Donovan Cut - is this the end of Landon?

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by keller4president, May 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPA2TACU5

SPA2TACU5 Member+

Jul 27, 2001
    ATX
    Seriously, just surf around the different Donavan threads.

2. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    So then it wouldn't be too hard for you to find a post outside of a rivalries thread.

If it were that widespread, it would have seeped into this thread.

Put up, or shut up.

3. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I have. I'm not seeing it outside of rivalry threads.

If it's so rampant, prove it.

Put up, or simply shut up.

4. SPA2TACU5

SPA2TACU5 Member+

Jul 27, 2001
    ATX
    Maybe you're blind?

5. Friedel'sAccent

Friedel'sAccent Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rather than playing the man, how about you respond to his question?

UxSxAxfooty and uclacarlos repped this.
  6. SPA2TACU5

SPA2TACU5 Member+

Jul 27, 2001
    ATX
    Ask @El Cid @sidefootsitter for one. Maybe @jond . I'm sure there's others.

7. dcole

dcole Member+

May 27, 2005
    Here's just one of the literally hundreds. No one should have to go find these for you, bro:

Dervos, chrayatl, Dignan and 2 others repped this.
  8. Friedel'sAccent

Friedel'sAccent Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great. How about we stick to the discussion that's actually going on in News and Analysis, though? There's a reason we have a distinction between the two forums, and it's generally not the best course of action to continue feuds and debates in this forum that are going on over there--at least, not in the same terms.

uclacarlos and UxSxAxfooty repped this.
  9. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    I don't even think it was 50/50. The board didn't really turn on Donovan until April 2013 when Klisnmann commented publicly about Donovan's status.

10. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    @uclacarlos I may have been guilty of some attacks against Landon's behaviors, I know I repped a post that at a min said JK thinks LD is a pu$$y. Not sure if it outright called him that or not.

Although I will say it is a far cry from calling him a slave. I am not as mad at Landon for what he idd as I am the supporters who think actions have no consequences and or equate self diagnoses as equivalent to a real and genuine problem. I really think LD did what he has always done, and that is march to his own drumbeat.

Unfortunately for many, that has finally had a consequence in that in the eyes of JK his soccer skills were not good enough to make up for his lack of marching to the coaches tune. silly coaches think that stuff is important to team unity and earning their trust in your participation with the idea of building a culture of excellence, as they the head coach and players boss envision it.

superdave and SPA2TACU5 repped this.
  11. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #4186 superdave, Jun 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
    You should take @El Cid off ignore, then. Oh, and @sidefootsitter too. ANd @TabLalas . And....

EDIT: OK, I wrote this before spartacus' response, and before Mr. Mod told us to chill. So I will chill.

My main point is that any fan who thought Landon made the wrong decision has a ********ed up perspective on the relationship between player and fan. I'm NOT saying we can't comment on how the sabbatical affected Landon's status with the Nats. That's obviously fair game. But that's not personal about Landon, it's about the Nats.

Private Entrance, Dignan and SPA2TACU5 repped this.
  12. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    repped

you get it

13. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    watching this ESPN special finally...not a HINT of a gut on Landon. Not even a litte. Dude is fit and in shape. Hopefully that myth is dead.

Dervos, Private Entrance, Dignan and 3 others repped this.
  14. SPA2TACU5

SPA2TACU5 Member+

Jul 27, 2001
    ATX
    Lol. Didn't you request these posts?

dcole repped this.
  15. Right Foot Planted

Aug 11, 2007
    Winter off season? He was in Sao Paolo with Klinsmann and Co., remember?

[​IMG]

Lothar is 1 and SPA2TACU5 repped this.
  16. keller4president

Jan 5, 2006
    Hate to say this, but would like to see how JK handles it if Davis or Green gets injured. I don't want actually want a player to get injured - I just would like to know if JK would stick to his word and call in Landon as player #24.

Private Entrance repped this.
  17. luftmensch

luftmensch Member+

United States
    May 4, 2006
    Petaluma
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he meant either within this thread or this specific forum. This thread has been refreshingly Landycakes-free, pretty much.

SPA2TACU5 repped this.
  18. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #4193 deuteronomy, Jun 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
    Unfortunately, it would appear that you have no documentation or link for this flaming piece of revisionist bile . . so we are left to believe that you are making up evidence along the way to support your repeated posts.

It's been pretty amusing how LD had to work his way back into service through the Gold Cup and be invited to try out for the World Cup squad of 30, and perform well at the trial, only to realize, as other players had suggested that the roster had apparently already been selected prior to them being called in.

19. dcole

dcole Member+

May 27, 2005
    You have a point. Let's move on now though.

SPA2TACU5 repped this.
  20. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those guys are midfielders. Landon is not a midfielder.

[​IMG]

In all seriousness, if Green pulls a groin, and Corona gets called instead of Landon, the internet might literally explode. Even funnier will be if Boyd gets called.

Private Entrance and BalanceUT repped this.
  21. keller4president

Jan 5, 2006
    Who has more goals today - Landon for the Galaxy or Jozy and Davis combined? Well we all know Jozy and Davis aren't going to score.

22. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I've done a pretty fair job at explaining my point of view without attacking Landon at all. Even when discussing Landon's mentality I've sourced and linked all my quotes.

I haven't attacked Landon the guy. This is an issue though, you bring up a perspective which isn't deemed popular by a certain crowd, and you're listed as someone who's an LD hater or JK apologist. It's a forum. People should be able to tolerate opposing/different opinions without being personally attacked themselves. And I've repeatedly said Landon was on my 23.

orcrist repped this.
  23. Ghost

Ghost Member+

Sep 5, 2001
    Oh, hey, Bruce Arena thinks one of his aging stars isn't past his prime. Go figure.

RevsLiverpool repped this.
  24. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Absolutely.

And toward that end, I am shutting this thread down and restarting it, because what we have here is failure to communicate.

keller4president repped this.
  25. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Source/link?

I saw where Bruce said Landon is among our best 23. But I'm not aware of any comment like what's in your post.