Review: Dutch players at home and abroad worthy to be tracked in connection with the Dutch NT - Part 3

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    lol Ajax..
    Anyone watching the CL draw? :p

2. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Klaas Jan Huntelaar@KJ_Huntelaar
    I want to welcome Ibrahim Afellay at #S04.!! Tomorrow training at 16.00.. Don't forget ;) wilkommen Ibrahim Afellay..!

elsewhere.. Ricky has notched another goal for Sporting in Europe!

3. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ajax and Dutch Football get no favors with this ridiculous Champions League draw.

4. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I don't understand why you have difficulty to admit you were wrong. All the text you type out comes down to how van Gaal deviated from playing a left legged center back with, while having Braafheid on the bench, who was left legged and a defender. Now you even add how van Gaal even played Pranjic on left back a year later (an option I saw much earlier than only then) and look who was on the bench in my example. Yet van Gaal used his common sense and chose for a certain quality level over his so called religious believe. This further solidifies my view not yours. Reading on a Dutch forum I picked up from a discussion that van Gaal has said Afellay's only option is to play on the left wing (Source), while being predominantly right legged (his left foot is not bad by the way). If somebody here can confirm this from a first hand quote from van Gaal himself, that would be another sign.

We talk about degrees here, but for future projections of possible line ups it's better to incorporate the reservations I have found with van Gaal, than believing van Gaal is a total fundamentalist on this subject and losing his mind over it.

5. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think it is excellent. The clearer the gap, the bigger the pain, the bigger the crises, the more people and organisations are prepared to take education to the next level as financially we will never be able to beat the opposition. The most dangerous state for improvement is being oke or being just on participation level every year for the next decades.

6. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Can I ask you why you like Ricky. Is it his person or really his playing style?

7. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
  8. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He scores goals and wins.

he so scrumptiouz repped this.
  9. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Feyenoord AZ and Heerenceen have done no favors for Dutch football today. Cannot see how this helps the young Oranje prospects. No way are these guys ready for international football.

10. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Exactly. Mind boggling how some posters are over-hyping the likes of De Vrij, Viergiever, BMI, etc... while Douglas, who has been consistently playing in European league in the past few years, continues being talked down.

vagegast repped this.
  11. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You can't really blame Feyenoord and Heerenveen. Both teams have been pillaged in the off-season and don't have the status to attract proper replacements. How is Heerenveen supposed to be competitive after losing pretty much everyone but Duricic and their CBs? Feyenoord should show more faith in their youth, but I don't think that they really could have done much better considering the hole that they're in and the important players that they lost over the summer (Vlaar, Bakkal, El Ahmadi, Guidetti)

12. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    And Fer allegedly can't play football hehehe. I hope Van Gaal watched this game!

13. Falcon_11

Falcon_11 Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  14. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Some blame AVB, others blame Sylvie. AVB because he prefers younger players and Sylvie because she apparently asked him to move to Germany because of her work. Looks like Telegraaf were right after all.

Nuytinck has signed for Anderlecht and will play CL this season! :)

15. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Van Gaal feels the same way hehehe. Douglas is not included in the final squad.

16. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Van Gaal is stupid.

vagegast repped this.
  17. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Wow. That is a brilliant selection. Only difference is I would have picked Anita on top of this line-up & maybe Van Ginkel instead of Emanuelson.

Its good. Clasie has earned his spot. And if Anita does well at NewCastle he will surely get his spot too.

Brilliant choice. VDV dropped as is all the old baggage.

VDW & DE Jong given clear message to improve. New players all over defense & Heitinga-Mathijsen to stay as a mentor and stay because a stable defense is very important for a qualification in WC.

I think by 3 months Mathijsen will eased out too. Viergever is almost guaranteed a spot. VDV & De Vrij dropped because of mediocre performances.

On the whole Brilliant Side Selection. Nice mixture of Seniors & Rookies. Better selection than BVM for sure.

18. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    my day just got worse and it's barely started. I'm not going to watch fecking Hamburg just to see him play!

19. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Hamburg are relegation fodder now. Haha.

I doubt if they have been worse. Huge step down if you ask me.

20. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Nothing brilliant about this selection.

How have Clasie and Viergever deserved their chance? Their teams have just been slaughtered and they lack experience. Their time may be coming don't get me wrong but they are not ready for this.

21. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think we can conclude that VDV has given up on football!

What a waste. One of our greatest prospects ever, but he never reached his full potential, not even close. He always took everything for granted, that's why sneijder surpassed him.

22. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Take it easy there. He has had a very nice career for himself. Comparing Sneijder to him I agree, but VDV has been a quality player.

I say he is finished for Oranje and the man has suffered many injuries over the years but it's a good move for him based on footballing reasons and money as he was surplus at Spurs through their mindless twat of a manager AVB.

23. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011

So is it based on team performance??

Then Emanuelson deserves it more than Sneijder & so does VDV. Spurs & Milan were last season better than Inter.

On that regard no one should get chance from Eredivisie or very few since Eredivisie is weaker than most big leagues and only big league players should be selected like Bert van Marwijk did.

Also Elia should play as Juventus won the title & not say Narsingh.

Who is the best left footed LCB who can pass & defend & give 10 years to Oranje. No one bar Viergever.

And Clasie did brilliantly to take a rubbish Feyenoord to 2nd place. Now he does not deserve because Feyenoord failed in 1-2 games??? Clasie is probably the best Dutch Mid-field talent in a few years.

24. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Team performance is a criteria of the process. I am not of the belief that these 2 young and inexperienced players are ready for significant play time for Oranje who are on shaky footing.

Don't get carried away with mindless babble about Elia or Emanuelson.

For the record Urby not deserving over Sneijder ever!

25. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    If team performance is a criteria then Elia & Urby deserve to start over Narsingh & Sneijder.

Urby should easily displace Sneijder as Milan are better than Inter. There is nothing to dispute with regards to this.

How is Viergever & Clasie on a shaky footing & Douglas not??

Last season twente was rubbish in the 2nd half,did s*** in Europa League & finished 6th in the league. Douglas had a lot of rubbish games.

Viergever is a very talented CB & did VERY VERY well with a much inferior team like AZ who fought hard & challenged for the title & finished above Twente.

Clasie was IMO Eredivisie Player of the season with Vertonghen. He was Feyenoord's best player. Feyenoord an almost bankrupt club used to getting beat 0-10 by PSV & being looked as a joke beat everyone. They drew/beat Ajax,PSV,Twente,AZ. You name it,they did well.

Inspite of selling their best players,Clasie shone in a mediocre team & took the team far above Twente where Douglas plays.

How is Bas Dost or BMI or Willems or Van Rhijn or Fer more deserving than Clasie or Viergever.

All these guys had like 1 Great Season. In-case of BMI,Willems,Van Rhijn or Fer you cant even say they had 1 FULL great 30 match season week in & week out & put in MOM level performances often.

Have Fer or Willems or BMI done anything more to deserve a chance??

Maher got a chance. Wijnaldum got a chance.

All these players are not better than Clasie. Clasie looked way better than Maher on every U-21 game.

Even Strootman when he made his debut did nothing great in Eredivisie.

TFC Ajax repped this.