Dynamo Contract Option Day Updates

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Westside Cosmo, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And the Dynamo SJW weenies are all out in force today on twitter. Just everyone remember when defending the alleged victim that if it turns out to be a false allegation then she may have cost us a shot at the MLS Cup Final (maybe Deric saves one of the 1st leg Seattle goals)

2. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    Something tells me you would feel different about this if Tyler Deric was black. :coffee: :D

El Naranja repped this.
  3. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny I don’t recall all of this SJW and Dynamo twitter angst when Cubo dealt with his “problem” in Mexico which was probably a worse allegation with more credibility. Was that because he was Mexican?

No one minded Vernon Maxwell playing for the Rockets and he had some convictions on his record I think (ultimately ended up in jail).

I fully expect the Dynamo FO to cave in and release him now that it got out. I just find it funny no one had a problem with Cubo who was accused of sexual assault (of an underage girl IIRC) - where was the liberal Dynamo fanbase outrage then?

4. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    With Cubo - he had the allegations. Criminal charges were dropped. He returned to Houston in that order. He was already under contract and never signed a new deal.

With Deric, he was out of contract. They signed him to a new lower contract. They did not announce that they had just signed him (cowards) and then are now trying to spin it like some savvy move. Goff outed them. MLS is complicit in creating a new rule allowing Deric not to count on the roster of the Dynamo and there are no indications they are doing any kind of investigation.

I think Deric is likely innocent, but he should have either been re-signed months ago and publicly announced or should not have been re-signed if they can't take the PR hit.

*rey* repped this.
  5. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's because Flavor of the day for SJW is woman empowerment and fighting the oppression of anything that has a penis.

When Cubo dealt with that, I'm sure it was meat is murder, guns are murder or some other uneducated statement like that.

6. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm really not sure about whether or not the charges are based on a false claim.

If you look at the record the same individual charged him with the same type of offense a couple of years ago. The charges were subsequently dismissed after he successfully completed a Pre Trial Intervention Program. That program requires that the defendant accept responsibility for the offense and successfully complete the program. It does not result in a finding of guilt nor is it deferred adjudication.

That particular process took 18 months from start to finish.

Now there are all kinds of reasons why someone would elect to take that route, but it does require an acknowledgement of responsibility. And it won't be available this time around because it can only be use for first time offenders and this is the second go around.

If it goes to trial it's a crap shoot, and while the his atty apparently has a video of her retracting her claims in the previous case and it would be useful in his defense to impeach her testimony in this case, it may not even get in because of his acknowledgement of responsibility in that case. Even so, it looks like the DA is going ahead and I'm going to assume that even though his atty got that admission from her on the last case, it probably wasn't shared with the DA officially (otherwise with a retraction why go with the PTIP)

In short it's a huge mess for someone who is a very talented player and had a bright future perhaps even on the USMNT.