Dynamo in USAToday

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by brahmafutbol, Nov 16, 2006.

1. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I missed these articles and I don't think they were posted anywhere else here. The first one is prior to the finals, the second one is the report of the Cup game. The first one is especially good I think.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/soccer/mls/dynamo/2006-11-09-dynamo2-focus_x.htm

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/soccer/mls/2006-11-12-mls-cup_x.htm

Notice in the first link, Bandido and the ball and chain, Ms. Bandido, made the big time, celebrating a goal in McPaper! Way to go, Bandido and your orange sombrero! :D

2. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really? I've yet to come across a single one who said they were offended....just a certain politician

3. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the first piece:

And that's not counting all those free t-shirts they've given away at games. :D

4. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    (Bandido X orange sombrero) + Dre00 + SenorCool + (Nobious X orange cowboy hat) + Grenas = Media Wh*res

What does a brother have to do get in the paper? I'm starting to get jealous....this is how the Beatles broke up. :D

5. cpk_tx

cpk_tx Vamos Naranja!

Jul 2, 2006
    Pearland, TX
  6. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    ...and this is different than the New England Revolution how?

7. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :eek: LMAO

8. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    If I may.

This first season was just magical for me.The Ball n' Chain gave me a lot of grief about spending too much money and drinking a whole lot of beer and chain smoking my cancer sticks because of our Dynamo.but she starting getting into it pretty soon and started to tell me to hurry up or we would be late for the Tailgates.

When I started to wear the sombrero was only for the Cinco de Mayo game,and the players liked it so much that I decided I would put it on from then on.

As the season went on I started to see people showing up with tiger suits, bandanas on their faces,Predator and wrestling masks,even guys with orange helmets,all this was so cool.and I can't wait for next year !!

What I'm trying to say here,is that you guys in the stands gave each other the freedom to be ourselves and show our colors with pride.so everytime you see me on anything,it's for you my brothers.;)

9. The Prophet

The Prophet Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Big P, Texas
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    The guy in the tiger suit must be a classic!!!!!! We need someone to dress like a giant orange at the games. I remember seen a giant orange at a football game and white smoke came out of it that would be cool to have at the stadium.

10. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't hate the playa...hate the game. :D

11. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like we are not the only ones to notice the CLUTCH CITY feeling that our Men in Orange have delivered back to Houston sports culture!

From USA TODAY>>>>Major League Soccer's newest franchise has finally warmed to its surroundings in Houston and has turned out to be a perfect fit.
    The Houston Dynamo are on the cusp of winning the championship Sunday when they play the New England Revolution — and their style befits another beloved team.

The Dynamo's heart-stopping, come-from-behind victories in the playoffs live up to the Houston label of Clutch City, a moniker given after the NBA's Houston Rockets caught fire after an unspectacular regular season in 1994-95 to win an improbable championship.<<<<<<

This is also why I never will call RSL anything but Utah.....cuz Dallas sucks but Utah swallows!

Regarding our costume hinchas...
    That guy is Hector the Guanaco who helps run the SW Indoor Facility in Stafford.

My indoor team plays there and he was there saying how MLS is like El Salvador ball...."so why go".

I told him about the Texian Army and El Batallon and how it doesn't matter the skill level as entertainment, what matters is the chaos and alegria found each Sat. night in 213.

I challenged him to come out to our Hinchada Tejana....jeez! .....little did I know he would turn up in Tigger's get up! (that's from Whinnie the Pooh Bear Rickker in case that goes over your head amigo)

12. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Man, Bandido, that's cool, and that's the kind of thing that I was looking for people to post in the thread I started last night: https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=438509

My little memory book. ;)

13. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently getting punched in the face is not the way to go :D

14. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    UUUUUUUUUUUUU

That was a low blow (or was it a left cross:confused: )
    I think his problem is that he follows the kitty cats from San Nicolas de Los Garza Nuevo Leon.:rolleyes: