended now, okay I don't want to be spastic so I will stop telling you who you can't support.... GLORY HUNTER!!!!!
    ;)
    Well at least you got Man City on there. That at least makes a change.

3. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    well, let's see, you jeered at our player and I gave a little jab back, you're bi+ching about it? LOL, yeah, I'm a real bad guy and would joke about anything.

4. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    Who doesn't jeer/make fun of another player or a team? The fact that you were laughing at Hwang actually getting injured and missing a tournament was pretty stupid because the event actually took place. Also it's a pretty lousy way for a team who couldn't make the World Cup to try to make an impact on the finals.

5. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    WTF? Li Yi's challenge on Lee was something you could technically get sent off on? That was a foul but I don't think he was aiming at Lee's ankle. All i can say is that his reaction to the slapping was a little bit exaggerated.
    My dad's a big fan of those two teams, so I got the influence from him. I do have relatives who live in london but I don't consider that's a strong emotional connection. To me, I support the teams that I could watch them play like every week, That's good enough for me.

6. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    Well if anyone says ur a fool I'll obviously agree with him lol

I guess most Korea fans would have similar views on this incident. Also I'm just agreeing with him because we're kinda exchanging crap. :) He throws some your way, you throw some our way so I throw some back at you and support any he throws your way as well :p

7. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    Well if u got it down from your dad I think you've got your right to support them. At least you're different from the others.

The reason why I think Li Yi's challenge could have technically earned him a red card was that it had missed the ball completely, wasn't a tame tackle by any standards, and most importantly was from behind. A tackle from behind, especially one that gets the player and misses the ball is a case of a possible red card.
    If I was the ref though, I don't think I would have sent him off, rather I would have issued him with a yellow card. Maybe the referee had that in mind but didn't have time to react as Lee EY's reaction was pretty quick in itself. But after sending Lee EY off, I think Lee Yi should have been shown a yellow.

8. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    exactly, I was just made fun of your player. I'm sure that Hwang would play like shi+ if he made that team to the WC.

9. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    Haha, Hwang was so scared of China, that he didn't turn up in incheon last year because he knew we would target him again.

10. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    well, Li Yi's challenge was late and from behind. But it didn't deserve a red card. Surely the ref should've called a foul, but Lee EY's action turned everything around.

11. BadAzzSnowboarder

BadAzzSnowboarder New Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Malibu, CA
    Today I saw someone step on dogshlt and I was like, "dude, you just stepped on dogshlt" and he said, "dude, I know" and then we went our seperate ways.

12. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    [edited-KF]

13. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    Well we'll never know if he would have made a difference enough to change fortunes (i.e. bring the first win or make the 2nd round then).
    However, I am confident he would have been pretty good, and that's far more than what you can say about any Chinese player. Nice job in 2002 you guys. Group stage @$$ monkeys.

14. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    lol nice Chinese way of seeing it. Whatever helps you feel better.
    Really he doesn't bother to show up to play against a crap team who's only mission is to injure the opponents because they know they can't play football worth a crap.
    It's sort of like other top players who are established on the side they don't bother to show up against silly minnows.
    ;)

15. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    That quote shows how little you understand about the laws of football.
    A challenge from behind is an automatic red card in terms of the laws. The first major tournament this new law was enstated was France 98 I think.

16. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    Okay dude... let's try to keep this at football. I know we all got carried away but the nonsense has to stop somewhere

17. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    [edited-KF]

18. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Was he that good? I don't think this Hwang guy was good enough to save the Korean group stage monkeys' sorry asses in 1998.

19. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    A slide tackle from behind's an automatic red card.
    I've watched the clip of that incident numerously times. There's no way that Li would get a red card for that challenge.

20. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    It applies to rash tackles also. You don't neccessarily need to slide. If you jump in like that from behind, yes you could get sent off. If that challenge came from the side or something fair enough, but from behind is a different story.

21. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    Look who didn't qualify for France 98

22. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    All peasants dream of aristrocracy doing the dirty work for them. Sadly it either doesn't happen or it's the other way around.

23. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002

well, you guys acted like u sure were afraid of him.

24. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    ok, Li Yi's challenge wasn't that rash, a yellow card at most.

25. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    haha, I know we didn't qualify. If we did, we would probably get ass kicked like Korea, or even worse.