Dynamo President Wish List

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by naranjableeder, Oct 29, 2018.

1. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With Canetti leaving his post as the Dynamo President, it has me thinking about what I would kind of person I would want as our new President. I would love for Oliver Luck to return us to glory, but he is hanging out with Vince Mcmahon now.

I pose a question. What attributes would like the new president to have? If you know of a certain person you would want hired as the new president and why that person?

2. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Not going to be a President. Brener says he's hiring a Chief Business Officer. Sounds a lot like moving away from everyone reporting up through a President who is the lone guy dealing with Brener to a situation similar to teams with more hands on owners where the different functions report directly to the owner. So, presumably Jordan will no longer have someone between him and Brener. Guess we'll see how other areas of the org break down and is it just Jordan and new CBO reporting to Brener or others reporting to him as well.

3. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    i do want a separation of duties between president and gm, BUT i want a president who has a decent working knowledge of football. someone that will provide a foil to Matt Jordan and the scouts. Canetti (and consequently Brenner) could be sold on players because they weren't knowledgeable enough to say:

- "wait, a Swedish LB in Houston weather?'
    - "wait, it's cute his name is Ronaldo, but can he play?"
    - "wait, I know we can market that theyre national team players, but they play for El Salvador. that's not good enough"

CeltTexan, NDS10, DynamoManiac and 3 others repped this.
  4. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or,
    "why are we buying half of the Honduran National team?"
    "he is 35 and has a career history of residency on the medical table"

CeltTexan, Westside Cosmo and *rey* repped this.
  5. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This will sound harsh but hear me out: a spine.

I’ve forever got a sense that due to insecurity in his actual soccer knowledge that Canetti often chose the path of least resistance/social media victory for almost everything soccer or business. Whether it was customer service or supporters groups (“we are really just renters”) or getting funds for more investment in the Academy or season ticket gifts or stadium staffing, he wasn’t the guy to go to Brener and say “look Gabriel, I know this is a significant investment that won’t pay back quickly but let me show you why we need to do it”.

Just think of how many failed promises over the years!! STH plaque at BBVA is just the running joke but emblamatic of the problem. Far too many “let’s promise it in a brochure but then hope they forget it” things. The real crime is Canetti was at the helm of the business where the sole major soccer team in this city was gifted a new Downtown stadium and they somehow managed to run it sideways to the point that they squandered all the advantages that teams would kill for.

The Coyle hire screamed “hire by press release” and a guy seduced by an EPL name on a resume.

What do I expect? A cost-conscious private equity manager hire

CeltTexan, NDS10, 7seven7 and 1 other person repped this.
  6. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    ^^^ this right here. man, do i have stories.

in contrast, Oliver Luck listened to Dom and his staff because he was confident enough to know that he was there to build a stadium, find sponsors, shake hands, and kiss babys not insert himself into football decisions.

7. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

9. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In typical Dynamo operational excellence, they link to their YouTube Channel for the intro press conference video but you can only have it play thru Facebook.

Dynamo gonna Dynamo

10. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just want integrity over deception.

11. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    That's going to be interesting to see from here on out. Does the deception and corporate nonsense speak die with Canetti or does this guy continue the tradition?

MLSNHTOWN, *rey* and naranjableeder repped this.
  12. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Spot on.
    Again, this off-season is critical.

13. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+