Dynamo FO/TD Opinions

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Westside Cosmo, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Dynamo_Forever

Dynamo_Forever Member+

Aug 9, 2007
    Clear Lake, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm Dynamo Forever as I'll never root for another MLS Team (Especially one from Dallas). I just do it from the comfort of my own home now. I dropped my tickets due to the birth of my daughter, but the Dynamo are giving me no reason to pick that commitment back up. It's also challenging to take a 15month old to 7:30p games coming from Clear Lake.

TX Bill and Heft repped this.
  2. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I took my son to his first Clapton concert when he was 10 months old :)

MannieG and Dynamo_Forever repped this.
  3. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My sons have been going out since they were kids.
    One since 9 months old. Lots of us in the hincha life take our kids when little.
    My youngest even started going on away matches with me and the guys when he was just 3.

Hydro repped this.
  4. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TX Bill, CeltTexan and Hydro repped this.
  5. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Hydro

Hydro Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Houstown
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I have to meet that Brett Zalaski guy in person one day. I wonder if he is as silly as he sounds. Sometimes, his posts remind me of Kenny the Page from 30 Rock.

7. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty sure if there was any doubt you've jumped the shark, Muppets GIFs confirm it:

8. Hydro

Hydro Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Houstown
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

hahaha, awesome.

Thanks WC for reposting this crap so I dont have to get a tweeter account, or if I did, I don't have to follow that Zalasky guy.

Pathetic.

9. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    I think you meant Fraggle Rock per the muppet.

Hydro repped this.
  10. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    Underlining the denseness of the FO, Saturday you have the nominal Dash/Dynamo "doubleheader" where instead of consecutive games at a reasonable time for one price, you have two tickets to buy and a 6 hour spread in the heat of the day.

11. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I would've went to both, but I'm not sitting there all day

12. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    They are doing a crawfish fry or something like that in between. I'm not sitting through both either though. I'll do the Dash game in person, watch the Dynamo on TV.

13. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to criticize them but not sure they could do much about the NWSL TV deal dictating a game at 3:00 on Saturday after the MLS schedule had been set for a while

MannieG repped this.
  14. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    That's kind of where I'm headed, is why is this not a true doubleheader with doubleheader tickets and maybe a 30-45 minute warmup turnaround, like Gold Cup or whatever.

15. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    #1540 juvechelsea, Apr 12, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    Portland-Orlando is the national TV game, and we're playing at 1pm in Houston on Youtube I think. I can believe the former might involve constraints but the latter is almost like they were handed a schedule and someone without vision initially saw a conflict rather than an opportunity, only for marketing to come in and try and fix it later by calling it a "doubleheader" that isn't one in the usual senses.

It doesn't feel planned for because part of their expressed premise on making people buy two tickets is STH for the different teams might have the same seats. And then rather than come up with a workaround where the teams' fans are cross-marketed for the price of one ticket, they went with let's do a discounted double ticket, which is like basically begging the question "How badly do you want to see the Dash" (and sit in the heat for hours, and they kick you out of the stadium between games).

16. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I know it might not look very attractive to others but I'm looking forward to it. I'm planning to watch a game, go hang out at the TA tailgate for a few hours, and then go to the second game. That is better to me than a traditional doubleheader. I wish the Dash game was an hour or two later but this is do-able for me.

Opinions obviously vary. I guess this way people have enough time to leave the area, eat dinner, and then return. I'd be surprised if a lot of other people go to both games but it will be interesting to see what the combined attendance looks like.

17. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    The Dash game isn't on Lifetime. Plus it is at 1pm. However, still can't criticize them - it was Saturday afternoon and Sunday, and they absolutely did not want to be on Easter Sunday.

18. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, my bad - I thought the Dash were the alternate/backup game for Lifetime that they scheduled in case weather or something else goes bad they have another game to show. As much as I criticize them, my guess is this was foisted on them and they had limited options.

19. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    Limited options? How about, we're delaying the kickoff on the Dash to 4 "to make it a true doubleheader," and if they are intent on sticking with separate ticketing, any fan with a Dash ticket not already a Dynamo ticket holder can present it to attend the Dynamo GA, or take it to the box office and get a free ticket in a low price section for the Dynamo.

Sorry but to me the way this is playing out is uncreative or moneygrubbing.

20. 7seven7

7seven7 Member+

May 5, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i thought it was a good idea to come up with the crawfish bash between games. I have no idea how long they had to plan this or knew in advance, but they at least came up with something and a place for fans to go between games to keep everyone in the area.

in the past i would have expected no ideas so this is a step up for me

MLSNHTOWN repped this.
  21. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I celebrate the small accomplishments in life as well Seven!

7seven7 and MLSNHTOWN repped this.
  22. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
  23. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
  24. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If there's one stat from yesterday the FO should be alarmed by it is this:

Dash Attendance - 4,884
    Dynamo Attendance - 16,125
    Combined Total: 21,009
    BBVA Capacity: 22,000

I know it is a bit of tough date on Easter weekend and the afternoon Dash game a challenge (although it was the opener) but the Dynamo organization could not fill the stadium in a combined manner for its two 1st division teams on the same weekend. And you know with two weeks since the last game they sold it hard with groups and others.

Dynamo have had 4 home games and drawn low 16k twice. That is very low for this early in the season compared to prior years.

25. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Helps if you actually, you know, market. Since their VP of marketing left, they opted to go with a VP of sales instead. Seems like the philosophy is now sell rather than do any actual marketing.