Dutch soccer on U.S. tv.

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by JohnA, Aug 7, 2014.

1. JohnA

JohnA Member

May 14, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know if in the U.S. either Gol tv or ESPN Deportes is going to carry the Dutch league this season?
    As of now( August 7th), neither of them have any of the first weekend of Dutch games listed on their websites.

2. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I don't know about GolTV as I let my subscription lapse when they stopped carrying La Liga. ESPN is supposed to be carrying one Dutch game a week, usually on the Internet channel ESPN3. GolTV did carry a match every week or so last year. Other than those two possible sources you are left to finding Internet feeds.

3. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Didn't work for me this past weekend and I really don't know why. I have a super fast Internet connection at home and don't have any problems with down loads and uploads. For some reason this stream and the Sopcast "13th Stream" kept dropping out and stuttering all match long. I hope things change.

http://www.soccer.livesport.tv/leagues?ICID_HOM_TOP_4 carried Dutch matches last year. It's a pay site and they claim to have rights to stream over the Internet. I don't know if they will carry Eredivisie matches this season.

5. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I have no idea, but sometimes when I have problems with buffering I solve it by using the Hola app and pretend being from another country and then things go better. Had that with the United vs LA Galaxy game on the Chevrolet site. Maybe you can pretend to be from Europe or even Netherlands. Not sure it will do something.

6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Thanks, I'll check out the Hola App.

7. JohnA

JohnA Member

May 14, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually prefer to watch the games on my big screen tv, not the internet.
    Does anyone know if ESPN Deportes or Gol tv is carrying the Dutch league this season?

I know that ESPN has the rights in some countries, but as of yet they haven't listed it on any U.S. channel listings, on any of the ESPN stations. It seems weird that if they have it they wouldn't show it.

I am sure with all the junk sports and shows that hardly anyone watches, they could find somewhere and sometime to put it on one of their stations, that shouldn't be that difficult.

It doesn't matter when they show it, what time of day, because like may soccer fans, I have a DVR that I record the games on.

8. onzie77

onzie77 Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    May 18, 2012
    miami
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    espn3 or watch espn app is great, i use a chromecast but you can also use apple tv to stream the game to the tv

9. JohnA

JohnA Member

May 14, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is worth considering.

10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I built a Home Theater PC last year and have a cable card so I get the necessary premium channels that we like to watch. I can stream Internet straight onto the big screen as well as TV and DVDs.

11. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Actually I don't see any Eredivisie matches listed on espn3 this weekend. Looks like they might have lost the rights altogether. :(

12. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    GolTV does not list any matches either but that's not surprising as they are in financial trouble these days and probably did not want to spend the money on Dutch games. They are more focused on South American matches. I guess we are pretty much out of luck.

13. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    GolTV never had eredivisie rights. ESPN just loaned them one game a week in past years. If ESPN did indeed lose the rights, that means golTV also won't be able to show any games.

I think the best hope now is that FOX will buy the rights in the coming months. They have 3 sports channels and barely enough content to fill one channel.

14. Keko

Keko Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Any update on this??

15. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    no

Andrew58 repped this.
  16. Andrew58

Andrew58 New Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    FYI: The Czech match tomorrow (Tuesday) is listed as being shown live on ESPN2 and ESPN Deportes in the United States.

17. RobinVanRobben

May 1, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  18. Oranje Leeuwen

Aug 15, 2013
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Are there any other details about this? ^^

19. Keko

Keko Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    I just found out that this company: https://www.ngsn.com/ is legally broadcasting all games(!) of the Eredivisie. People who live in USA and Canada can subscribe. I have been watching some matches and I was impressed by some outstanding individual performances. From now on, I'll allow myself some time to comment on those games.

20. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    @Keko - This was posted a month ago when the network started up. It's free for the current Eredivisie season and then will be a pay network going forward. The big question is whether they will continue to carry the Eredivisie as these contracts run year to year and the league can sell foreign rights if there is a buyer. they also carry a bunch of other leagues that are of no interest to me. I hope they are successful and that the initial rate is $8US/month which is reasonable IMO. Feeds have been pretty good overall though there the Ajax match of a couple of weeks ago missed the first five minutes.