Kekuta Manneh in Canada

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by BostonRed, Sep 14, 2017.

1. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like this move a lot.

For one, it's better than Sweden or Bundesliga 2. Second, he can always try Europe again and get trials (or earn a transfer if he does well) later on down the road. three, he can still always come back to MLS as well. four, it is the right type of environment for him to test himself and hopefully improve....

the only downside is if he doesnt get playing time...which is a possibility, i would assume.

that said, i predict Manneh will do really well in mexico....and use this move to advance his career further from there.

2. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    The only thing to dislike about this move is all the crapola BSMX is going to say about him, regardless of how he plays.

3. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When all they have to say about Pulisic is that he's Pulisuck and Pulibench, which doesn't even make sense, or that Diego Lainez who's never even scored a pro goal is better than him, why would anyone take them seriously?

It's actually interesting how obsessed they are with us, both our players and the endless quoting of our fans.

Winoman, Alexisonfire and Suyuntuy repped this.
  4. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @LaMascara
    Any insights into his chances for playing time?

5. LaMascara

LaMascara Member+

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Honestly I haven't kept up with the preseason but assuming he is a rw he will have to compete with Honda for playing time.

6. LaMascara

LaMascara Member+

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    On a recent interview Diego Alonso said that Maneh could play on both sides of the wing but his preferred position is on the left. He also mentioned that he needs alot of work but he is still young.

Alonso mentioned that Maneh has had 3 training sessions so far and has been able to adapt ok but needs to work alot more on his intensity.

7. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds about right. Definitely better on left. Intensity is not his thing and certainly not a 90 minute player. When he played along side 16 yr old Alphonso Davies at Vancouver, it was striking how he looked like the youth player. I have a feeling Manneh's technical ability won't wow anyone in Liga MX, but should be good enough as an attacking sub.

Dr.Phil and LaMascara repped this.
  8. LaMascara

LaMascara Member+

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Pl@ymaker repped this.
  9. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    After Chucky left and Puch flopped, Pachuca's not using the wings much. I guess Manneh has a fair shot if they change formation, otherwise it's going to be tough.

10. LaMascara

LaMascara Member+

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Puch the 7 million flop. Still hurts.
    The reason why we wernt using the wings was because puch, Honda, and Aguirre were injured most of the season.

That's why Sagal was converted to a lw.

Winoman repped this.
  11. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i noticed the same thing in columbus.

is there any kinda reason why he seemingly isnt able to go a full 90 at full speed?

is it something physically? weird for such a young and fast player to seem to have little stamina/intensity.....

LaMascara repped this.
  12. LaMascara

LaMascara Member+

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    #62 LaMascara, Jan 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    It might be the way he regulates his jogs and runs. Learning when to run and when to jog is extremely important for wingers like him.

13. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah i could see that....the game i first noticed that was a game he played for columbus when he came on as a second half sub but ran himself ragged and was actually winded after only being on the field for part of the second half and i was thinking how is he already exhausted....but he was making some long sprints back to back to back.......so i guess it would get anyone......then again, i just saw on the haji wright thread that he was getting called out for joggin behind a play so i guess the only solution is to be in such good shaped that you are never winded.??

Winoman and LaMascara repped this.
  14. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
  15. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    A broken foot ended his '16 season. His fitness work may not have been complete by the start of the '17 season.

16. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    He's kind of goofy looking but seems like a good kid and very motivated. The thing about Alonso is he's not very versatile yet, tactically speaking. Here's something I posted elsewhere and more or less the line up you will probably see throughout the tournament:

-------------------------------------------------- Jara ---------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Honda
    ------------ Aguirre/Tucu ------------------------------- Guzman ----------------------------------
    ------------------------------------ Guti -----------------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------- Hernandez ----------------------------------------------
    Mani ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Shaggy
    ---------------------------------- Murillo ---------------- Gonzalez ----------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------- Blanco -------------------------------------------------

He can replace Tucu Palacios as a late sub but the problem is so can Aguirre. If he can cross worth a damn, he'll be handy once Walter Gonzalez replaces Jara as striker. Not gonna lie, we have way too many players up there. IMO Guzman should take over Guti's spot (very sad to say), with either Honda or Jara covering Guzman's spot, and Gonzalez up top.

ChrisSSBB repped this.
  17. LaMascara

LaMascara Member+

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    DTsb-e_X0AEA6gx.jpeg

He is on the list for the Copa MX today at 9:05 p.m. central time

Winoman, TheFalseNine, ChrisSSBB and 3 others repped this.
  18. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Starting

edcrocker and Winoman repped this.
  19. LaMascara

LaMascara Member+

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Pachuca CF

Game about to start..

Not many people on the stands, it must be cold af.

neems, Winoman, ChrisSSBB and 1 other person repped this.
  20. LaMascara

LaMascara Member+

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Pachuca playing with a 4-4-1-1 I belive.

Maneh as a rw.

Edit: nvm he is playing as lw

TarHeels17, edcrocker and Winoman repped this.
  21. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, Pachuca had about 90% possession in first 6 minutes but a misplaced pass by Manneh started a sequence that led to ASL goal.

edcrocker and LaMascara repped this.
  22. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Manneh coming close to scoring twice. Teammate made a nice run down the left and his cross went just over Manneh's head otherwise a goal.

And a couple minutes later he got the ball in the box with his back to goal, spun and hit a good shot that required a save that led to a corner.

edcrocker and Winoman repped this.
  23. LaMascara

LaMascara Member+

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Maneh subbed out he played 56 minutes.

24. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Manneh subbed off in the 57th. Didn't look out of place but also looked rusty (his first game since November) and with San Luis playing so many numbers back Kekuta really didn't have a chance to show his strengths as there wasn't a lot of room for long runs or to make shifty 1-v-1 moves.

25. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    He looked pretty bad like most of the team. Alonso had already said this kid had a long way to go form-wise.

Pl@ymaker repped this.