Dortmund Handed Massive Amoroso Blow

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Mario, Aug 2, 2002.

1. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    Borussia Dortmund's hopes of retaining the Bundelsiga title have been dealt a massive blow with the news that star striker Marcio Amoroso will miss the first three months of the season.

The club have revealed that the Brazilian international has an Achilles tendon inflammation.

The striker netted 18 league goals last season to help Dortmund to their first Bundesliga title since 1996.

2. Benedict XVI

Benedict XVI Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Ciudad del Encanto
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    amoroso is a jerkface.

3. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    :eek: damn he's a great striker!!!

4. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    Dortmund will definitely miss him as their other centers aren't nearly as good. However, the problems with the Achilles tendon were well known, he had them throughout his career. That's really nothing anyone can wonder about.

5. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    Although I don't wish injury on anyone, I think it serves Dortmund right. Of course knowing the BVB, they'll WAY overpay for another Brazilian striker to replace him.

6. Matze

Matze New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    dresden, germany
    i dont think that they will miss him much. they have a lot of other great strikers (ewerthon, koller, herrlich ......) and many of amorosos goals last year were scored by penaltys.

its nice to see him playing, but i think hes overrated.

7. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    Herrlich is injured, Ewerthon a wing forward and Koller is not a good finisher (also better on the wings). It's right that Amoroso scored many pk's, but it were also his dives who caused the pk's.

8. Matze

Matze New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    dresden, germany
    last season they played very often without amoroso big parts of their games.

and perhaps they should "reactivate" bobic, he was before he came to dortmund a good striker. or they use some young talents and not only brasilian superstars ;)

9. Amoroso got a lot of goals and was out for a lot of the season. I hope they get him back in the team and in form quickly.

I am more worried that Lehmann is out to start.