News: Dutch players at home and abroad worthy to be tracked in connection with the Dutch NT - Part 4

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    van Dijk is far superior to Martins Indi who is prone to mental mistakes that lead to goals. van Dijk is far superior to any of the central defenders currently playing for Liverpool.

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  2. cuppatea

cuppatea Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Liverpool
    That's reassuring. Thank you.

3. :eek:
    No, he isnot.:whistling:

4. Well, that's not a high standard:rolleyes:

5. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Who is better??

6. De Vrij. And in a year Kongolo.

7. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    No Feyenoord bias there or anything, huh?? :laugh:

8. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Its a heck of a lot higher then Lazio

9. Glad you noticed.:)

10. Mmmm, dunno if you have watched some hilarious pool matches, from a defensive point of view. For two years now since Klopp is in charge the negligence in improving the defense has been a major obstacle for being a title challenger.

11. Would you rate Robben with the standard of the other players of the Orange attack?

12. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think you missed my point. Its a lot harder to defend in EPL then it is in Serie A. So therefore I have to say vDijk is the better defender until deVrij moves to England and proves himself there

Orange14 repped this.
  13. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I do not agree with that reasoning. What are your arguments? I often see Premier League defenders, yet over-rated, making amateur tactical mistakes. I do not see a better defender than Chiellini, Bonnucci or Manolas in the Premier League

14. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    But I agree on one point, Van Dijk seems to me slightly better than De Vrij

15. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    My argument is the pace in the English league is a lot faster than Serie A right now.

Trying to defend when the ball moves around twice as fast is a lot harder

16. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    am still not convinced. The good barometer is the Champions League. The defenders of the big teams of the English championship (Cahill, Koscielny, Smallin, Stones, Lovren, Otamendi and others) are far from being among the best.

17. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Thats because its a lot easier to make mistakes in a tougher league facing tougher opposition.

Again, until guys like Chielllini or deVrij prove themselves in a much tougher league like EPL, you cant really gauge how good they are.

And btw, Chiellini sucked in WC2014

18. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Only until you get out of the group stages IMO.

After that I'd say you're mostly correct

19. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Let me use an example, Gervinho couldnt hold a starting job for Arsenal.
    He's then transferred to Roma and plays like a superstar.

That tells me the defending in Serie A is 2nd rate compared to EPL.
    And that can make guys like Chiellini or deVrij appear a bit better than they really are.

Now I'm not saying deVrij couldn't eventually become world-class, because I believe he can. But until he proves himself (and gains experience) in England there's no way to tell for sure.

Anyways, thats just my humble opinion. I could be wrong

20. Yes you are:)

21. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This is indeed true I think De Vrij will find it going tough in epl. I have been folliwing lazio because of both Hoedt and De Vrij. They always get pinned when playing a high line of defense especially with quality strikers. for example Edin Zneko (Roma) and Higuan Juventus. You know you could play a high line of defense with Zneko but with Higuan its better to stay low and tacted becuse he is more explosive. This has been the highlight of goals considered against them at lazio. When they play a high line of defense Immobile gets serviced well and they score more goals other wise immobile has to drop low in defense when the defense not playing a high line of defense and hence there is no movement up front.

22. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #5247 wilson00, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    This is indeed true I think De Vrij will find it going tough in epl. I have been folliwing lazio because of both Hoedt and De Vrij. They always get pinned when playing a high line of defense especially with quality strikers. for example Edin Dzeko (Roma) and Higuan Juventus. You know you could play a high line of defense with Dzeko but with Higuan its better to stay low and tacted becuse he is more explosive. This has been the highlight of goals considered against them at lazio. With weaker teams they play a high line of defense and hence Immobile gets serviced well and they score more goals while with stronger teams they are forced to play further back with immobile having to drop deep hence there is no movement up front.this is one of the reason why no team has being topple Juventus in serie A from the title. When you play high line of defense with low speed defenders, you simply get pinned especially when you have strikers like Higuan and Dybala playing for you. This has also being the highlight of Per Mertesacker ( Arsenal) and Martin Demichelis (Man City) in so many decisive games in champions league where they had to pay the price for playing high line of defense with quality strikers on the other side.

Apart from this Fedrico Fazio and
    Vlad Chiricheș were both flops at spurs but now are doing exceptionally well at napoli and roma .
    Also Eliaquim Mangala was signed by Man city on the back of his performance at porto and being rated as being one of the best defenders in europe but failed to live up to expectation in PL.All this goes on to show the difference in the competition level in diffetent league.

23. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I said this eariler sometime back about how Ruud Vormer has had a overwhelming last season at Club Brugge. Though they boombed out of the Champion league without winning a single game but still his performance has not gone unnoticed. He was used all over the park and now his has been appointed the captain of the beligan side for the new season.

Clearly this guy is late blossomer and needs to be given a second chance. I still remember feyenoordsoccerfan said something about him being a flop while he was at feyenoord and should not be given a second chance but as it happened He was overlooked by koeman for clasie, Immers and Vilhnea in the midfield and he moved to club brugge to get regular playing time. I think it has paid of for him and he derseves a shot in NT. Clasie moved to southampton but his development has consistently being hampered there by injuries.Immers is done.right now I would defintely put him above vilhnea given his individual performance at club brugge and him being apointed the captain goes to show how integral he is to the team.

24. Think you remember wrong.