Dutch Clubs In Europe: General Discussion

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Oct 23, 2014.

1. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Analogues to the general Eredivisie thread I thought it could help the discussion to have one for Europe. I don't see a PSV thread made for this season for example and they are playing right now in Europe. At the start of the season there are also more Dutch club active in Europe and don't have their thread either. Here we discuss them, but also Ajax and Feyenoord of course. It is also a good place to discuss the Dutch coefficient in Europe.

2. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He has an instant impact on this team. Too bad his free kick hit the post.

3. gabriel_guilarte

Aug 16, 2014
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Yes agree this is a good place to talk about dutch clubs in Europe! We dont have all the clubs we wanted but lets hope we can rise a little our coefficient. About the PSV-Panathinaikos, is Maher playing better?? Lets see if he and Depay can be a good attack duo!!

4. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I don't like Maher. I think he was hyped at AZ and I think his time to adapt to a new environment is troubling. I think his mentality is is bad and dangerous for a group as it can spread and make a team fold quicker.

On a different note, watch how Depay is passing the ball to center all the time. And now he also scores. Vision and goals.

5. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Good pass de Jong.

6. gabriel_guilarte

Aug 16, 2014
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Well the Depay goal not surprises me, but I am surprised how consistent he has turned, I mean, last year he wast wasteful, not to mention the vision he has gained. All in all I see a Depay that still makes a lot of shoots (I dont regret this), but has a better effectivity ratio than last year.
    Cheers!

7. Sam_TO

Sam_TO Member

May 14, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    How is Ouasim Bouy doing for PAOK?

8. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think I saw him putting a very good through pass in 10 minutes ago. He is oke, but not very special until now. His distance shot second half was not on target either.

9. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    And then Bouy makes a nice rush :D. Let's not jinx this one.

PSV needs to look at midfield. They are in danger of giving it away a bit too much. You all know who I will blame for that. Maher, who else.

10. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Dangerous to take Narsingh off. had a bad game, but where is the real counter danger now with Depay and him on the bench? Take Maher off instead.

11. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Willems is fun to watch.

12. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I will never get used to pro's not being able to lift the ball enough when taking corners so that they are not so easily cleared first post. So weird.

13. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Look at that pass from Maher there (for future reference, the 81:15) and tell me he is a good footballer. That is unforgivable. Killed the counter and before he started a turnover with another sloppy pass form him. Maher is such a bad passer.

14. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    What a ball from Willems

15. gabriel_guilarte

Aug 16, 2014
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    there we go again..

16. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Thanks Maher for giving away midfield. Stupid mouse.

17. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Bruma and Brenet also with some great defending and now Bruma with red.

18. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Cocu killing PSV's counter danger. Amateur.

19. gabriel_guilarte

Aug 16, 2014
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    great two losses and one draw in europe. nice week

20. Keko

Keko Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    I don't to see how our coefficient is going to go down after today

21. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think that Maher has leapfrogged Castaignos as the player I detest the most. There are only a few players I am allergic to, but Maher is definitely one. He embodies collapse and folding. He gives away midfield and does not even care. He passes with the outside of his foot, while he is a horrible passer and starts turnovers and kills counters. His misplaced arrogance on the field, acting the silky technician that shows people how to solve problems the football way while only creating more problems for his team is staggering.

What an annoying mouse.

22. gabriel_guilarte

Aug 16, 2014
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    well well, the lider of the Eredivise cant win against a shitty team that didnt have a single point in Europe while Olimpiakos win against Juventus.
    Incredible

23. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I suspect this could be a very short lived thread! Watched the last 20 minutes of the Feyenoord match against some Croatian team I had never heard of. They had one shot on goal but were otherwise not very good. Clasie is the only one who seems to come to play week in and week out. Too bad he wasn't able to leave with the others last summer.

24. gabriel_guilarte

Aug 16, 2014
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Yes, Agreed about Maher, I prefer 10000 times Klassen over Maher, despite Klassen is not classy, but he is effective and can defend properly, totally oposite to Maher, who dissapear in when the team needed the most

25. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    This is a miniature Dutch NT:
    - dodgy defending (Bruma fell asleep on the goal and deserved a red card, Brenet was laughable = Dutch NT back four)
    - slow and uninspiring midfield (largely from Maher = Sneijder)
    - a blind winger who kept forcing the issue with no end product (Narsingh = Lens)
    - a useless central forward (Luuk = RVP), and
    - one guy who was the only deserved to be on the pitch (Depay = Robben).

Tactically, the game was played way too rigid, no creativity what-so-ever. On a slightly better news, I think Willems can be an asset for Hiddink, especially if he can develop a solid linkage with Depay.