Draft Argentino!

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by megamac20817, Feb 27, 2007.

1. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Seeing as there's a draft going on in the Beautiful Game section, I got thinking that maybe we could do the same here. Since this would be the first time, I was thinking that maybe I could try a 4 team league to start and see how it goes, then expand it gradually. Basically, the system I have planned would be to use Olé's point grading system for the matches, and the score the player gets is the amount of points he earns for that game. Keep in mind that there will be injuries taken into account, so use backups and subs.

If this works out and we can get an actual thing going, I'll add some more teams. And if this system proves cumbersome (Which I admit is likely...), then I'll see what changes can be made, and I'm open to any suggestions or volunteers to help judge.

2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm down.. Hopefully others are willing to participate.. This seems interesting.

3. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
  4. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    explain it in detail and get in...

good idea

5. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    yeah this would be awesome, i've always look for one for the argentine league but never found one, there's always for the premiership league or the spanish league but never for argentina.

you could start out with 100 points to each player and they have to pick 16 player (11 starters, 5 subs) and each player has a certain value i.e. lavezzi 15, carrizo 7, etc...

just a though. but whatever you decide im in.

6. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'll be travelling quite a bit in March. Depends on when it starts, I might be able to participate. If not I'll just sit back and criticize the participants. :D

What we also ought to do at some point is a historical draft for Argentina. I participated in one for Brazil and one for Italy, and also when we did the all time draft of all nations in the Beautiful Game forum, and it's a lot of fun to bring up some old timers. Plus, there's always something to learn, some great one we hadn't heard of. Argentina has so many great ones, from years past.

7. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ideally it would start in March when I start getting Ole's every day again, but we could easily delay it until later to tinker with a system that won't require Ole.

8. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Don't delay it on my account. Now would be a good time to do it, as the season just got started. If I cannot join, I will try to follow it and comment, at least.

Are you thinking of limiting it to players who play in Argentina, or include all Argentines around the world? And, how about foreigners playing in Argentina?

9. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    lanacion.com.ar go to deportes, futbol, clasura, and there fichajes of games. and it will show you the rankings of the players from three different sources including ole. the only thing that it lack is that i don't think that it does non-tv games.

10. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The thing is that I trust Ole more than La Nacion in terms of sports, no doubt about it.

@ ASF: For now I'm keeping it local, because Ole doesn't usually cover that many Argentines abroad (Only the main ones). Eventually though we'll expand it to Argentines in Europe as well.

11. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    well it won't work anyway since it only does certain games, i.e. arsenal-nueva chicago isn't there. but they include the ratings of ole.

i think that you should do the argentine league for now. not just argentine players.

12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, let's make a conclusion and get this thing started.. The 4th fecha is already going to start soon.

13. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That's a good idea, but at the same time I don't like it. Why? Because everyone would pick basically the same players (Carrizo, Palacio, Belluschi, Riquelme, Falcao, Pavone, etc.). Maybe we should do like they did in other drafts, where you get to pick a player after a cetain amount of hours, unless someone picked him already.

Another idea, to make it fair for those who aren't online when drafting starts, is to pick a certain amount of teams and participants today. Let's say 5 people sign up, then those will be the 5 people who will play. Then tomorrow we can all take turns and pick one player at a time, in order of those who signed up, until we get teams of eleven.

Either way, I'm down.. Just notify me when it starts. :cool:

14. kronz21

kronz21 Member

Mar 17, 2006
    cleveland
    iam down too just notify me as well when it starts.

15. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We seem to have 5-6 participants without including me, so how's about we all get this started? Just come up with a team name if you want and tomorrow at at Noon EST we'll start the picks. If you come up with a team jersey and all that cool stuff you'll get a bonus :D

Any new applicants have until 11 AM EST to get their applications in. Then we will proceed to pick one player at a time by order of application (loco, bosterosoy, efe, elciclon, ASF, kronz21)

Also, considering there's a very good chance that you might not be around when it's your turn, make sure to always send me a list of 5 picks before hand.

EDIT: If everybody agrees, we can actually start the drafting now and then do the names and all that after.

16. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    yeah im down with however, but the way im talking about, whenever you pick someone they get taken out of the draw. but whatever im down.

17. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I say start the draft as soon as possible. Since Megamac already claimed that there will be an order for people to pick, I think we should just start.. I'm the first of the list, and I'm ready to make my pick already.. It's not like it's going to affect others, since I've already been chosen to pick first. :D

Let the draft begin!

18. kronz21

kronz21 Member

Mar 17, 2006
    cleveland
    is it just the argentine league? or all argentine players?

19. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Just the Argentine league.. Megamac is using a newspaper (Ole) which gives players ratings after each week. It would be great with all Argentine players, but they don't rate the ones in foreign countries..

Hopefully you are still interested.. If not, thanks for your interest!

20. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    man i want this to start like now. ahhh.!!!

21. maxpepper

maxpepper Member

Jan 29, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I wanna play but I have no idea how this draft works... :(

22. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You pick players (we have a small list of participants so far.. you must sign up before 11 AM EST tomorrow..). We go in order of signups, and get to pick one player at a time.. So far, for example, I would pick a player, then it would be bosterosoy's turn, then efe, then elciclon, then ASF, then kronz21, etc. When the list is done, it's back at my turn to pick my second player. I don't know how many players we will have per team, but I am guessing 11?

Anyway, Megamac will use Diario Ole's player ratings each weekend to award you points. If you have Belluschi on your team and Ole gives him 10 points on Sunday vs. Argentinos, then you will get those points.

Hope you understood.. Feel free to ask any questions.

23. maxpepper

maxpepper Member

Jan 29, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    thx locoxriver,

sign me up then :)

24. Colon

Colon New Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Some bar
    Sign me up :)

25. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Are injured players elegible? It could be a problem, because they won't be getting rated by Ole.