News: Dutch players at home and abroad worthy to be tracked in connection with the Dutch NT - Part 4

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You're stating the obvious. Its not just MF, but also our forwards arent world class (aside from Robben). Whats weird is we now seem to be producing an abundance of really good defenders, when in the past defense was our weak point

Orange14 repped this.
  2. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Van Dijk, De Vrij, BMI, Hoedt should the CB selection with De Ligt just knocking the doors & should be in the expanded 30-35 man odd selection. With De Vrij out, De Ligt should be considered (right footed), otherwise I would look at St. Juste too.

And Kluivert should in the 30-35 man squad & should get to train with them, it would make him a better player. There is no use investing time in Lens or Berghuis. Toornstra is the player I want to see tried in mid-field, the guy deserves a fair shot !

Having said Ajax have a chance to win the EL vs MU & play in CHL & they have an exciting group of youngsters, some of whom will be the future of the NT !

3. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    good to see Locadia and Van Ginkel back. there were often sidelined due to injury come selection time.

4. That's called evolution. To adapt to the world class strikers our defending kids had to evolve into better defenders and so put the strikers at a disadvantage, which in turn had a backward influence on our attacking qualities. So now it's waiting until the strikers evolved to adapt to the better defenders and we're back in business again.
    You need a glass of jenever to get it:D

5. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think I will need more than just one glass for that theory to make sense :unsure:

6. It's called spiritual enlightenment:)

7. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Netherlands VS Netherlands. It's ridiculous
    [​IMG]
    Ziyech terug in selectie Marokko voor duel met Oranje

Hakim Ziyech is opgenomen in de selectie van Marokko voor het duel met Oranje. De Ajacied ontbrak op de Afrika Cup en hij rekende zelf niet meer op een terugkeer onder bondscoach Hervé Renard.

Redactie 19-05-17, 13:47 Laatste update: 13:52
    Marokko neemt het 31 mei in een oefeninterland op tegen het Nederlands elftal. Mimoun Mahi van FC Groningen maakt zijn debuut bij het nationale elftal.

Naast Mahi en Ziyech zijn ook Karim El Ahmadi (Feyenoord), Yassin Ayoub (FC Utrecht) en Sofian Amrabat opgeroepen.

Ziyech bereidt zich met Ajax voor op de Europa Leaguefinale tegen Manchester United.

8. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    I always wonder why Ayoub was never called up for the Dutch NT. Would he, had he played for the "Big 3" or abroad? He's regular in U21. I thought he could be a good back-up for DM... a willing runner and good competitor. Don't think he's worse than De Roon.

9. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  10. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #5060 wilson00, May 20, 2017
    Last edited: May 20, 2017
    he is 27, proven player both at EPl and international level. which dutch player do you think atm is better them him. I can't think of any. even though GylfI is playing for Swansea but still is one of the best midfielders in EPl.

also Argentina called up Manuel Lanzini (west Ham) for for brazil friendly. this shows its not just about where they but how they are playing.

11. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Now you've insulted me!!!! :mad:

12. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  13. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #5064 Brilliant Dutch, May 20, 2017
    Last edited: May 20, 2017
    Who the hell cares if its a done deal or not, the fact they're even LOOKING at Icelandic players, as opposed to Dutch talent should make you want to jump off a bridge and commit suicide for crying out loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I'm mad!!! :mad:

14. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Iceland: population 300,000 (give or take) :eek:

15. Sian

Sian Member

Dec 4, 2011
    by extrapolating that argument there should be a lot more chinese players, and a lot fewer dutch players in the league

16. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Depay just scored

17. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Wolfsburg lost to Hamburg so Bruma and Bazoer's team faces a relegation playoff to see if they stay in the Bundesliga. Neither were in today's selection (don't know if they were injured). Hamburg's streak of never been relegated from the top flight in Germany remains intact! They are the only team not to have been relegated (Bayern were relegated back in 1955).

18. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    They took Depay's goal away from him :(

19. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    I would drop BMI, de Ligt, Veltman, Propper, Ramselaar, De Roon, Lens, Locadia.

Robben scored one and assisted two today. He is like fine wine.

20. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Wijnaldum with a nice run into space and clinical finish to put Liverpool ahead in stoppage time. This is how he should be played on the NT and not as a deep lying MF which is a waste of his talent. He's better on the ball than Klaassen who is the same type of player

bunbohue repped this.
  21. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Sorry, dropping BMI would be a huge mistake. He's been very good for Stoke this season, and at the very least would make an excellent backup bench player and occasional spot starter

Orange14 repped this.
  22. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    To be fair Wijnaldum is so underappreciated in general. He's incredibly smart, skillful and has a massive workrate. He isn't as flashy as some midfielders, but the reality is that he's one of the most clinical players in the world, his end product is almost always measured and his chance conversion rate (whether it's a goal or an assist) is on a completely different level to most players. He's so very intelligent and when used correctly can be massive to any team.

I heard a lot of whining about him for not just the NT but for Liverpool but he was our (Liverpool) best player in big games this season, and always seemed to come up with big goals or assists when we needed them. He's still relatively young also and has potential to be even better than he already is. MotM in a must win game, and one of our better players season long.

If only the Oranje could get a manager to get the best out of him maybe people would see him in a different light.

My biggest issue is that I wish he'd go back to the dreadlocks.

richsavare and Orange14 repped this.
  23. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    After making the trip across from Limerick, Ireland, Louise Mackessy treated her Liverpool-mad son Patrick to shopping trip to the Adidas store in Liverpool city centre.

It was here that she bumped into Wijnaldum, who shocked Patrick by treating the 11-year-old to a complimentary pair of £300 football boots.

Mum Louise revealed that she and Patrick actually left the shop before being called back in a member of staff, only to realise that Wijnaldum had already purchased the boots.

http://www.espn.in/football/blog/th...-wijnaldum-makes-one-reds-fans-day-at-anfield

Look like Wijnaldum is an okay person, has a decent head in his shoulder, Klopp is good at grooming players & making them better. This was his 1st season, he could really do well next season !

24. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    I was leaning toward Blind as the CB back up. With Janmaat out, I don't mind to add BMI now although I am still not impressed enough with BMI until he cleans up his clumsy errors. With Van Ginkel out, I would like to see de Roon.