E3 2018 catch all thread

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by NORML, Jun 11, 2018.

1. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Three press conferences in with three and a Nintendo Tree house to go.

Over all I have enjoyed all the press conferences with major props going to Microsoft so far. While EA meandered a bit towards the end of their press conference and Bethesda brought entertainment and humor to theirs, Microsoft I felt like brought what everyone wanted from an E3 press conference, games, and tons of them. Sure maybe not all of the games are full exclusives but it was nice to see so many games given a large stage to be shown and revealed. With so many games and companies going the route of having their own reveal and show's it was cool to see someone at E3 still have a grand showcase for games.

I think so far my only bummer is that Gears Tactics is PC only, the game mechanics of Gears fits perfectly in with a XCOM game style. Foza Horizon 4 really looks like it is finally finding that perfect balance of open world and multiplayer not to mention the fact that the game will have all four seasons will keep the game fresh a whole lot longer than what is already an otherwise long game. I do wonder if the plan is to only have Britain's countryside or if there will be some cities as well.

Anthem still has me interested but nothing EA showed really wowed me or convinced me it is a must buy. The early tease of Gears 5 has me excited cause Kait's story seems to be the main focus and I'm a sucker for all things Gears. The Halo reveal was odd and almost felt like a throwaway trailer by MS, not sure if that's due to how little interest I have in the game or cause of how little was shown.

2. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gosh darn do Spiderman and Last of Us 2 look great.

3. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The fighting in Spider-Man has me feeling nostalgic for some Batman: Arkham Asylum action.