Dropping Eyeglasses Since 1924: The 2011 National Team Thread

Discussion in 'China' started by ntg., Sep 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Re: Dropping Eyeglasses Since 1924: The 2011 National Team Thread [R]

Not sure if Camacho has figured out the right configurations yet. He hasn't shown he's gotten the nuances of the team down yet.

Wish Gao Hongbo had the kind of smooth that Milu has so he could clue Camacho in. After all, except for Mr Leak Weifeng, this team is still pretty much Gao Hongbo's team.

2. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003

See. We can all take a deep Tai Chi breath and take solace until 11/11/11.

3. YenSter

YenSter Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

While I agree with most of your post such as there being a too small footballing population, there being a underlying structural problem and it's fair to say seeing China in a near future World Cup is a lot to ask, however where I have my problems with Wei Di is his handling of Gao Hongbo, wasting three years of work hiring Camacho who has no knowledge of Chinese football and who seemed to have named a very simular side that sucked so badly in the previous World Cup campaign. Wei Di will be judged on the big changes he makes and his first big one hasn't turned out too well so unless I suddenly see a bunch of Chinese soccer schools built and funded by the CFA with a long term plan my opinion of Wei Di won't change any time soon.

4. Puckodum

Puckodum Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Sweden
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

Yes u are right, the team is pretty much the same, the only difference is when Gao was in charge the players looked more motivated and generally more confident. I don´t know if it´s Camacho´s fault or the interpreter Zhou Yi´s, and as been pointed out here before i think the latter is more likely. And of course every little thing adds up and finds it way back to the incompetent CFA

5. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

In your opinion, if we look only forward and not back, the next three must-win games, what needs to be done by the CFA, Camacho, or anybody else?

6. Puckodum

Puckodum Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Sweden
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

Well, for the CFA i guess nothing as whatever they do it won´t be a short term plan, i don´t think it will affect the 3 remaining games.

If i were Camacho, id switch formations to 4-4-2. We are all aware that we don´t have any good lone forwards at the moment, Gao Lin, Yang Xu are decent but more often than not they end up at the wings and leaving us with noone to cross it to. If we have 2 forwards atleast one of them will always be available for a cross...

Also he needs to instill the players with confidence, we know these players can play good football and confidence plays a huge part in that.
    Oh and he needs to make them work on their crosses, doesn´t matter if we make 100 crosses a game if all of them end up too far

these are just small things i can think of, i´m not an football expert nor do i claim to be so i can´t really say for sure what needs to be done, but i think those things i listed could make a difference, even if only a small one.

7. cfb21

cfb21 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    London

[​IMG]

lol at how happy they look

8. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA

中国足球需要外力

今天醒得早,就看了中国队的50分钟以后的半场球。
    说实话,输得一点都不冤。因为看了伊拉克被罚下场一人之后,没有看到中国队创造太多的机会。前场的定位球水平,最简单的传接球技术和跑位意识都没有,当然难以进球了。
    其实中国足球现在的发展水平大致可以相比于日本的70年代末。那个时候,日本也是经济腾飞,大家都拼命赚钱,等到80年代了,平心静气了,开始老老实实踢足球了。中国估计也是到了这个所谓低谷吧。
    如何从这个低谷慢慢往上爬,是一个长期的技术活。这中间,要求你青少年足球运动的普及,要求职业联赛的水平提高,等等。
    但在这个阶段,应该有的来自外面的助力,尤其是高水平地区的助力,就比较重要。
    比如日本在足球起飞的时候,来自巴西的日本后裔就帮了不少忙。而在美国足球起飞的过程中,一个是来自南美的移民,一个是欧洲出生长大的美国人(很多甚至一次美国都没有来过),也帮了不少大忙。
    今天的世界足球强队中,比如荷兰,靠了不少来自南美苏里南的球员,比如法国,靠了不少来自于非洲的球员。比如意大利,里面也有出生长大在阿根廷、美国等等地方的球员。
    比较有意思的是阿根廷队,其国家青年队的两名主力前锋,都是来自美国。一个是从小移民美国,在美国踢大的,一个完全就是出生在美国,土生土长。这两个球员,都是读完高中,才回到阿根廷俱乐部踢球的。
    因此中国的国籍管理制度,必须有所改变。比如说,欧洲人的法子,是你只要有一个祖父母是意大利人,那么你就可以拿到意大利国籍。
    美国其实是不承认双重国籍的。但是为了便于到欧洲踢联赛,美国的球员,全是拿了其他欧洲国家的护照,在欧洲踢球。
    中国可以按照相同的法子,比如说,如果你是巴西华裔,那么你的祖父母有一个是出生在中国,那么你就可以申请得到中国国籍。
    全球人才的竞争,在足球领域也是如此。

9. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003

All expatriate businesspeople seeking to do business in China must donate their first born son to the Chinese National Team.

10. cfb21

cfb21 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    London
  11. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

winning three games in a row is pretty much an impossible task for team china.

jordan needs one more win and technically they are qualified, and they gonna do it at HOME against singapore.

this makes our china vs. iraq (away match) break or make.

did the probabilities on my head, i am sad to say, that is almost impossible.
    this would be a great chance for team china to redeem its ruined image, but i am not convinced the team could do it..

12. shanghai_ultra

Mar 29, 2006
    Shanghai
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

Thought I would offer my opinions as a casual observer of the Chinese national team for the first time.

Watched the game tonight. China quite unlucky, a draw would have been a fair result. Their performance was a big improvement on their last competitive game against Jordan, a game which they thoroughly deserved to lose.

However in tonight's game, Feng Renliang played very well (I'm biased as a Shenhua fan) but his crossing was poor. He's also a one trick pony, stepping over then using his speed to get to the byline. But at least he created chances.

Gao Lin played not bad. Yang Zhi also did well. Defence was poor. Surprised by Lei Weifeng. Thought he would be a steadying influence on the back four, seems he's past it at intenational level.

I agree with the previous posters about the structural problems in CHina as regards football development. But I think despite this, China still has a good enough team to qualify for the world cup, if they play to their best and develop confidence in themselves.

For my money, Han Peng should be in the squad. If you want a lone striker, he's China's best option.

13. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

That's an interesting take. To think of it, Rong Zhihang, the captain (a real captain, in skill in form in spirit, not some stupid idiot like Leak Weifeng) of the Gu Guangming squad, arguably the strongest squad the PRC has ever fielded, was actually born in Indonesia.

14. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

yo teamdragon
    what is Rong Zhikang's name in Chinese?

15. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

Rong Zhihang 容志行,
    Gu Guangming 古广明(古仔)

16. cfb21

cfb21 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    London

One curiosity:

张文钊 (simplified) / 張文釗 (traditional)

Sometimes I see it written as Zhang Wenzhao and other times as Zhang Wenshuo

17. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

zhang wenzhao should be correct
    i might have used zhang wenshuo several times without knowing it, apologies.

source: changchun yatai wiki english page and http://www.nciku.com/search/zh/detail/钊/136145

18. Yiddo Huayi

Yiddo Huayi Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Wellington, NZ
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    New Zealand

*sigh*

Another 4 years' time.

At least there is the CSL...

19. Only_ONE_United

Nov 30, 2008
    Vancouver/Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

Crap, I gather we lost the game this morning?

20. Yiddo Huayi

Yiddo Huayi Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Wellington, NZ
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    New Zealand

Yep - reading the posts in the last few pages is a nice way to start my day!

21. Only_ONE_United

Nov 30, 2008
    Vancouver/Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

Ah oh well. Can't say I'm too shocked with the result these days. Iraq was never going to be a rollover team anyways. Hate to sound like a downer but we probably blew our best chance of advancing with this loss. We will at MOST draw in the Iraq Away game, and probably win the Singapore games. However, I would not be surprised if Iraq actually beats Jordan outright and seals the deal (Jordan probably won't give a damn because they have all but advanced).

After all is said and done, I guess we will see whether the Camacho "long term development" plan is really in the CFA's plan if we have another 3-4 year wait.

22. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

read an article saying that there was a mob of fans (around 2000) surrounded team china's bus.

fans yelled all sorts of profanity and screamed "camacho resign" (in more like a get out/fcuk off tone.)

people middle fingered at the bus, there was even physical confrontation between the fans and security.

the players on the bus didnt look at the fans, only gao lin did.

gg team china.

23. cfb21

cfb21 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    London

Oh sh*t, source? I don't mind if it's in Chinese.

24. lu0hh

lu0hh Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Club:
    Guangzhou Yiyao
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

oh gosh. guys i had the worst nightmare last night. i thought iraq beat china

25. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada

i just don't see why china keeps playing a lone striker. i understand that our best players on paper are in the midfield, but the way we've been playing hasn't make use of that 5 man midfield at all, and it's just really one dimensional wing play without the good final cross. gao lin - as well as he played today - isn't a target man who's going to get on the end of most of those crosses, and we didn't have the box to box midfielders needed to shift the momentum forward. seemed like today, other than chen tao, the other midfielders (ZZ, huang bowen) were damn reluctant to go even near the box, let alone take a shot. ended up most of the time in the 2nd half with shots from outside of the box, or gao lin/chen tao/one of feng renliang or wu pingfeng mobbed by 4 iraqi defenders and the cross being shit/knocked out easily.

i think the turning point was when zhang chengdong came on. he didn't do much himself actually, but shifting to 2 up front forced open the channels and i think that's what gave wu pingfeng and yu hai/feng renliang a lot of chances to run. over the past 5 years i really haven't seen an experiment that didn't involve the lone striker. admittedly our striking options have been limited, but i feel a pairing of gao lin and a speedier alternative will serve us better. i definitely don't see the need to play huang bowen AND ZZ at the same time, as they give us nearly no offensive presence the way they're playing. definitely missed deng's forward thrust today imo.

right now, how i see this is that because we have very talented wing players, the central players seem to always fall back to the wing when no options are present. pretty common occurrence when you consider that gao lin was marked heavily all game, our wingers are hugging the line, and 2 of 3 CMs weren't pushing forward.
    i think with a 442 or even a 4411, we'd have a much better chance at operating more than just from the wings like we did today, and have more options up front as well, considering what's usually lacking is the final pass - more than likely due to the fact that our forward options are getting marked out of the game. 2 strikers can pull more defenders to them, clearing the wing even more, so feng can cut in/run to the byline. as well, this threat of the second striker can perhaps open up central passing lanes as well for the other striker.