Kekuta Manneh in Canada

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by BostonRed, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Starts in Copa MX.

TarHeels17 and Winoman repped this.
  2. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Watching in standard definition but doing my best to not confuse him with the Mosqueda guy.

TBH he seems incredibly slow for a guy who’s known for his speed and who comes from a faster league. It apparently can take ages to adjust to high altitudes.

superdave repped this.
  3. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just looked it up and didn't realize Pachuca was at 8000 ft. That will definitely get your attention as a player.
    If Manneh doesn't have his speed, he won't have much to offer.

4. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    He was pretty terrible TBH. Every time you play an entirely alternate squad it’s difficult to pinpoint how much is on team chemistry and how much is on the individual players. But all things considered, he had a lot of space to create opportunities and didn’t. He seems to just be scared of the ball.

5. LaMascara

LaMascara Member+

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Winoman and BostonRed repped this.
  6. LaMascara

LaMascara Member+

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Link to the match

Srarts on the lw in a 4-2-3-1.

7. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Got about 10 minutes PT today. That's his debut in Liga MX I think. Absolutely useless player in my eyes but if he can get lucky again (Palacios was out injured), he could make the bench again and get a few minutes and impress the coach. Aguirre who is the starter usually gasses out at about minute 65. (I guess it doesn't say much about Manneh that Alonso held onto Aguirre until minute 80).

8. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uh, way over the top with that.

USSoccerNova, LaMascara and Winoman repped this.
  9. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    okay...sorry. @Salmos why do you hate manneh?

is that better/different?

ChrisSSBB repped this.
  10. LaMascara

LaMascara Member+

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Because he cares for the club just the same as me and seeing Maneh lost in the game while we are losing and important match fills me with rage against the board for buying him and Alonso for playing him.

Winoman and Gacm32 repped this.
  11. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    That's the people deserving of your anger. Anyone could have told them Manneh was a poor fit for Pachuca's style. No point in acting all surprised when he just stands there not understanding what the rest are doing, it's the board's fault for getting a round peg for a square hole.

Winoman and LaMascara repped this.
  12. Borrachin

Borrachin Member+

Feb 28, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How do you know this? Do you attend every practice? How do you know that he doesn't impress in practice. Two games and he is already a bad fit? Do you know something we don't?

adam tash repped this.
  13. Borrachin

Borrachin Member+

Feb 28, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tell us about Pachuca's style?

14. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    They're a team that combines a lot and use a 4-2-3-1 where the side guys on the 3 line cut inside and use more technique than speed to provide assists through the middle.

Yes, they used Lozano's speed in his time there, but back then they played a 4-3-3 with Chucky in a combination winger-left forward role. Now, Manneh's main attribute is speed and he's weak at dribbling and combining, which is exactly what they need.

15. LaMascara

LaMascara Member+

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    I dont need to attend practice to know he was lost vs Toluca and I dont care if its only been two games he was bad yesterday.

16. LaMascara

LaMascara Member+

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    This past games we have played without a striker and the wingers job was to cut inside and finish depending on where the ball is.

17. LaMascara

LaMascara Member+

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Dispite my frustration I still think he could be useful in the future as a striker.

I remember enner Valencia looked pedestrian as a winger until Ojitos mesa changed him to a striker position. Then he tore the liga apart.

Same with Aviles hurtado.

18. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the problem is Manneh isn't that good.

UxSxAxfooty and superdave repped this.
  19. LaMascara

LaMascara Member+

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    That could also be the case.

20. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Plenty of a-bit-under-mediocre players in MX, the point is knowing how to use them.

21. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    He has played more than two games when we include Copa MX and hasn’t really impressed in any of them. He was on the bench this weekend because Palacios was out. He played only because Aguirre can’t go 90. And we watch every game so yes, we do know something you don’t. I feel bad for the kid, you can tell he was really motivated to come here, not his fault he’s total shit.

I also agree that the only position where there might be some hope is striker.

22. Borrachin

Borrachin Member+

Feb 28, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have seen guys be shit only to pick it up, too early to write him off. I don't know the guy, but it seems like he stole something from you all.

adam tash repped this.
  23. Borrachin

Borrachin Member+

Feb 28, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe that is what they were hoping for, to replicate what Lozano was doing and go back to 4-3-3

24. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Are we really having a debate regarding bias toward/against Kekuta Manneh? The same guy who, playing as a winger, averaged a goal contribution every three games in MLS?

Occam's Razor this one. He isn't good, and it's weird that he's on a club as big as Pachuca.

Gorky repped this.
  25. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That might be because Pachuca signed him as a free agent... But I agree... Whoever did the scouting, and brought him to La Bella Airosa, should be immediately fired...