Duvan Zapata

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Clenbuterol, Sep 19, 2011.

1. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Muriel and Zapata each have their deficiencies no doubt about that.
    But they also have solid attributes that can help Colombia depending on the tactics and formations.

dapip and pepinointer repped this.
  2. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Not saying they can’t but it’s a bit alarming for our #2 or big guy up top to have never scored more then 11 goals a season......

Falcaos age is getting up there and think Muriel and Zapata need to step it up.

pepinointer repped this.
  3. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Everything needs context, Zapata has 11 goals and 4 assists in 2000 minutes, so just about a goal every other game. For the 8th place team with his profile that is pretty good, Sampdoria are not a team that creates a ton of chances and Zapata isn't the type of player who can create goals out of nothing, he needs service. He also does much more then just score goals, holds up play and wins a lot of balls which adds up over time.

James plays for Bayern where they are dominating games, you can't take James and stick him on a team half way down the table and expect him to have as many assists. Zapata's numbers for getting into goal scoring chances for the team he's on is actually extremely good. I'd like to see what he could do on a stronger team, and I'd like to see what he can do with extended minutes on the national team (he's played very good the chances he's got).

4. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    James goes to Sampdoria and he will make them a top 3 team instantly. Top 4 team at the worst

5. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pfff is like the first season that dude watch football...... :D

Yes,

That samp excuse is unacceptable when Quagliarella have more goals.....

So according to that theory.....Stuani in Girona is scoring 18 goals, Iaspas in celta 20 are fiction player

Luca Toni was top scorer with Hellas Verona in his retirement season with 24 goals

Belotti scored 26 goals last season

Di Natale was top scorer like 3 times only In Udienese

6. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    That's has nothing to do with the point, of course James would make them better but his stats would suffer. When you are looking at offensive stats like goals and assists the context has to come into play, everything is a function of the team, the players roll and the competition. National teams are often difficult because you are grading players that completely different roles, leagues etc.

Zapata has had a very good season, and has scored goals at a very good rate for the 9th place team in Serie A. Gabriel Jesus isn't a guy who scores a shitload of goals, but his role quite often is to work to make space for wide forwards at City and for Brazil and there is a reason why he starts and is very good for Brazil, not every player is a pure goal scorer have to dig deeper then just the numbers on a page.

dapip repped this.
  7. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    If this was you you'd cry and tag the mods.

Doogs and krass repped this.
  8. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    as always nothing related to football you cant answer me...

jay luis and Froboy69 repped this.
  9. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I agree. :thumbsup:

10. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    when you are right you are right:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

11. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hablen de futbol y respondan el contenido, no trolleos personales ni provocaciones.

Si no tienen argumentos relacionados con futbol por falta de seguimiento o conocimiento, entonces no hablen. pero no se cual es la mania de los ataques personales.

12. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We will worry about replacing Falcao after the WC.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Lo de zapata mas que falta de gol es inconsistencia.

Ayer empezo de suplente por ejemplo....y como dicen para justificar su falta de gol..en un equipo que no es top en italia...

Con la edad que tienen Muriel y Zapata no son los delanteros que quiero para comandar

la excusa de que tienen numeros aceptables para los equipps que han jugado es inaceptable.......estamos hablando de una liga que saca capo capoionneri a jugadores con verona, udinese y tprino en anos recientes.

Pueden ayudar en la seleccion obviamente pero con papeles secundarios...

dapip repped this.
  14. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Zapata is not a natural goal scorer, but he has other useful qualities that Pekerman values. He has played many years in Serie A, that's a big plus. He is also very physical. But his goal statistics should not be defended, they are not good enough. Like pepino said, Quagliarella scores twice as much in the same team.

It's going to be a tough battle between Borja, Zapata and Bacca.

pepinointer repped this.
  15. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Lastima que Borja no las mete con la seleccion, me gusta como se mueve, como encuentra los espacios, pero el bloqueo mental es similar al de Jackson. Ojala en el proximo año surja otro delantero de talla internacional, porque Falcao y Bacca tal vez no aguanten otro ciclo mundialista.

Doogs and pepinointer repped this.
  16. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    El unico que las mete con la seleccion es Falcao. Ne se cuantos goles tiene Bacca but he is very inconcistent con la seleccion. We still don't have a good idea about Borja. He seems to have improved a bit.

dapip and crzdcolombian repped this.
  17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    For me Zapata should go.

The last spot should be between Bacca and Borja....Borja think that should be the smartest option because is in good shape and will me with us in the future.

But bacca is the one, that in a difficult match is the one that i think that is able to win a match with a pass or goal...because of his experience in elite torunaments

Doogs and kromekote repped this.
  18. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Bacca si tuvo una elimiantoria muy incosistnete en cuanto meter goles......pero la gente se olvida que el man participio en jugadas claves y en asistencias, en momentos bien dificiles como el partido en asuncion al ultimo minuto.

Para mi esta salado con la selección pero tiene jerarquia

dapip and Doogs repped this.
  19. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I think for a short tournament (ala WC), this is critical, specially if we go deep in the tournament.

20. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Borja el plus que le veo a diferencia de Jackson es que tiene mas intensidad, no le da miedo embarrarse....Jackson tenia potencia y calidad..pero como que era delicado con que la jugada no fuera limpia.

PD: que triste que hablemos en pasada sobre jackson

21. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If you want Jackson to make a comeback just call him rip.

Borja si tiene intensidad, eso me gusta. Pero si quiere ir al mundial tiene que marcar goles en los proximos partidos. Ya no hay excusas.

22. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't get why Jackson doesn't just cancel his contract already and just come do his recovery in the americas doesn't even matter what country it is. He's like another Zuñiga with his never ending injury year after year

23. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Probably the payday is keeping him from cancelling his contract?

24. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I make it a point not to argue with fools.

25. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Ideally I'd like all 4 to go. Falcao, Zapata, Bacca and Borja and Muriel since he can play wide I'm not even considering in the forwards. I don't know if its feasible, but it really all depends on how Pekerman wants to play, if he mainly wants to go with two forwards then Zapata's profile fits the best, Zapata is a good card to have, so is Bacca if we want to close out a game with the lead Zapata is a good option to have off the bench to hold up possession by himself and press defenders.