News: Dutch players at home and abroad worthy to be tracked in connection with the Dutch NT - Part 4

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    [​IMG]

For me I would say:

Cillessen
    Tete - de Vrij - BMI - Blind
    Ake
    Wijnaldum - Strootman
    Robben - Memphis - Promes
    Although if Sneijder is healthy and playing well he could fit in somewhere also...maybe at Ake's spot to act as a regista.

Though I think he likes the 4-2-3-1 which could be interesting. Maybe:

Tete - de Vrij - BMI - Blind
    Wijnaldum - Strootman
    Wobben - Sneijder - Promes
    Memphis​

2. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Won't likely to happen under Dick who doesn't seem to have the appetite to try something different and throw a wrinkle... but 4-2-3-1 would be indeed an interesting set up. The key would be to give Wijnaldum the freedom to roam forward (as opposed to double-axis in Nigel De Jong and Mark Van Bommel in Van Marwijk's era).

3. I enjoyed watching that young AZ kid play and tear FC Utrecht apart. He already did it to FC Groningen in the play off too. One to keep an eye on.

4. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Yes I noticed him too. His name is Calvin Stengs. He looks very good. But let's leave him alone. The last young players we talked about have all flopped.
    Van Overeem is also pretty good. An elegant player.

5. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The Europa League Technical Committee named de Ligt to the all tournament team. I would not start him on the NT right now but I suspect he will be an outstanding defender.

6. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    So long as he can stay away from serious injuries deLigt will not flop

Rinus127 repped this.
  7. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I did not think of De Ligt, Kluivert, Nouri and the others but rather Boetius, Achahbar, Rekik, Sinkgraven, Maher, etc ....;)

8. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    looks like kevin stengs is making headlines for AZ. good talent also at 18. could be a break out season for him next season especially if AZ makes it europa.

9. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    agreed. let's also don't forget about maher.

10. About JPB I hear good things in Belgium. Hope he gets back on his feet again and then deliver on his promising start a few seasons ago.

11. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    I am more worried about De Light being snatched by a rich club and rotting on the bench. I hope he takes some time to mature in Eredivisie before going abroad. I am actually a big fan of a young player moving to a "stepping stone" club vs. going to mega club where spotlights are bright and cruel. Case in points are De Vrij (Lazio), Van Dijk (S'oton) and Wijnaldum (N'castle).

12. I guess he has seen how a career goes when riping in the Eredivisie (de Vrij, van Dijk) and when leaving too early (Bruma). And he seems to me a chap with a lot of sense in his head, so I donot think there's reason to be worried.
    Demmit, if he went it would be easier to become champs again;)

13. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I want de Ligt to stay for five more years.

14. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Same boring squad but I didn't expect anything...Ake is an interesting DM potentially but he is called as CB and he'll probably make minutes as CB. Hoedt is an average defender and De Ligt, while being exceptionnal with Ajax, shouldn't be in the selection imo after his very poor first game. Give him a break.
    In other words the CB's pair De Vrij-BMI looks the most logical and the "best", which is quite disturbing since I have a lot of bad memories with this pair...But Van Dijk and Bruma are missing so it's forgivable.
    The LB's options are quite boring ones. Blind is Blind, which means not a lot of attack with him, and Viergever had poor games with Ajax as LB recently. Making stupid and agressive fouls that deserved red cards.

9 midfielders on the list. Is De Roon really interesting for NT ? I'm not sure. Propper has been bad everytime he wore the oranje shirt... Toornstra and Vilhena deserve a lot of playing time considering their season, even if I don't really rate the second one. Ramselaar is a cool player but he didn't play a lot as a midfielder this season if I'm not mistaken so I don't know if he'll get minutes or not.

Nothing new in the attack line. Berghuis is not a nice name to have on your list but he has been doing quite good with Feyenoord lately.

I think things will get more interesting and spicy next season. If things happen realistically, Klaassen will leave Ajax and let his spot to Van de Beek who can make NT quite quick if he performs good. Maybe in october for example.

Nouri, Kluivert, Bergwijn can make it depending on if they get a starting spot with their club or not.

15. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I have to agree with deVrij-BMI as CB's, but that's only because vDijk is injured

16. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    And I wanna date Angelina Jolie

17. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Nothing is impossible. I wanted to date Cindy Crawford and did just that!!!

upload_2017-5-27_8-5-55.jpeg

18. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Hhhhmm..... the bow tie needs to go, but other than that you two make a pretty good couple

19. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    No way, real men wear bow ties!!!

BaritoPutra repped this.
  20. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Fiorentina have signed Jay Roy Grot after NEC Nijmegen was relegated from Eredivise. Ferdi Kadioglu is also being linked to Besiktas

adri repped this.
  21. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
  22. curbo

curbo Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Orange14 repped this.
  23. adri

adri Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I kind of like what I saw of Grot this season, but Kevin Dijks time in Florence recently makes me a bit apprehensive about this move.

24. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    both are still young and loaning out will be first option which is also in the pipe line for Grot.

in diks case, he was up against the inform Federico Bernardeschi and with Fiorentina deploying 3-5-2 formation it was always going to be huge ask for Kevin to get starting spot straight away.

25. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I saw him play twice against Olympique Lyon. He was dangerous and stirring. Dost and De Jong are stakes. Babel is a mobile player, much better armed technically.