Dos Santos and Vela v. Franco and Sinha to the WC

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by El Kapitan, Sep 20, 2005.

1. El Kapitan

El Kapitan New Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Here's a question I heard in a radio show and I'm interested to know what you think.

Take the two talented young mexicans, not play them and let them learn.

or

Take Guille and Sinha, two grown naturalized players that can play right now and provide some help for this WC, but they might not be back for the next one (AKA; Caballero).

2. eL-ShorTy

eL-ShorTy Member

Sep 18, 2005
    San Antonio
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Take all four. :D

3. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    As usual, the Mexican press is jumping the gun. These two are too young, give them time .

4. eL-ShorTy

eL-ShorTy Member

Sep 18, 2005
    San Antonio
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I know the Dos santos and Vela aren't gonna be call.

5. Necaxista

Necaxista New Member

Oct 23, 2004
    Cuernavaca
    Club:
    Club Necaxa
    Nat'l Team:
    Namibia
    Fvking idiotic we come to this world cup to try and win, not to teach the youngsters how to play. There will be plenty of time after the mundial to get them to know the game better and play better.

6. Rey_Azteka

Rey_Azteka New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Long Beach C.A
    iv said it once and ill say it again...

these are still kids... shlt they still play with little cars.

give them some time... there number will be called.

7. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    That will be Hugo Sanchez era!!! El Tris future looks bright!

8. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    that's right...

9. Rey_Azteka

Rey_Azteka New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Long Beach C.A
    Aggred...

that will be ownage

10. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
    I heard right after Televisa deportes, a commercial of celebremos Mexico, that Vela has already earn a place in the maximum circuit, i guess tha tmeans the NT.

11. eL-ShorTy

eL-ShorTy Member

Sep 18, 2005
    San Antonio
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No that means he earn a place with the Chivas. The first team. :)

12. JoeFX

JoeFX Member

Aug 14, 2004
    Mexico's third base
    A friend told me that Vergara said something about starting Vela with Chivas' first team so that seems more plausible. I don't have links so I can't back it up.

13. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
    Either way, i'm happy for him.

14. jmarquez1976

jmarquez1976 New Member

May 5, 2005
    No muerdas!
    Yup, towards the end of the season....one of the chiefs at Chivas (could have been De la Torre) talked about Carlos coming up to the first team for this season and that he was expected to be better than Alejandro.

15. Kur #10

Kur #10 Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Mexico Citay
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Why the fvck is Vergara saying he'll put Vela on Chivas first squad? Isn't that a decision the coach should make?

16. Goofy

Goofy Member

Jun 10, 2005
    support for oneself.
    I find it very interesting how the press all of a sudden decides to play coach and place these two players in a World Cup roster when in fact they haven't even debuted as benchwarmers in a professional match.
    I saw that stinking "celebremos mexico" and immediately I thought "there goes Televisa again, hyping away a kid just a week ago they didnt give a scheiße about"
    As for Vergara putting that Vela kid in Chivas 1st team, well, I hope I'm wrong, but this won't be the first time Chivas (and Televisa, btw) fü¢ks up a prospect. Remember PEdro Pineda? The guy who got signed by A.C. Milan? After the hype, Chivas back then not only promoted him to the 1st team, he even started in his debut game... and gloriously sucked a$$. And while he had a fairly long career and scored a lot, he never lived up to the hype, rather being notoriously indisciplined and changing teams every season.
    Older fans may remember another Chiva never-was: Victor Rangel.
    Leave it to them to screw things up...

17. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    if a player cant handle the hype or pressure... the fualt lies on him...no one else

didnt we have a discussion in another thread and some were comapling we dont market are players... now that we are marketing them... you guys bitch...

jeezz... the nerve of some people

18. el_zacatecano

el_zacatecano New Member

Jul 11, 2004
    Clovis, Ca.
    Is it me, or has Vela played better than Dos Santos thus far? Whatever the case may be, I think at this point it looks like Mexico has two promising forwards. The operative word is, "promising."

19. jmarquez1976

jmarquez1976 New Member

May 5, 2005
    No muerdas!
    I agree....part of it is that Dos Santos absorbs a lot of defender's attention but Vela has been as good as Giovani.

20. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    I totally agree and now Las Chivas will add additional player to their squad another Vela. Like I said Las Chivas are back in action woooo lets see oh and I think Vela playing with the national team would be great leaving no room for franco even better I can imagin Borgetti and Vela up in the front and Temoc close behind we would be unstoppable not to mention Dos Santos I wonder if Brazil is shaking?

21. El Kapitan

El Kapitan New Member

Aug 28, 2005
    I also heard Vergara's statement about Vela and is true, he wants to debut him right away with the first team, meanwhile the guy who claims to be Chivas coach didn't say much, just that they were going to be looking at the subject, the only one that was fairly rational was Alejandro Vela, his older bro, who said:

"Now Vergara want to debut him!!! *LAUGHS* You have to give players time to develop, you can just send them to the first team with out completing a cycle, I do expect he comes back playing better and be more mature, but I don't think he's ready"

22. ezyM

ezyM Member

Jun 16, 2005
    GDS isn't producing goals, but he is creating the play for the goals...i think that he has 4 in two games...it's impressive that he has many defenders on him, just like jmarquez1976 says, and yet he still has the creativity to make plays...patient, confident, and skilled...maybe a Zinedine Zidane in the making... :cool:

23. eL-ShorTy

eL-ShorTy Member

Sep 18, 2005
    San Antonio
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    His been close in scoring atleast 2-3 goals. If he starts scoring goals mexico is gonna be tougher to beat.

24. PanchoM

PanchoM Member

Nov 3, 2001
    PalmsPlace
    Hugo Has more of a problem with Dos Santo's father then he does with LaVolpe . I cant picture Hugo as Dos santo's coach . :cool:

25. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan

I doubt many 16 yr olds could handle that kind of pressure that well. Giovanny seems very composed on interviews tho.