Review: Dutch players at home and abroad worthy to be tracked in connection with the Dutch NT - Part 3

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Is PSV a move up from AZ though, at this very moment? Both play Europa League.

2. onzie77

onzie77 Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    May 18, 2012
    miami
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    they are both the same, one play off home and away and they get in the group stage, so maybe in his mind, psv has a better chance to win the eredivisie and qualify for champions league next year over az, especially with the new coach, and they were winning it till that big collapse, so who looks more likely to make champions league next year? PSV Or AZ

3. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^I would not bet any money on PSV; they will disappoint.

4. onzie77

onzie77 Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    May 18, 2012
    miami
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    i hope they disappoint, i really hope ajax and feyenoord finish 1-2 again, and both play champions league and at least reach knockout rounds, and maybe twente and az can win the europa league

5. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    News regarding Modric going away from Spurs seem to gain momentum. I doubt anything will happen as I think many players and agents are still on vacation. BUT, if Modric does indeed leave, I hope Spurs are seriously considering Afellay. Spurs played some sexy attacking football last season (when they were on-fire, not so much at the tail end of the season).. I think Ibi will fit right in. Much better option than Lille or Lazio, both have been mentioned as other possible destinations.

Also read that A. Buttner may go to England to play for a relegation-candidate clubs (QPR or S'oton). Sounds like a bad idea to me. Playing for such club will be brutal.. subject to scrutiny for every mistake. Ask Zuiverloon or Donk.

6. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Why would Afellay want to leave Barça? He thinks he's the man.

Orange14 repped this.
  7. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Modric is a mediocre player. I hope Spurs can sell him for a lot of money, and get someone really good to replace him. If they can get Afellay and a good striker (and a good manager) from the money they get from Modric, they'll be a really good team next year. The rumor a couple of days ago was Modric to Real Madrid for Sahin+30m. If that's true, than Spurs would be idiots no to take it. With that money they could easily build a great team, given that they spend it wisely

8. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^and who is Modric going to replace at Madrid? He's not 1/2 the player that Ozil is and Xabi Alonso is a lock to start or else Mourinho is run out of town. Khedeira; I don't know, he's not a holding midfielder nor as strong. Afellay to Spurs?? What position is he going to play (same question as for Modric to Madrid)? He's not a playmaker and he's certainly not as good as Gareth Bale.

9. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Nah Brands has denied it.

The PSV correspondent/expert Thijs Slegers working for VI loves to connect his club to all kind of players though, but he's usually well informed.

Both Maher and Narsingh have Sigi Lens (Jeremains uncle) as their agent so PSV definitely have the upperhand (also due to the fiasco that has been MeH). I can see Narsingh signing for PSV. Ajax have made a bid and are sticking to it even though PSV have offered higher wages, question however is why he hasn't committed himself to them yet.

10. onzie77

onzie77 Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    May 18, 2012
    miami
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    he can't be stupid to realize that he's nothing more than a utility player, and at best a sub, he wasn't really used much before he was injured. if he moves he can get more playing time, instead of wasting away on the bench

11. onzie77

onzie77 Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    May 18, 2012
    miami
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    thats assuming that real madrid sticks to the 4-2-3-1 formation. modric is pretty adaptable,

they could line up khedira in the center of midfield, and alonso and modric to form a 3 man midfield, With Ronaldo and di maria on the wings, and benzema as lone striker, Since apparently they won't have hinguian anymore, and kaka might leave to china (offered 18 million for a year), or go somewhere for his chances to play for brazil at the world cup.

or him as the playmaker in the 3 of the 4-2-3-1 behind the central striker,

although i do agree, modric isn't of a good standard to real madrid, He could be used in many roles, he's adaptable, but i don't like that move for modric.

12. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^so you are consigning their second best player (Ozil) to the bench? Bad decision.

13. onzie77

onzie77 Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    May 18, 2012
    miami
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    no i'm not, but ozil could play as a sort of winger, modric and ozil could change.

modric has many uses, he could be part of

4-1-4-1,
    4-2-3-1
    4-4-2
    4-3-3

and i don't like ozil very much, but yeah, if real madrid want modric, then they must have some use for him. I can't imagine just buying someone and sticking them on the bench and not care

14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^Madrid historically buy players for the sole purpose of buying them because they can. I just think Modric isn't a good fit there and I don't rate him above Ozil at all.

15. onzie77

onzie77 Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    May 18, 2012
    miami
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    i agree on that part i dont see a match, besides an overqualified utiility player.

16. onzie77

onzie77 Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    May 18, 2012
    miami
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    back on topic,

Newcastle who love french players, now have a thing for eredivisie players.

Erik Pieters been rumoured forever, but now, it seems they want nicolai boilesson from ajax, so erik pieters might stay at psv, meaning willems wont start? any guesses on willems progress.

Furthermore on newcastle front, they said they are very close to signing luuk de jong, and will get douglas later. Nothing on vurnon anita front, ajax don't wanna sell

Jan Vertoghen deal looks dead, as ajax don't want to pay the 15% to vertoghen from the deal. So that might mean no new central defender to ajax, that was rumoured to be nuytinck or viergever

Nuytinck still has other suitors, Borussia Monglendbach who got rid of the brazilian guy, West Bromwich albion in england, And Napoli and juventus (he rides the bench there)

Nothing new on Eljero elia, looks like west ham united haven't done anythign solid but they want krasic and elia, elia will leave juventus but to who?

17. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    If Pieters remains at PSV, I'd love to see him at the left-center of defense. It's a foregone conclusion that he offers zero service in attack when playing as LB. But Pieters has other defensive qualities that would make him suitable playing more centrally. This will also allows Willems to get playing times as LB, and hopefully he continues to make progress.

DRB300 repped this.
  18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    This is a total joke! We don't even know if Boilesen will be able to play this season. His injury may turn into something chronic and if so, the only position for him would be in the central defense where he doesn't have to do much running. I put ZERO credibility in this and it's just more silly rumor mongering.

19. onzie77

onzie77 Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    May 18, 2012
    miami
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    well the thing is, i haven't heard other teams rumoured to want him. And newcastle was the only one with very strong interest, but they are chasing french player debuchy, and after him, now is the danish left back who plays for ajax,

it's a sort of disappointing trend, because it's like if vertoghen doesn't leave, and pieters doesn't leave, then willems will be on the bench, and nuytinck might still be at nec, and we don't have the proof to validate them being on the dutch team.

20. onzie77

onzie77 Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    May 18, 2012
    miami
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...stle-want-Ajax-defender-Nicolai-Boilesen.html

http://nothingbutnewcastle.com/2012/05/blogs/newcastle-after-dane-who-turned-down-manchester-united

http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...-offer-ajax-fullback-nicolai-boilesen-3161741

daily mail says so, i'm not english, so i wouldn't know how accurate they are, but lots of people seem to trust them

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...est-The-Insider--Spurs-consider-Tim-Krul.html

the same daily mail considers krul an option for tottenham, and put odds on each transfer

21. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The Daily Mail post was from back in May for goodness sake.

22. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Good rule of fist:

Daily mail = Daily fail.

23. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Modric can take Sahin's spot with the reserves for all I care. Madrid would buy him because they get a hard on for talented players, not because they need him. What I care about is how getting rid of him will help Tottenham build their team.
    As for Afellay, he could be a backup on either wing. Last year Tottenham only had two wingers and most of the time one or both of them were injured. Modric and VdV spent a lot of the season on the wing because of that. He could maybe even replace Lennon. Even if he doesn't, he would still get more playing time than he would at Barcelona.

24. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  25. onzie77

onzie77 Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    May 18, 2012
    miami
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    is daily mail that bad? who are the trust worthy english papers, I always heard sun was full of it, and daily mail was the only other thing there.

so what news in holland on transfer speculation? besides the obvious maher to psv, what else is there?