Earthquake/Tsunami

Discussion in 'Japan' started by LASA, Mar 11, 2011.

1. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zeroCZSrjo"]YouTube - ???????????????????[/ame]

頑張れ日本

2. That Phat Hat

That Phat Hat Member+

Nov 14, 2002
    Just Barely Outside the Beltway
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  3. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very nice. :)

4. That Phat Hat

That Phat Hat Member+

Nov 14, 2002
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    My German isn't so good, but "zusammenstehen" means "stand together", I think.

[​IMG]

5. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    From Korea

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Naga55

Naga55 New Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Italy
    Boys.. can we have some news from Japan about the nuclear situation?
    Here in Italy there's a lot of talking (and talking, and talking, and talking..) without real datas..

7. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    This is as good as it gets, I believe...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12307698

8. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Just wanted to pass along my good wishes and hope everyone in Japan is doing o.k. after the earthquake/Tsunami situation. I hope your country can recover from this and get back to normal.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to those who sadly lost friends, family and loved ones.

9. Lionel Richie

Lionel Richie Moderator
    Staff Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Nov 12, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Looks like things are slowly starting to get better. They managed to get the power for the water pumps back on. Now they're thinking of burying the nuke plant like the Russians did in Chernobyl back in the 80s. I think the regions far away from Fukushima will be safe.

10. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  11. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Friendly Charity Football (Soccer) Games in Kansai next weekend:

3/26 - Kyoto Sanga-Cerezo Osaka (details TBA)
    3/27 - Gamba Osaka-Vissel Kobe (13:00, Banpaku)

Please come around, enjoy football and show your support.
    (I will be at both games)

12. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I think Japanese artists and actors should donate some money instead of saying all they can do is sing, blah blah blah.
    I saw a list of people donating and it was mostly Korean celebs, or "halves" like Yu Darvish.

13. mushu21

mushu21 Member

May 18, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    rougou, I think donating is like natural thing to do right now for Japanese artists, they don't need to come to the press and say: "hey, watch me, I'm donating right now".

Many of my friends and relations are working/studying in Japan and for all I know about Japanese people, they rather keep all the emotion inside and keep on the work they usually do. The more they talk about the disaster, the more they become calmless.

The focus things for Japanese media now are situation of people in earth quake areas, and the nuclear plant, I think all Japanese people don't give ash!t about artists and celebs now.

Ok, maybe I'm being rude in my post, and like I said, many of my friends and relations are in Japan, I really love Japan, I don't post here for a week cause I think the posts from posters in Japan like goru or saku or akitod are way more useful, but now I read something about celebs, ******** it's really piss me off

14. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    My condolences!!!!!!!

[​IMG]
    Befor Bunyodkor - Ittihad match, uzbek fans

15. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    There will always be a Japan - the world over, it is known with wonder as a place where, above all else, high Quality is paramount. A lot of other western countries ruined themselves in the past few years without natural disasters but due to greed. I bet Japan will be back on it's feet before they are.

16. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I wasn't thinking your post was rude.
    I agree who cares about the celebs at a time like this, but the fact is that they are back on TV, so it might set a good example if they would donate themselves, instead of just trying to collect money from their fans through charity events, or literally holding collection boxes (baseball teams have been doing this).
    I guess they probably have good hearts, its just donating money is not that big in Japan.

17. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    I wonder if the country really needs money. Isn't it more a problem of logistic and transportation ?

18. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It's not part of the mentality to openly talk about money amounts they donate, even if they are celebs. I am 100% sure most if not all Japanese celebs are donating but you don't read much about it, as in most of the cases it is just done, without being publicized.
    What baseball teams are doing is what they do as a team. What they do individually is private.

19. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Plus, imagine: It would be pretty tasteless if every celeb would start to talk about how much they donated.

20. That Phat Hat

That Phat Hat Member+

Nov 14, 2002
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Not exactly. Donations are going to organizations like the Red Cross and Doctors Without Borders, who do depend on donations (and I imagine they must be taking a hit with the global economic downturn), and are on the front line helping people in the stricken areas. And even if it's a matter of logistics and transportation, it DOES cost money to say, fly a chopper to a stranded town and drop food and medicine. Also, consider Japan's stagnant economy since the late 90s and that Japan has the worst debt-to-GDP ratio of any industrialized nation, it's not exactly flush with cash.

So yes, please donate to an aid organization if you haven't already, and support companies like Uniqlo and Apple, who have gone above and beyond in the wake of these disasters.

If anyone is thinking about donating, here are worthy, reputable organizations you can donate to:
    Doctors Without Borders: http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/donate/overview.cfm
    Save the Children: https://secure.savethechildren.org/...ildren_in_Emergency_Fund/apps/ka/sd/donor.asp
    American Red Cross: http://livingsocial.com/redcross (Living Social will donate $5 for every $5 you donate)

21. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It is not only Korean, but many around the World(offcourse including Japan) donates for sufferer in this disaster. Just rougou saw a list which focus on Korean . Big thanks to Korean and everyone who donate. Publication of donating encourage sufferer, It is meaningful to publicate donation.(though there are people who don't want to publicate donation, and it is also not wrong thing at all.) Don't use such thing to blame others without confirmation.

22. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I am not sufferer in this earthquake and I live in south part of Kanto, enough safe away from Fukushima in current point. Still there is earthquake everyday and interruption of electric service almost every weekday, and there is a still fear of radioactive especially if Fukushima newclear plant go worse. So sometimes for someone it maybe bit hard to maintain incentive for work here. So to motivate themself, I understand some says all I can do is to do their work( to maintain ususal life in here Kanto). Offcourse it can't even compare to Tohoku reigion especailly near Fukushima, but surely situation is different from Osaka.

23. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  24. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Well I hope you are right.
    Usually with the big stars it does get announced though.
    Glay was one of the few Japanese on the original list I read (they are known to be nice guys). Later, Ayumi Hamasaki decided to donate 35 million (in addition to her t-shirt charity).
    Namie Amuro then topped that with 50 million.
    They haven't matched Yon-sama's donation yet though ;)