News: Dutch players at home and abroad worthy to be tracked in connection with the Dutch NT - Part 4

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    I can't believe people are actually trying to make a case for Dost. The guy was absolutely awful every time in a Dutch jersey. So glad I never have to see him in Oranje again

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  2. Well, the alternative tactics we executed were very successful indeed, wasnot it?
    If plan A doesnot work, in my eyes it's rather stupid to continue on that path, instead of looking at the alternative and make a plan to use the only goal scoring man we had to his strength.
    Again I ask the big question, how successful was the non Dost route, or with him the non Dost adjusted tactics route?
    Not so great, so to stick to a track proven unsuccessful isnot a sign of great insight in our available players qualities.
    Remember in those failed runs players like Depay, Promes just werenot up to the task or simply mentally unfit for the Orange team.
    The moment the rest come up to the level needed to play winning matches without Dost is the right time to take another route. But up till now the stubbourness has costed us two tournements. That's stupid.

Orange14 repped this.
  3. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    And if you are planning and building your team around Dost you are no better off. You build a team around elite players, Dost is not that.

The last few years have shown how little talent the Dutch have as a whole. Building the team around Dost wasn't going to make them a contender. We all know that

4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I disagree with your post. Dost was not effective because he was not properly used. Nobody says that the NT should focus on Dost going forward only that it was an error not to adapt the strategy to make use of his abilities.

5. First things first..Qualifying for tournements is the first priority. We never were building for the future team in those matches. How could we as the material for that proces wasnot available at all or too young and without much Eredivisie, let alone top clubs flying hours....It's like your blaming Dost for the failures, which is ridiculous.

6. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Not entirely true, we are currently building one of the strongest defenses in the world.

Ironic, since we're not known for defending

7. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    All we need now is an Italian trainer skilled in employing catenaccio as a strategy!!!!

8. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yeah that, and a midfield of Pirlo plus a Del Pierro up front.......LOL

Orange14 repped this.
  9. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Depay scored yesterday in a 5-2 win

10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Cillessen with a couple of nice saves and a clean sheet as Barca easily win the Copa del Rey over Sevilla 5-0

wilson00 repped this.
  11. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    His over head kick for coutinhos assist to Suarez was abslotely spectacular.

12. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I couldn't believe that one. Cillessen needs to find a good club where he can be the #1 keeper but he may just be happy to keep playing at Barca and picking up a nice paycheck. I wonder if either Madrid team might come calling for him?

13. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    deVrij with another goal from a corner today

14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He needs to find a better club.

15. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Let's be clear. The options were not what we did vs. build the team around Dost. That's very narrow minded. Dost scores a lot because he's a decent finisher in a bad league playing for their best team.

There were many different routes we could have gone. Our management has been terrible but no, anyone that watches football can see that Dost was never the answer.

16. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Orange14 repped this.
  17. Brilliant Dutch and Orange14 repped this.
  18. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    ^^^ Perhaps it is time for a thread where you can put in a couple of Greatest 11 for Netherlands (2 teams, First team and second team) and then the Greatest 11 for the clubs (Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord...). Sneijder will make my Greatest 11 Second team.

19. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^^^ Sneijder would be up there for sure :thumbsup:

20. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Memphis Depay with one goal and one assist this past weekend... so his tally this season is 16 goals and 12 assists in 33 league appearances. Not too shabby for a player who was written off after a disastrous spell at Man Utd.

21. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^The food in Lyon is much superior to that in Manchester. I think this is the big reason for the better performance!!;)

22. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Not just the food, the women are much prettier too. England is one of the worst countries in Europe when it comes to female beauty

23. Oh dear... you're in trouble now:devilish: I forwarded you post to the English wife of my nephew:sneaky: She wanted to go after Ruud Gullit when he made a kind of similar remark when he was coaching Newcastle(?).

24. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    vAanholt scored today

25. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member