News: Dutch players at home and abroad worthy to be tracked in connection with the Dutch NT - Part 4

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    On a concerning note Memphis Depays form at Lyon has been grabbing the headines. His out of form has led to him being relegated and off the bench appearances. Missed the penalty vs Monaco which they lost the match 2-0 and his goal drought continues since november last year.

This is not a good sight especially when they had a good outings in nations league. Whats concerning here is how the other teams or their players are developing with respective to their performances to date compared to that of NT players and whether they will go into the england game with the same furiousity as in the pool game or not.

There has being alot of videos dowloaded on youtube on how the teams will line up in the euros and looking at some of the teams and the performance of their players at club level, you have to admit they are fast improving and if the current trend for NT continues , the euro 2016 failure could yet again be on the horizon especially in the second round when there was drastic decline in the player performance after hiddink took over. Van dijk most probably is the only player who is showing consistency and in form at the moment. The rest its wait and see game.

https://youtu.be/q8d8ate_Dpc

https://youtu.be/44Fsa6KMPmk

https://youtu.be/zWfxswMATgk

There are some players that are out of position and some might not feature but most of the teams are looking good in context to player club performance. I highly rate the portguese and the italians

2. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  3. Stealing a word joke I saw on another soccer site:
    Orange team is voor Kenneth niet Ver meer:p:D:ROFLMAO:

4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    This is total nonsense. Other than the time Blind put de Ligt in the NT starting lineup as a 17 year old, he has done a decent enough job especially with van Dijk as his partner. His play for Ajax in all the Champions League games has been of high quality. The Real Madrid supporters on Big Soccer wanted their club to sign him after the match in Amsterdam. The only way we will know if de Ligt can play at top Euro level is to see him go to a team that consistently challenges for championships, which of course Ajax already do. Maybe he should stay put!!:D

5. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Virgil with 2 goals today

6. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Its time to look at nathan Ake again.Arsenal 5-1 and city 1-0 but was a towering figure at the back. I havent checked the stats but he could well be bournemouths best player. I think a move to a bigger club will only expose his highest quality if there is case to answer. On a day if De ligt is not avaliable. Ake should partner van dijk.

I would rate ake above de vrij at this point in time.

7. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ake is much faster than deVrij, but he doesnt have the NT experience that Stefan has

8. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    TBH that argument is big crap. If you make that point of argument then why De ligt and not De Vrij.this is the same sentiment that has seen Blind lagging at that LB position when everyone knows in a long run he will always drag the team down. Its high time this mentality goes down the grave and they start thinking outside of the box.

This was the same approach in u21s when hendrix and Riedewald were prefered to Ake because he was still at u21 level at chelsea and going out on loans. Look at where hendrix and riedewald are with par to Ake now. This became a turnig point in his career and should the coaches would have utilized him at DM, it could have being another story today.

9. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You're basically saying experience doesnt count for much, and I have to disagree with that

10. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    You have to look at the bigger picture here. De vrij has already hit his prime and is not going to get any better while Ake is still young and has yet to reach his full potential? playing exceptionally in a tougher league.In this type of situation, I think its more comes down to mathematics than just looking at experience. Who would wiser to invest in, in long run.

You look at Van Dijk, how he came from behind to surpass De Vrij and Veltman who were both riding in the front seat with the hase tag " more experience". what van dijk clearly had was potential grow big and even though his stats at groningen proved it but it was a no case to answer because Groningen is Groningen. Well how often we see a player outside of big three get a nod in NT.

Again coming back to De ligt. First few games for NT like Van Dijk was nervous, made blunders but after that he picked up and has become a starter.

I think Ake would be same. you look at Ake, he has looked good in every game he has played for NT and you cant deny the fact that the more he plays, the more he will get better.

I think de vrij has to be straight sub for van dijk because thats where his experience would come in handy. Van Dijk- De Iigt, Van Dijk -Ake, De Vrij- De ligt, De Vrij - Ake , if situations calls for it. This pairings could well bloster the backup options at most.

11. Interesting article on a dual national:
    https://www.tubantia.nl/heracles/ou...noemd-bij-oranje-maar-is-toch-duits~a84cee02/
    [​IMG]
    PREMIUM
    Robin Gosens scoorde afgelopen zondag voor Atalanta Bergamo in het duel tegen Fiorentina. © BSR Agency
    Oud-Heraclied Robin Gosens wordt genoemd bij Oranje, maar is toch Duits?

ENSCHEDE - De voorlopige selecties voor de nationale ploegen zijn deze week bekend gemaakt. Robin Gosens (24) komt er nog niet in voor, toch wordt zijn naam steeds vaker genoemd bij Oranje. Apart, want de speler van Atalanta Bergamo is Duits, toch?

Fardau Wagenaar 08-03-19, 09:12

Deze week werd je in de Nederlandse media oranje-kandidaat genoemd. Heeft bondscoach Ronald Koeman al gebeld?

„Nee, zijn assistenten hebben me een paar keer zien spelen bij Atalanta Bergamo, omdat ze naar Hans Hateboer en Marten de Roon kwamen kijken, maar ik heb niets gehoord. Het zou natuurlijk een enorme eer zijn als hij me belt. Eigenlijk is het absurd dat ik die vraag krijg: vijf jaar geleden was ik nog niet eens profvoetballer.’’

Maar hoe zit het nou: je bent toch een Duitser?

„Ik heb twee paspoorten, mijn vader is Nederlander. Tot mijn achttiende had ik alleen een Duits paspoort. Ik speelde bij Dordrecht en de bondscoach van Jong Oranje informeerde bij mijn zaakwaarnemer of hij me kon selecteren. Toen heb ik een Nederlands paspoort aangevraagd en kon ik voor beide landen spelen. Ik ben uiteindelijk niet voor Jong Oranje uitgekomen. Ik gebruik altijd mijn Duitse paspoort, omdat ik daarmee ben opgegroeid. Vandaar dat veel mensen het niet weten, denk ik. Maar ik heb mijn Nederlandse pas al netjes verlengd in ’s Heerenberg, daar wonen mijn ouders vlakbij.”

Je hebt ook bij Vitesse en Heracles gespeeld en spreekt vloeiend Nederlands. Je bent ook vaak aangezien voor een Nederlander. Maar hoe zit het: wat voel je je?

„Niet alleen Duits, maar half half. Ik heb twee nationaliteiten en dat voelt ook zo. Ik ben 500 meter van de grens opgegroeid, in Emmerich. Thuis spraken we Duits, dus ik heb pas Nederlands geleerd toen ik hier ging voetballen. Ik ken de cultuur, ik spreek de taal en heb een hele sterke band met Nederland. Als ik gevraagd zou worden voor Oranje en het wordt realiteit, dan ga ik daar natuurlijk over nadenken. Ik denk dat als er een van de twee bondscoaches belt, ik de telefoon uit mijn handen laat vallen.”

Lees verder onder de foto.

[​IMG]
    Robin Gosens scoorde afgelopen zondag voor Atalanta Bergamo in het duel tegen Fiorentina. © EPA
    Ben je in beeld bij de nationale ploeg van Duitsland?

„Dat weet ik niet zeker, maar mijn statistieken als linkerverdediger zijn erg goed, al vind ik dat een beetje raar om over mezelf te zeggen. Laat ik het zo zeggen: ik kan me voorstellen dat ze me volgen.’’

Vind je zelf dat het tijd wordt voor oproep van een van beide landen?

„Waarom niet? Ik heb de afgelopen twee jaar grote stappen gemaakt. Ik speel vrijwel elke week in de basis in de Serie A, een van de grootste competities en in een team dat het goed doet. Italianen zijn emotioneler dan wij en beginnen er regelmatig over. Zij vinden dat ik het op basis van mijn spel verdien om voor een land uit te komen. Welk land maakt ze niet uit.”

Twee jaar geleden speelde je nog in Almelo: het is behoorlijk hard gegaan met je.

„Ja echt hè? Het was een grote stap. De eerste drie maanden was het ook enorm wennen voor me. Je verstaat de mensen niet, je kent niets en echt alles is anders. Maar ik kon me steeds beter redden, leerde de taal, begon daardoor de trainer beter te begrijpen en begon me ook naast het veld ook thuis te voelen. Mijn naam werd groter en ik werd belangrijker in de groep. Ik begon steeds meer vooruitgang te boeken. Ik heb heel even een mindere tijd gehad, maar nu gaat het weer lekker. Dat voelt erg prettig.”

En zo komt het dat je naam afgelopen transferperiode opdook bij Borussia Dortmund, de koploper in de Bundesliga. Hoe zit dat?

„Het stond in de krant en ja: dat deed wel wat met me. Het is mijn grote droom om in de Bundesliga te spelen. Als je dan in verband wordt gebracht met zo’n grote club, dan laat je dat bepaald niet koud.”

[​IMG]

Robin Gosens scoorde afgelopen zondag voor Atalanta Bergamo in het duel tegen Fiorentina. © BSR Agency

12. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    he is more a wing back rather than fullback. Atalanta Bergamo primarily deploy 3-4-3 and if yopu look at other options for wingbacks then Sinkgraven, Vilhnea, Buttner and Van annholt could well be in the mix as well. on the other hand looking at Asensios case and the fact that there is need to get somebody young and upcoming to rotate at LB, he could be case for to be tried out.

13. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Morocco hoping to take Ihattaren from Netherlands
    http://www.football-oranje.com/moro...sThmpKuQof0DWeIlgN1yUDFLk6civVVc0wAEPzU0CLJLU

14. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
  15. That Moroccan FA, that whole country is such a bunch of losers. Can't put together a team of their own making. How many in that "national" Moroccan team are de facto from Morocco itself?
    They call their team the "Atlas lions":rolleyes:.
    Most of the players even don't know that mountain range from their holidays.
    It's more the scrambled together mercenaries.

16. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Idrissi recently switched to Morocco as well. Unlike Ihattaren it doesn't sound like he's that promising. Mind you Ihattaren hasn't made a decision. Still Holland's track record regarding Dutch talents with Moroccan roots is worrying. The Moroccan NT already has a sizeable contingent of players born in Holland. Hard to tell why they prefer Morocco over Holland.

So Morocco's "bring back our boys" campaign started in 2014, Ziyech being their biggest coup to date. I can imagine Morocco using/have used Ziyech to convince the likes of Mazraoui or Ihattaren to join them instead.

17. Wilders/Baudet telling they donot belong here? Using something they have no say in (they cannot reject their Moroccan passport/nationality) as a means of punishment hanging over them by stripping them of the Dutch nationality they were born with in case of crimes?

18. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel Member+

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    They're just traitors. They're traitors and they are free riders.

What we should do is that they sign a contract to play for Oranje, simple as that. If not, then they will be forced to drop out of the football academies. They will not be enrolled. Expelling family members (who are probably for 100% on state benefits in many cases) might do as well.

No, I'm not a Wilders voter or whatever but this is absurd. They and their families benefit from our interdependent economy, our welfare state, our state sponsored amateur clubs (that's where their career starts). Amateur clubs that belong among the best equipped in the world and are undoubtedly better than the amateur scene of many European countries (Britain, Italy for ex.).

And what are they doing? After leeching on the under-17, under-19 club and orange teams they show the middle finger. Can't make it nicer than it is.

19. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    I think Ihattaren stays with Oranje. He has always played for Holland and I have a feeling they will give him a chance early to lock him up. Playing with Frenkie is also quite the appeal

20. Mmmm, didnot someone tell VvD the forest fruits dyed hair dude only in the Orange team should be assisted?
    [​IMG]
    Ryan Babel tekent voor de 1-1 na de fout van Virgil van Dijk. © BSR Agency

Van Dijk, zo bewierookt dit seizoen, speelde bij de tegentreffer een negatieve hoofdrol. De aanvoerder van het Nederlands elftal verwachtte dat doelman Alisson zou ingrijpen bij een diepe bal. De Braziliaanse doelman bleef staan waarna Van Dijk de bal te zacht terug kopte. Ryan Babel had dit doorzien en benutte het buitenkansje: 1-1

Sell him now before his value crashes!!!

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  21. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    DeVrij scored today in the Milan derby

22. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    If they are not 100% committed to Oranje then I dont want them in our NT. Let them piss off to Morocco, Tunisia or Turkey for all I care. They will only get to play in a world cup maybe once every 2 decades or so

23. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    What about xavi Simons. They dutch might start a war if he chooses spain.