Dutch players with Indonesian heritage

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by girvie, Jan 10, 2008.

1. girvie

girvie New Member

Jan 6, 2008
    I was wondering which Dutch players who are playing in the Dutch Eredivisie or other top divisions around the world that have parents or grandparents from Indonesia.

Players that i have heard of who have Indonesian heritage are:

John Heitinga - Ajax
    Demy De Zeeuw - AZ Alkmaar
    Jeffrey Altheer - Excelsior
    Giovanni Van Bronkhorst - Feyenoord
    Roy Makaay - Feyenoord
    Michael Mols - Feyenoord
    Jhon Van Beukering - NEC
    Charles Dissels - NEC
    Michael Timiselu - VVV Venlo
    Jason Oost - VVV Venlo
    Robin Van Persie - Arsenal, England
    Wilfred Bouma - Aston Villa, England
    Denny Landzaat - Wigan, England
    Bobby Petta - Adelaide, Australia
    Jeffrey Leiwakabessy - Aachen, Germany (2nd div)
    Jeffrey De Visscher - Aberdeen, Scotland

Also players with Suriname heritage who also have Indonesian heritage:
    Hedwiges Maduro - Ajax
    Sigourney Bandjar - Excelsior
    Delano Hill - Willem II

Also one Belgium player with Indonesian heritage is:
    Radja Nainggolan - Piacenza, Italy (2nd div)

Does anyone know of any other players with Indonesian heritage in the Dutch Eredivisie or other top European leagues?

Also please make any corrections if i've made any mistakes.

2. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    The only ones I'm 100% certain about being of 100% Indonesian heritage are Bobby Petta, Denny Landzaat, Michael Mols and Gio van Bronckhorst. The latter two are actually of Moluccan descent - the Moluccan islands are stil fighting for their independence from Indonesia so I thought I'd mention it. One of Heitinga's parents is Indonesian. Van Persie I believe has an Indonesian grandmother but he also has Surinamese blood.

Often when you think a Dutch player looks of Indonesian descent, what he actually is is Hindustan-Surinam. In colonial times, the Dutch recruited thousands of people from the Indian province of Hindustan to work on the Surinamese plantations. Many people of Hindustan-Surinamese descent have since settled in the Netherlands.

End of the day all of them are as Dutch as Gouda cheese of course.

3. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Interesting thread. Had no idea RVP and Heitinga were of Indonesian decent. If RVP has Suri blood in him than that officially makes me a fanboy of him lol.

4. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    Van Persie also speaks as a Suriboy

5. WerderandFCKfan

WerderandFCKfan New Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Gørlev, Denmark
    Wow, this really comes as a big surprise, i knew that almost all those players werent totally dutch, but i never thought they were of indo.. descent. I thought players like Oost, Bouma, Landzaat were mulattos.

6. FCGrunn

FCGrunn Member

Oct 30, 2007
    Groningen
    Club:
    FC Groningen
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lest we forget: Simon Tahamata!!!!

[​IMG]

7. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Now I have to change my shorts. :D

8. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    Your welcome

9. CoAdriaanse

CoAdriaanse New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    On A Moving Platform
    i dunno from wich part of holland u from, but thats how we talk in rotterdam ;)

10. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Van Persie talks street, basically. Weird mixture of Dutch, Surinamese, Antillian, Moroccan and Turkish slang.

11. CoAdriaanse

CoAdriaanse New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    On A Moving Platform
    Maduro isn't suriname he's Aruban. and i dunno about bouma he has some ebo-features. i thought he was half Antilian.

i dunno who u mean with charles dissels. i only know one, he plays at sparta and has no indo blood for all i know.

of course we also have a coach with indonesian decent. ANDRE WETZEL:p
    i know there are more players with indo-blood, but its hard to tell who exactly.

i think Cocu and Ruud van Nistelrooy have Indonesian heritage.

12. CoAdriaanse

CoAdriaanse New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    On A Moving Platform
    yeah thats how we talk in rotterdam. no turkish thoguh. allot of suriname, little bit of antilian and morrocan. and in rotterdam we throw a little cape-verdian in the mix. :)

13. That's right, there is no Indonesion heritage, as Indonesia only came into existance when the parents of these players were of Dutch nationality as inhabitants of the former Dutch East Indies. It isnot so strange that there are so many, as the number of people that has Dutch Indies roots are about ten percent of the population. You also cannot distinguish them from "normal" Dutch by looking at them as the big(ger) part of them are blond and blue, green or grey eyed. The Moluccan are a special case, as they declared an independent state, that was overrun by the Indonesion state. So they had no nationality when they arrived in the Netherlands. But they too are of Dutch indies origin, and not Indonesian!!!

14. pablo85

pablo85 Member

Jul 22, 2007
    I found this topic by accident but I have to say there are Surinamese players with Indonesian background.
    There are many people in Suriname from Javanese descent!
    Many Surinamese people are mixed, but they look like they are from African descent, but they have a little bit of Chinese eyes, and a Chinese last name or some Portugese, Jewish or Dutch blood or Javanese in them. Like Humberto Tan has I Chinese last name but he doesn't look Chinese.

The players of Indonesian descent in Holland almost all have Dutch blood in them, the rich Dutch people there had Indonesian women.
    The Moluccan players are often more 'pure blooded' they often were soldiers for the Dutch Indonesian Army in exchange for getting an independent Maluku (which they never got), but also sometimes they have some Portugese blood or some other.

15. pablo85

pablo85 Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Moluccan descent:

* Simon Tahamata
    * Giovanni van Bronckhorst
    * Denny Landzaat
    * Michael Timisela
    * Sonny Silooy
    * Jos Luhukay
    * Bobby Petta
    * Bart Latuheru
    * Levi Risamasu
    * Ignacio Tuhuteru

* Jordao Pattinama
    * Jeffrey Leiwakabessy

Indonesian descent (Indo's)
    * Irfan Bachdim
    * Giovanni van Bronckhorst
    * John Heitinga
    * Jason Oost
    Of course there are more with Indonesian blood, but you can't tell by face and name...

[FONT=&quot]Surinamese-Javanese descent:[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Can't tell, maybe the world class players have some Indonesian blood in them buth the black skin dominates. By name I can only name[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot] Marciano Kastoredjo, Sigourney Bandjar, Raymond Soeroredjo (all young, not very skilled players)[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

16. de Kromme

de Kromme Member

Jan 26, 2009
    Burbville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

Yeah! Mr. 60 minutes-and-fininshed (at least that's what I recall my uncle always saying!) Fond memories of him. :D

17. jallo

jallo Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Club:
    Henan Jianye
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

Yes Humberto Tan-A-Kiam has Chinese descents , Tan A Kiam is the full name of his furfather who was the first one arrived Suirname

Do you know any other Indo's-Dutch player has Chinese descents ? thanks !!! I think Mols has Chinese descent but i dont have any proof ,,,he has a Chinese face ..