Dutch NT - Tracking players for the next campaign

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by demeer, Mar 31, 2016.

1. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    looks like Van Der Weil to Roma is done . i jus hope this will be turning point in his career and he sticks his nose in soceer and not in fashion/modelling crap

2. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    If he were transferring to Milan I would be worried but not Roma.

3. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    agree. on another note its kind of tragic to see his development all this years even though he has been featuring consecutively in CL for the last 4 or 5 years. (Ajax/PSG)

4. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Van Der Weil /PSG

5. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Quite frankly he was never that good but for some reason had a great 2010 WC that inflated his value. He sank back down to mediocrity when moving to PSG. He's the kind of player who is more interested in the paycheck and the perks of being a football player rather than playing his heart and soul out on the pitch. There are quite a few others who have the same philosophy.

6. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    He was non the bench.

7. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    It's not only that to be honest, he is also just a very poor defender and he has always been so, even with Ajax.

I wouldn't say his WC 2010 was great, it was ok the first games cause he was helped a lot by Kuyt who was playing RW and also cause the opposition was Denmark and Japan. Nothing terrific.
    When Robben started to play after the 2nd round, VDW showed his defensive weaknesses especially against Brazil where Robinho toyed him a couple of times. Got a stupid yellow card in that game that made him to miss the game against Uruguay. His finale against Spain was decent, nothing bad and nothing great.

The only reason why he played so much with NT was the lack of competition for the RB spot, it was either him or Boulahrouz who was injured 8 months every year.
    Very opportunistic.

Van der Wiel as RB isn't better than Emanuelson as LB for me, I'd even pick Urby anytime.

8. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    he kind of played the last 10.

9. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    kind of disagree, but maybe given PSG has a dynamic midfield and CBs, his defensive flaws is hardly an a issue as he always compensates it with going forward and in assists. I think it was the last season or before the last when he had the highest # of assists in Ligue 1.

I think he jus needs to balance his game up so that he doesnt gets exposed when playing out of PSG and as what has being happening to him in NT. no expectation but hopefully Serie A will provide him the right platform to achieve that.

also the rotation policy at PSG could be another factor which has deprived him of consistency which influences a lot when playing at NT level. I remember before Aurier, it was Jallet whom weil had to compete with and then they also have Marquinhos who is a utility in the back-line..

my point here is he doesnt look medicore at all when playing for PSG as what I have seen from his games in CL. Its only when playing away from PSG ,particular in NT .

if Im not wrong then vs Colombia when lens got red carded and NT were playing with 10 men, boy he put on a soild performance that night as his forward movement was restricted to defending only and he did pretty well . all in all I jus see his balancing of the game being a major talking point.

10. Keko

Keko Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    :)

11. demeer

demeer New Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    TFM playing well so far today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Very, very well :)

13. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Fosu Mensah comes out and Spurs get three quick goals!

14. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    My biggest frustration is how Lartey is not playing in the first team. I see that he is not even playing all games in young Ajax:

Link

I hope he is not dipping right before his pro career starts. One of those players that have difficulty to make that step. He sure did look as one of the most gifted players in the youth to me.

15. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Sybe Pals repped this.
  16. Sybe Pals

Sybe Pals Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Comox, BC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Hah sweet, that Walker seems such a wanker.
    Nice to see a little bite in Memphis' game.

17. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Looks like Newcastle will be relegated. I wonder where the Dutchies will wind up. Guys like Wijnaldum and Janmaat are too good for Championship L. I think

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^Also Krul who has been out injured for most of the season. There are a group of pretty talented players on Newcastle's team but MacClaren couldn't figure out how to get them to play and Benitez is fighting a losing battle too late in the season.

19. If they just bought the whole selection of AZ....then you donot have to look over your shoulder next season:D

Orange14 repped this.
  20. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Juve, Roma and Inter are rumoured to have an interest in Wijnaldum. Janmaat seems likely to move to an other premiership team, maybe not as a starter.

I hope Anita will do a Luuk de Jong and return to an Eredivisie side, his skills are wasted in the prems. Siem de Jong is anyone's guess given his recent health record he might as well stay.

21. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  22. nurvin

nurvin Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  23. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Fosu-Mensah must not have been hurt to badly. He's starting again at RB in the FA Cup replay against West Ham. Kick off is in five minutes. Blind also in but not Depay.

24. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Thats great news

25. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Not really, he's been quite bad, always out of position and not knowing what is going on around him.