Dream 9: May 26th : Yokohama Arena [R]

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Robdog, May 22, 2009.

1. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    I try my best to bring diversity here. MMA isn't just about the UFC. There are other good organizations out there. Free your mind and your ass will follow

First Round Super Hulk Grand Prix

* Bob Sapp vs. Ikuhisa Minowa
    * Hong Man Choi vs. José Canseco
    * Jan Nortje vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou
    * Gegard Mousasi vs. New Zealand Mark Hunt

Lightweight Bout

* Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Gesias Calvancante

Second Round Feather Weight Grand Prix

* Abel Cullum vs. Hideo Tokoro
    * Yoshiro Maeda vs. Hiroyuki Takaya
    * Masakazu Imanari vs. Bibiano Fernandes
    * Norifumi Yamamoto vs. Joe Warren

Dream Middleweight Title Fight

* Jason Miller vs. Ronaldo Souza

2. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Totally agreed - I need to get an HDTV and thus HDNet so I can watch these shows at home. :D

And I am all about the diversity: everyone should feel free to post about upcoming shows. Any West Coast people around here that can speak to the indy leagues out there?

-- The Super Hulk Grand Prix is a total freak show. I wonder how much in debt Canseco must be to do this. He can make some scratch off his name alone - his brother Ozzie was a very big deal in the Baseball League over there.

-- Choi hasn't been the same since getting the surgery to cure his acromegaly.

-- Kid Yamamoto is the man.

3. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Well if you are talkin' about Strikeforce, then you will be entertained. Frank Shamrock, Nick Diaz, Cung Le, Scott Smith, hell, you can look at Strikeforce. It is a solid organization with great fighters. I believe Kimo is coming over too. Tito is in Strikeforce, but he is running from Babalu:eek: Oh yeah, Jake Shields is an awesome talent. If you didn't check him out in Elite XC, you can check him out in a couple of weeks vs Robie Lawler

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't forget that the best pound for pound fighter in the World is Fedor and he isn't in UFC. I look forward to the day when MMA fighters are not locked into 1 single org. and can fight for undisputed titles.

5. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    So did anyone catch this event. Pretty epic stuff there. A lot of surprises that materialized.:eek:

6. footreads

footreads New Member

May 30, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I can't wait to see how Fedor does at the Abu Dhabi Grappling Tournament this year.