News: Dutch players at home and abroad worthy to be tracked in connection with the Dutch NT - Part 4

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Wijnaldum with another poor game as Liverpool got thrashed by 5-0 by City. We can't emulate or look up to mediocrity like Liverpool who are still Scrubs at the European League. Probably will go out in the CHL Group. They are good for run & kick against low level EPL teams it seems.

2. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    This is fundamentally wrong. Liverpool lost no game against the top 6 teams last year. This year they beat easily Arsenal and Hoffenheim (who just beat Bayern 2-0).
    Indeed Wijnaldum did not see the ball yesterday.

3. Well, the only moments I noticed where the ball was, were the moments they had to pick it up from the goal.;)

4. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Do you guys even watch EPL? Liverpool were just as good and dangerous in the 36 minutes leading up to Mane's stupid red card. Any team playing 10 men for 60 minutes against Pep's City is going to get scored on. Why even bother trolling? Maybe you noticed last season when Wijnaldum was MotM when they beat City? Or many of the other big performances he had against the top 6 last season.

That's only the 2nd loss in over 20 games against the top 6 teams in the PL since 2015 for Liverpool, lol, and it was with 10 men, their 2nd choice CBs, and no Coutinho.

They're going to do well in Europe. They're set up to.

Sybe Pals and Orange14 repped this.
  5. This would be great if realized:
    [​IMG]
    Liverpool denkt naast Van Dijk aan nóg een Oranje-stopper
    woensdag 13 september 2017 om 17:57

Virgil van Dijk is niet de enige Nederlandse verdediger die op het verlanglijstje van Liverpool staat. De Premier League-topclub houdt ook de situatie van Stefan de Vrij in de gaten. Het contract van de stopper van SS Lazio loopt in de zomer van 2018 af. Er is nog altijd geen overeenstemming bereikt over een nieuwe verbintenis. (Corriere dello Sport)

6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Mike van der Hoorn had a good match for Swansea against Spurs this afternoon.

7. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Klaassen isnt even starting for Everton anymore

8. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    This surprises you?

Keko repped this.
  9. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014

The Boss. Best dutch player at the moment in my opinion. He got beaten on the first parisian goal but that was against a fresh player and it was his only bad moment in the game...Neymar had to switch to the right side after the first half.

Oranje98 and Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  10. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    How we best utilize Tete? At RB, we have got Karsdorp who is pace, technicality wise a good RB. How about switching to a 3-5-2 odd formation like in the WC?

Depay Robben
    Promes
    Blind Vilhena/Stroot Wijanldum Karsdorp
    De Vrij Van Dijk Tete

I think Tete will do well in a man 3 CB formation

wilson00 repped this.
  11. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He took a risk there, because if tackle is a microsecond late its a penalty

12. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    It is possible, yes. But considering the lack of good LB's, I would also give him a shot there with the current 4-3-3. Since he's more relying on tackles than on passing/attacking, I believe he can also be good there. And Blind shouldn't be untouchable, especially now that his father is gone.

13. Oranje98

Oranje98 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think the major problem with the current Oranje is the midfield. so I would play 3-4-3 formation.
    I also think we have good wing-backs, who would be average if played as fullbacks.

3-4-3 will allow this team to make a good use of the good defenders we have, and the good wing-backs and the forwards.

cillessen

de vrij van dijk blind

tete/karsdoorp de roon ginkel/de beek willems/buttner

robben/promes jansen/babel memphis/elia

I think these are the best performing dutch players currently.

14. Oranje98

Oranje98 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Does anyone have an idea why Kongolo is not even on the bench for Monaco? is he injured?

15. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    His first games as a LB were quite mediocre. He doesn't belong there anyway, he is too rigid for playing on a side, just like Fosuh Mensah.

As a CB he will have to fight for his spot with Monaco, it won'it be easy.

Oranje98 repped this.
  16. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Tete owing Neymar !

Oranje98 repped this.
  17. I was under the impression Amrabat already was capped by Morocco! Hope he has watched how Zyech was treated by Morocco (and forgets how we bungled it:D):

'Oranje en Marokko hopen op Amrabat'
    woensdag 20 september 2017 06:33 86.450 keer bekeken 389 reacties Pro Shots

Sofyan Amrabat moet op korte termijn een keuze maken tussen Marokko en Oranje, omdat zowel Marokko als Nederland hem volgens De Telegraaf graag zouden inlijven als international.

Amrabat heeft voor Marokko slechts één vriendschappelijke interland afgewerkt en heeft daarom nog de keuze tussen Marokko en Nederland: na de eerste officiéle interland voor ofwel Nederland ofwel Marokko is de keuze pas definitief. De voorkeur van Amrabat lijkt uit te gaan naar Oranje.

Net als Nederland moet ook Marokko de laatste twee kwalificatiewedstrijden winnen om nog kans te maken om het WK van 2018 te halen. De vraag blijft voorlopig welke van de twee landen het meest doortastend zal blijken wat betreft het inlijven van Sofyan Amrabat.

18. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^^^ I hope he's a holding midfielder because he has yet to score a goal in 44 eredivisie matches

19. Keko

Keko Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Yes, he is, and a good one.

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  20. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Seems like the Dutch NT didn't have too much lucks with the Dutch-Moroccan kids since the days of Boulah/Afellay. The last two in the NT, Maher and El Ghazi (I heard he is trying to switch to Morocco?) were particularly total busts. Any early indication if and why Amrabat could be a trend reversal?

21. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Depay is not in the Lyon squad for the league game against Dijon. This is due to his recent mediocre performances.

Some people here thought he would be the superstar in Lyon and make another big transfer within few years, well that won't be the case...He is still too irregular and messy with the ball. I can't see his career going up, I see it going down. Next step will be Turkey or some Crystal Palace maybe...

Our offensive talents are very mediocre.

22. Dunno if he's in for an Orange choice, but he's very level headed, strong and determined with good technical abilities.
    Someone recently sighed at the thought of having an Orange midfield composed of El Ahmadi, Amrabat and Zyech.

23. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    What would you do with Wijnaldum then ? :mad:

24. Ballenjongen?:D

25. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team: