News: Dual National Dishonors Crest

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by sXeWesley, Jan 23, 2018.

1. sXeWesley

sXeWesley Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is what disloyalty, lack of commitment, freeloading and denigrating the crest really looks like:

That is our one well paid full time scout, hand picked trusted lieutenant of those telling you there is no systemic problem in the federation and everything is fine. He is straight up lying on national television to cover his own ass for losing us a great, talented, honest kid in Jonathon Gonzalez. Jonathon Gonzalez is worth a hundred Rongen's, people like this in leadership positions are the reason we are not going to a world cup, period.

MiamiNative0722, jjmack, yurch10 and 5 others repped this.
  2. Socarchist

Socarchist Member+

Feb 21, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Has Rongen ever met Jonathan Gonzalez?

Shocking isn't quite right. This interview is a poignant example of what happens to an organization that lacks accountability and transparency.

If USSF doesn't fire this joker immediately, we know that it isn't interested in meaningful change or reform. Circling the wagons to hold onto its power.

Who cares about missing the World Cup? I have a nice salary, cushy travel, and can find someone else to blame. In this case, a child.

3. ifsteve

ifsteve Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Jul 7, 2013
    MS and ID
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok "shocking" you say. What did he say in this interview that was not accurate?

4. sXeWesley

sXeWesley Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What gets me is not just the obvious stupidity, incompetence and malicious lying, but the added layer of patronizing arrogance and sanctimonious hypocrisy of talking about commitment, really "feeling" the shirt, wanting to bleed and sacrifice for the group and for the nation.

Why don't these same parameters ever apply to the coaches and administrators saying them?

Additionally, why is Hercules Gomez the only media member doing real work on this stuff and why are there not now articles from every other outlet on this?

5. sXeWesley

sXeWesley Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry I took for granted that at this point everyone knew that Rongen was a self admitted liar:

Listen to the podcast, Herc got Rongen to straight up admit he had never been to the families house or even ever met with him, he says he went down to Monterey and met with officials at the club.

[​IMG]

juveeer, yurch10, tomásbernal and 7 others repped this.
  6. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can you link the podcast and the time stamp for that statement? Strong stuff if true.

7. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can you link the podcast and the time stamp for that statement? Strong stuff if true.

8. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

9. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @Ismitje @Real Corona @dark knight How is this news or analysis? Can't we just put this in the other "Rongen is Emmanual Goldstein" thread, and dump it all into general?

adi21 repped this.
  10. sXeWesley

sXeWesley Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    JoGo stuff starts at minute 43:

As for whether or not this is news; it certainly fits the criteria more than these articles from Bradley, Howard and the like that contain nothing remotely newsworthy. Herc did some actual journalism, that is news, not stenography interviews.

juveeer, Deep Wilcox, Pl@ymaker and 3 others repped this.
  11. sXeWesley

sXeWesley Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please explain how the chief (only?) full time scout for the federation being exposed as a liar is not news. As for your patronizing Orwell reference, the groupthink and conspiracy mindset is within USSF, not with the fans just asking for a modicum of truth and competency.

12. laxcoach

laxcoach Member+

United States
    Jul 29, 2017
    intermountain west
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rongen is systemic in his part of the USMNT decline. He's like Arena, irrelevant but he's got a platform and somehow he's still listened to. And somehow he believes his own schtick.

juveeer repped this.
  13. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is some of the more pertinent news on this subject since he announced his decision. It definitely fits.

Also the comments on Richie Williams are revealing. Richie Williams should be dumped with Rongen ASAP.

juveeer, Pl@ymaker and sXeWesley repped this.
  14. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Luckily Adu is honoring the crest by not giving up, so chalk one up under the good news section.

yurch10, COMtnGuy, WillPfuk4Cash and 3 others repped this.
  15. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you can't figure it out I can't explain it to you.

16. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    (guy doubling down on being wrong)

nbstriker8, juveeer, Deep Wilcox and 6 others repped this.
  17. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Allow me to be more specific...look at the friggin' title. Then carefully read the first sentence.

Now, are Y'ALL going to double down?!?!?!

18. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems like the definition of news to me.

Unlike our general MSM which is in the business of reporting opinion and emotion, this is clear, cut and dry. Thomas Rongen came out and flat out lied to the public in order to protect the country club for his and their failures.

The Williams part is even more concerning.

The follow up question is the most concerning. How many players and families have fallen victim to such clown show tactics and how many careers ruined before they even started due to our exclusive nature.

Am I to believe Gonzalez is the only one who's dealt with such amateurish practices? Of course not. That Wynalda has been quite outspoken about how poor the relationship is between the players and Fed adds yet more fuel to the fire.

We didn't miss the WC simply because of a single goal difference. We are missing it because of everything going on behind the scenes which is now spilling out.

No wonder Sunil and Garber are pushing for and schmoozing with Carter. Probably pretty scared of what will be uncovered if Wynalda or Martino wins.

Thing that makes me most angry is it's crystal clear the leaders in this sport do not have being the best we can be at this sport anywhere near the top of their list of priorities. With the foundation and resources we have we could be so much more but they're not interested in that.

juveeer, Bajoro, Statman and 5 others repped this.
  19. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Leaving aside the hyperbole of the first sentence, this is clearly news (and actual journalism by Herc - he deserves a lot of credit for this). Rongen didn't do his job and lied about it and he should resign. If not, he should be fired.

I like the idea of putting together a blue-ribbon committee to address youth soccer in this country and the recruitment of youth national players should be part of that.

jnielsen, juveeer, Statman and 3 others repped this.
  20. sXeWesley

sXeWesley Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Edited it. I apologize for the hyperbole in the title and any antagonism on my part.

The title for the record is 100% true though and the first line is just a distillation of things people said about Gonzalez back when we thought our federation hadn't totally mishandled this and then lied about it.

bsky22 and superdave repped this.
  21. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, but it's also deliberately misleading. Just say that Rongen lied, or something along those lines. The point of the title is to tell you something about the subject matter of the thread. Your title fails at the first hurdle.

adi21 repped this.
  22. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Suppose he was doing his job.

juveeer repped this.
  23. sXeWesley

sXeWesley Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @dark knight Like I said I apologize and if the mods want to just edit the title, great.

Although I acknowledge it is misleading and I will plead guilty to doling out the links in multiple posts instead of crafting a more complete original post, everything I said is still accurate in my estimation.

USA-Zebuel repped this.
  24. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you were "right" and "accurate", you wouldn't be apologizing, would you?

Like, fine, maybe the title gets edited or not. Doesn't matter, we're in the thread already, we know what it's really about now, but stop pretending.

adi21 repped this.
  25. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is news in this thread my broletariat. Now let's analyze!