"During time of war, enemy has no innocents"

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by El CHarro_NEgro...., Aug 9, 2006.

1. Who said that? An islamofasicst for sure!? Keep reading...

Yesha Rabbinical Council: During time of war, enemy has no innocents

The Yesha Rabbinical Council announced in response to an IDF attack in Kfar Qanna that "according to Jewish law, during a time of battle and war, there is no such term as 'innocents' of the enemy."

All of the discussions on Christian morality are weakening the spirit of the army and the nation and are costing us in the blood of our soldiers and civilians," the statement said. (Efrat Weiss).

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3283720,00.html

If it was a mullah who had said this we both know that the media and all the politicians would be all over it. I wonder why the double standard? And what kind of a religious person states that children are not innocent?

2. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    This is just another example of why religious law should not govern military action.

There may be a place for religion to determine if a war is a "just war" but I can't think of an instance when we are better off with religious people making policy assessments.

Sorry, but Jewish "law" is wrong in this instance. A child, a senior or any detached civilian is innocent and efforts should be made to spare them.

Even those who supported the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki along with the fire-bombing of Dresden at least reconize that the troubling thing about those attacks was the targeting of civilians.

3. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Ive said it before and Ill say it again.

Religion is shit.

4. Yankee_Blue

Yankee_Blue New Member

Aug 28, 2001
    New Orleans area
    Well, I suppose that settles it.

5. My idea wasn't about religion, but double standard :eek: , but ok.

6. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member+

May 12, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is not Jewish law. This Yesha Council are extremists.

7. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago

Fair enough. I don't know anything about them. I was just thrown off by his use of the term "Jewish law." ;)

8. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Though, I'd say discernment concerning human affairs is bliss...

9. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yesha_Council

The jesha rabbinical council is the religious authority of the settlers in Gaza and West Bank. The council of their rabbis.

10. Yankee_Blue

Yankee_Blue New Member

Aug 28, 2001
    New Orleans area
    Aye. Not much that humans wont abuse. Including religion, politics, fear, disenchantment, etc, etc, etc, etc,

11. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    All over it trying to explain how it doesn't represent Islam. I too wonder why the double standard.

12. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thats one whacked out school of thought.........

Ridiculous...

Are they trying to justify something?

13. Attacking Minded

Attacking Minded New Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Apparently the Yesha Rabbinical Council agrees with you.
    They'd like a whole lot less Christianity too as would the secular kinds of governments of fascism and communism.

14. dna77054

dna77054 Member+

Jun 28, 2003
    houston
    So we finally have some Jews and Muslims in agreement. Now we can start the peace process.

15. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course, our press is all over these Hebraofascists. Right? *crickets chirping*

That's a streaming pile of Real Salt Lake and you know it. I know that despite your good work elsewhere you're utterly blinded by your partisanship in this particular topic but this is low even for you.

El Charro Negro is right. There is an anti-Muslim double standard here in the US. It's OK to hate Muslims here in a way that it's not OK to hate Jews. If Mel Gibson had gone off on an anti-Muslim rant, there would have been the obligatory PC tut-tutting but it would never have brought the same volume of widespread horror that his anti-semitism has. The only groups it's even more OK to hate here are gays and "commies".

As far as the press is concrened, when (not "if", btw) some idiot extremist imam comes out with something like this the US press amkes sure it's heard and our punditocracy makes sure to try to paint the clown as a representative of Islam (or is it "Islamofascists"). But when Jewish extremists say or do something equally idiotic, you very rarely hear about it in the US press because our media is, somewhat justifiably, terrified of bring down the inevitable accusations of "Nazi Holocaust lovers!" on their heads.

16. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Re: Of course, our press is all over these Hebraofascists. Right? *crickets chirping*

Mel Gibson wasn't able to bring the pogroms to America, but he did make a lot of money trying! This story was a big deal because it proved that we were right about him all along.

Oh, did I mention that Islam is the religion of peace? It is!

17. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Of course, our press is all over these Hebraofascists. Right? *crickets chirping*

Salaam.

18. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Compared with the other Western monotheisms, there's not much to choose from. All three have incredibly bloodstained histories. If you want a religion of peace, you're pretty much stuck with buddhism at this point. They're not perfect but they've sure got scoreboard on any of their major competitors in the peace sweepstakes.

Of course, getting rid of religion entirely would give humanity one less reason to slaughter each other but then we'd also miss out on the psychological and social functions of religion as well and nobody knows whether we'd be poorer or richer for the trade.

19. Nick_78

Nick_78 New Member

May 9, 2004
    VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Re: Of course, our press is all over these Hebraofascists. Right? *crickets chirpin

You shouldn't be blaming religion. You should be blaming those who use religion to justify horrible acts. I know you're just saying it would give us one less reason, but there are plenty of other reasons people could find. Religion is just a pretty good one. Its a lot easier to get people to kill for their god than it is to get them to kill for a good slice of pizza, especially when you tell them their god is going to hand pick some tail for them.

As far as what one crazy Rabbi said. For now I'll chalk it up to a crazy Rabbi. Let me know when there are 10,000 Jewish guys in the street burning flags and chanting "death to (insert name of person/country who somehow offended them this week)" then it will be newsworthy.