Dropping Eyeglasses Since 1924: The 2011 National Team Thread

Discussion in 'China' started by ntg., Sep 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Following from: https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1794398

Thread title credit: only_one_united :)

---

As of September 6th, 2011:

[​IMG]

Upcoming matches:

October 6th, 2011: China vs. U.A.E - (Friendly: Home)
    October 11th, 2011: China vs. Iraq - (2014 Qualifier: Home)
    November 11th, 2011:
    Iraq vs. China - (2014 Qualifier: Away)
    November 15th, 2011: Singapore vs. China - (2014 Qualifier: Away)
    February 29th, 2012: China vs. Jordan - (2014 Qualifier: Home)

2. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Re: Dropping Eyeglasses Since 1924: The 2011 National Team Thread [R]

is it just me or does the title not make sense?

The UAE friendly is confirmed.

http://www.the-afc.com/en/component/joomleague/?view=report&compID=423&matchId=4243

Is this wishful thinking on the AFC's part? (look toward the bottom, something not right to you?)

Interesting that in light of Datou's mistake, there's some talk about Xu Yunlong being called back up. Can't really remember him in the lineup after 2010 qualifying went downhill, but he would be a decent choice to take over as a central defender. Unfortunately, that's how bad China is in the middle, there's no young player who can take that role.

3. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

i think only_one_united wants to say 大跌眼鏡 :)

4. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  5. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

anyone rate Bai Lei as a good player? i remember he had few games for the national team.

from my memory, during Gao Hongbo's era, the following players played as central defender:
    - Zhao Peng
    - Li Xuepeng
    - Feng Xiaoting
    - Zhang Linpeng (i remember he played ONCE as cb for whatever reason)
    - Wang Qiang
    - Ma Chongchong

6. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Li Weifeng mentioned that his defensive mistake was caused by a small lump of soil that unexpectedly lift the ball up. He didn't expect it and failed to kick it away.

He said losing one game isn't the end of the world; all the fans can brand him whatever they want.

Video tells a thousand words:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxL1CBo6XSs"]China vs Jordan ||1-2 All GOALS|| 2014 world cup qualification - YouTube[/ame]

(starts at 1:40)

7. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA

Watched the first half and felt China wasted too much efforts there (the scoring chances are not too many due to fail on last pass). Didn't get chance to watch 2nd half but knew you will get your ass bite.

One area--don't have a good forward. Watched USA vs. Belgium game and one good Belgium forward born in Brazil. Also a good US forward born in Colombia. Sounds like everyone tried to get good forwards somewhere but not China.

8. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002

Bai's not ready to start. Camacho is unlikely to pick anybody who isn't currently starting in the CSL
    Zhao - Don't think we need to discuss him
    Li - he's probably the future, but not there yet
    Feng - He should be an automatic starter, I'd prefer next to Datou or even Xu over Du Wei
    Zhang - Never going to happen, he's a wingback and not even a starter at Guangzhou
    Wang - No
    Ma - not going to happen, he's not played once this season

9. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

How about Han Peng?

China's problem is simple, there's no Hao Haidong-like finisher up front and there's no Fan Zhiyi-like defender in the back. You'll get low scoring without a finisher up front and worse, you'll get yourself in trouble at all the wrong turns when you have a professional leaker in the back like Leak Weifeng.

LOL. What a freaking idiot. More likely, it was caused by a small lump of soil in his head. From the replay, the idea of tapping it out of bounds didn't even cross his head.

10. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Armenia loves Dong Fangzhuo ;)

11. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

i still dunno why Gao and Camacho didn't choose Han Peng.
    the media never gave any explanation, they even asked Han Peng, he doesn't know too :(

12. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

Good point. Given everything that's happening, should give Dong a chance.

Call up Sun Jihai too. Let the guy play for the NT for real for once in his career. Arguably still the best defender China has to offer now.

13. YLbowman

YLbowman Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Remember that we were missing Gao Lin. He has scored pretty much all our goals recently.

For anyone who wants to see full-length Chinese NT games click here: http://www.youtube.com/user/fduphysics

14. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002

Let Dong become an Armenian citizen then, that's the only way he'll ever see national team football again.

Gao used Han a few times, but not as much as he should, I think Camacho will seriously consider Han in his next roster. The CFA has their process for picking players and has those that are pickable and those that aren't, Han hasn't been straight up blacklisted, but he has an uphill battle to ever have the CFA allow him to be in the side.

We're not trying to qualify for the 2002 World Cup again...

15. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

holy shit thanks for the link!
    now i could actually see how Wang Yang, Wang Gang, Maitijiang and Olympics players played.

16. YLbowman

YLbowman Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

If we play the same controlling football we did last night then we should easily beat them at home. Also Iraq's home stadium doesn't feel like home to them as the game against Jordan was the first time they were able to play a home game in Iraq since 2003...and look at the result

ntg: your welcome :)

17. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000

What kind of lame excuse is that? Two horrible mistakes in two straight games. Enough said.

18. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

Did you suddenly realize that or that's something Leak Weifeng told you in the locker room?

19. ruazn2

ruazn2 Member

Jul 25, 2006
    California
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

Next game we should have Gao Lin and Deng Zhuoxiang back I think? Deng might have some impact but our midfield is pretty solid. Gao might help up front, maybe the NT needs to play 2 forwards to better capitalize on the chances but I don't think we've played 2 forwards in a while. Either way, we are not going to find a super striker or a super defender in the next few months to fix our issues so we just have to work with what we got. I'm just hoping Camacho after 2 games and the next friendly will have a better idea of the players and hopefully come up with some better tactics b/c our players are not going to improve all of a sudden in a few months/weeks. Not have enough confidence or fight is always the problem of our NT. They really need to hire a good sports psychologist to fix that, I do't think that's something Camacho or any coach can fix.

20. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

Two forwards with Gao Lin and Dong is not a bad attacking format. If Camacho is trying new things this may not be such a bad thing to try.

21. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
  22. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

[​IMG]

i might look like a put0 maric0n, but i am destined to leech team china.

23. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

btw, for those who dun understand chinese
    forza's article mentioned zhou yi, our lovely translator and best friend, will stay in team china.

two more translators will be hired
    now imagine three exciting zhou yis!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. cfb21

cfb21 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    London

My China line up:

[LINEUP-4-5-1]Han Peng/Gao Lin, Yu Hai, Hao Junmin, Deng Zhuoxiang, Zhao Xuri, Zheng Zhi, Sun Xiang, Feng Xiaoting, Zhang Xinxin, Xu Yunlong, Yang Zhi[/LINEUP-4-5-1]

Substitutes/Reserves:
    GK: Zeng Cheng
    CB: Du Wei
    RB: Zhang Linpeng
    LB: Rong Hao
    CM: Huang Bowen
    CAM: Yang Hao
    CAM: Chen Tao
    RM: Qu Bo
    LM: Feng Renliang
    ST: Yang Xu

Explanations

Attack: Yang Xu and Han Peng are the highest goalscorers in the CSL, Yang Xu is proving that he is not lethal enough, so now it's time to give Han Peng a shot, who is probably the best Chinese striker at heading the ball. If Han Peng doesn't work, I'll go for Gao Lin, he plays with Zheng Zhi every week and they will link up well.

Midfield: I don't really think I have to defend myself much here. Yu Hai always performs, Deng is pretty much an all round CM who takes great FKs, Zhao Xuri provides a certain combination of strength and quality that no other Chinese DM can offer, Zheng Zhi's experience and work rate is great, he wins back the ball really well and Hao Junmin is pure class.

Defence: Guangzhou and Beijing Guon are the teams who have conceded the least goals in the CSL, I would have wanted to use the whole of Beijing Guoan's defence, but Zhou Ting and Zhang Yonghai are both old, so I decided to use the left side of Guangzhou's defence, with the right side of Beijing's defence. The chemistry should be good and the fact they have conceded so few goals compared to all the other teams must mean something.

Goalkeeper: Do I even have to explain my decision here?

25. Zhou Botong

Zhou Botong Member

Oct 15, 2007

It's OK. It's early days. Jordan will most likely beat Singapore to top the group at the halfway mark. Just remember it is top two that advance. So the focus is now on getting into second spot and that means getting the points ahead of Iraq.

Beat Iraq at home and draw away.
    Beat Singapore away and draw Jordan at home and that should do.