DVDs of WC1970 final, WC1974 final, WC1978 final

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by CharlieBrown, Apr 11, 2005.

1. CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown New Member

Nov 14, 2004
    FL
    Does anybody know where I can buy DVDs of the WC'70 final, or WC'74 final, or WC'78 final? I have all this World Cup finals on tape but throughout the years friends have borrowed the tapes and the quality has deteriorated significantly! I can burn them to DVDs but it would still be of poor quality. I'm sure somebody must sell quality DVDs of world cup games. Does anybody has any info/links? thanks in advance!

2. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Contact a guy called Nick Scurtu. He has a huge collection.

Go to www.geocities.com/nickvideotapes

3. CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown New Member

Nov 14, 2004
    FL
    Thanks for the info! :) Has anybody ever purchased anything from this guy? is his reputation good? are the videos of good quality as he claims? will he really send the videos? after all he only lists a POBox addy.

4. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If you pay the money first, he will send. I bought a VCD off him which had all of the goals from Italia 90 and the VCD was of good quality. There was a section on his website where buyers made comments on the tapes they bought and everybody was very satisfied.

5. Pingudo

Pingudo New Member

Nov 18, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

Is this guy still alive? His website is gone, and he doesn't reply to his emails anymore! Does anybody know of another site that sells DVDs of World Cup finals? Thanks.

6. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
  7. Gregoriak

Gregoriak BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich
    RPVC has a great collection and what's really good about that site is that they have detailed information about the footage quality of the DVDs. Reliable guy.

He has a new address. He is also a reliable dealer.

This guy also has a giant collection of games. Also reliable.

8. Pingudo

Pingudo New Member

Nov 18, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Thank you guys. Since they're from different regions, do you know if the rpvc DVDs will play in North American DVD players?

Do you know which of the 3 have the best quality? ship faster? cheaper?

9. Gregoriak

Gregoriak BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich
    Just e-mail them. Or check out their sites (RPVC has all info on their site, DVDs playing in North American players should not be a problem).