Kekuta Manneh in Canada

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by BostonRed, Sep 14, 2017.

1. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    my point exactly.....the level of vitriol for a player barely on the team for a game or two....belies a bias/hatred that is pre-exisiting or based on factors aside from performance....there isn't a big enough sample-size to make any definitive statements about how he will fit at pachuca yet....

give him some time......might take months or years....but writing him off after weeks is clearly just blind hatred, imo.

Borrachin repped this.
  2. Borrachin

Borrachin Member+

Feb 28, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't call Pachuca big, but whatever.

3. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    In any case they’re significantly more important than any MLS club and it was still a huge jump in quality. For that troll saying the sample size is too small, not really. I’d argue that although a lot of players take time to adapt, you see at least signs of their quality early on. He hasn’t done a single impressive thing despite starting every Copa MX game so far. When you look at who he’s behind in that position, they’re simply at another level (one of them also is a recent signing). Alonso himself (possibly without being careful with his words) said it was going to take him a lot of work before he was fit to play the league.

We’re just as critical of other players, of the coach, and of Jesus Martinez when they deserve it. If people don’t wanna hear that he sucks, too bad. I’m here to update the thread for people that want to know how he is doing.

4. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    They've won 2 Champions Leagues, a Copa Sudamericana, and 6 league titles. They're not a small team.

Gacm32, Winoman and Centauro del Norte repped this.
  5. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    The signings have been off for about 3 tournaments now. You have some great ones like Sagal and Honda but then there’s guys like Robert Herrera, Manneh, Walter Gonzalez, and that dude from Everton. Chaco is a legend but we weren’t really in a position to just give him charity PT. Pachuca have been quick to send players to Mineros or Leon in the past so we’ll just have to wait and see.

6. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Exactly... They are the only team so far to ever win an international trophy outside their federation... Also, the only Mexican team with the personality to stand on South American soil and claim the title...

Gacm32 repped this.
  7. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    We have 5 CONCACAF titles if you count the old format, which wasn’t that long ago.

Gacm32 repped this.
  8. Borrachin

Borrachin Member+

Feb 28, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They have been successful, but Mexicans would never call a team like Pachuca big. They consider America, Chivas, even Cruz Azul believe it or not big. They are barely talking about Tigres and Monterrey being categorized big.

9. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to ask...how many games a week do you watch? Because no matter what league is being discussed, you tell us about every team. You either literally watch 50 games a week or youre a deluded bullshitter. How do you manage to watch so much? Even if i ditched the wife and kids i couldnt manage.
    Yeah, this guy was marginal in MLS, a league that plays to his strengths. How was he going to succeed in a better league that DOESN’T suit him?

Salmos and Gacm32 repped this.
  10. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    This is correct, although I’d go a bit further in saying from the teams considered big, only America seems to have a good outlook. Money is happening in MX and if the trends continue, titles are going to be shared among America, Tigres, Monterrey, and probably eventually Tijuana. Chivas won’t have any consistent success so long as they have their no foreigner rule. There just aren’t enough top Mexican talent that clubs are willing to sell. Pachuca luckily has the best youth system in the country and 2-3 feeder clubs where we can basically trial young players. So long as it is run by Martinez and Fassi we’re good.

Winoman and Borrachin repped this.
  11. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    America, Chivas, Pumas & Cruz Azul are the traditional "Cuatro Grandes" in Mexico. Pachuca's Copa Sudamericana is a big honor, though. In a way worth more than any C-CAF cup.

Borrachin repped this.
  12. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's 23 and I've watched him be quite unimpressive since 2013.

Gacm32 and Centauro del Norte repped this.
  13. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah i guess youre right...moving to a new league in a non-english speaking country from the USA shouldnt require any acclimation time.

Sandon Mibut repped this.
  14. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then perhaps Barca should have signed him if all he needs no matter where he plays is a little time to acclimate.

15. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watched him closely for 4 yrs at Vancouver. When he was 18, there was the feeling of exciting potential. 4 yrs later, there was the exact same player which is why it was easy for Caps to trade him for Tchani. He would fit better on a counter attacking MLS squad than Liga MX, imo.

16. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Start in Copa MX today. We’re a goal down early in first half. Just tuned in. Surprised Omar isn’t starting.

17. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Looks like they’re playing him on the right wing but he’s spending a lot of time closer to the striker. Let’s see how he does there.

18. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Team gets eliminated vs Zacatepec in PKs. One of those situations where you know the club is putting as little effort into the tournament as possible in order to focus on the league, and they still manage to embarrass us. Manneh was ok. Speed is picking up and he had a couple good plays. Still shit passing, ball control, and decision making. Everyone was shit but the 18 year olds get a pass.

19. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Dude didn’t even manage to make the bench since my last post. Should be gone this upcoming transfer season. Or will be sent to Mineros.

superdave repped this.
  20. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not surprising. He's a fringe starter/key sub level player for an average MLS team. A guy like that isn't going to be helping a Liga MX team.

21. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
  23. VBCity72

VBCity72 Member+

Aug 17, 2014
    Sunny San Diego
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No way. Adu had mainstream hype. Even grandmas and soccer moms had at least heard of Freddy Adu. The only US soccer fans that know anything about Manneh are the people on this site.

24. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009